Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

we need project gotham racing back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
neither burnout 3 nor Outrun 2006 are on XBOX BC so the xbox is trash. failbox

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

hatty posted:

They should put Burnout 3 on swutch

It's the best one, and I wholeheartedly agree.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I can play the PSP version of Outrun 2006 on my Xbox at least

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I got the burnout paradise collection years ago on steam, and it was huge fun. I think it might have been ported to switch?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It could be I am very dumb, but I thought just switching my SD card from old Switch to OLED would be enough to transfer saves and downloaded games.

I'm trying to transfer my save data, and don't tell me I have to do this game per game, one by one. And then download the relevant games from the e-shop again. I thought I could just swap the SD card or something. This is going to take ages.

System's nice I guess. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet.

Please tell me I'm a massive idiot and that there's a faster way to do this.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

hatty posted:

They should put Burnout 3 on swutch

Hell yeah! That one's my favorite.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Transferring your profile over should let you have all your saves. You do have to redownload all the games though rip to your data cap

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

neither burnout 3 nor Outrun 2006 are on XBOX BC so the xbox is trash. failbox

Also add ralli-sport challenge 2 to that list :smith:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

hatty posted:

Transferring your profile over should let you have all your saves. You do have to redownload all the games though rip to your data cap

Well, looks like I'm going to have to pick and choose then cause wow, no, that's going to take ages.

I guess I have saves on the Cloud and that should be enough, as long as I don't need them on the system immediately.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For some reason i remember liking 2 way more then 3, but its been so long i cant articulate why. I think it had something to do with how you got boost? Was there even any differences? I had a tiny childs mind then, and also now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
2 is absolute perfection of the genre, but 3 is probably more featured and fun to play. 3 added takedowns which became your main method of gaining boost. It become less about perfect drifting around corners and more about slamming into the other drivers to send them flying.

The entire Burnout series has a lot of parallels to the THPS series, especially wrt 1/2/3.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
outrun 2/outrun 2006 is an arcade racer in a completely different way but is also every bit as much of a masterpiece

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Read After Burning posted:

I will be grabbing it next time it goes on sale. :)

You missed out. They literally just raised the price from half off for like half a year. They said there's going to be online multiplayer added to it so maybe that's what they're getting ready for.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 16, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

hatty posted:

Can confirm, just did this last week.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Except your Animal Crossing save, make sure you follow the process for moving your island.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

American McGay posted:

3 added takedowns which became your main method of gaining boost. It become less about perfect drifting around corners and more about slamming into the other drivers to send them flying.

god that game owned so hard

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Burnout 3 had the takedown races and the crash events and is therefore the best car game ever.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SystemLogoff posted:

Except your Animal Crossing save, make sure you follow the process for moving your island.

Yeah the only life-sim we have is Stardew Valley.

I thought if I made the OLED my primary it wouldn't need to "verify" if I have the right to play games on it, or is that just a thing that's going to happen now that I have two?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Burnout 4 is okay but was released during the dreaded era of Brown n' Bloom so it looks really ugly and muted. Would still like it on the switch though

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

Burnout 4 is okay but was released during the dreaded era of Brown n' Bloom so it looks really ugly and muted. Would still like it on the switch though

Brownout 4: Austin Anarchy

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've only every played Burnout Paradise, and it was on the Switch. I enjoyed it greatly. Still wishing there'd be a new Excite Trucks/Bots/Bikes/Scooters.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
The world is in desperate need of a new Motorstorm.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

The world is in desperate need of a new Motorstorm.

As brown as Motorstorm was, some say the brownest, it was dope as hell.

LuckyCat posted:

I've only every played Burnout Paradise, and it was on the Switch. I enjoyed it greatly. Still wishing there'd be a new Excite Trucks/Bots/Bikes/Scooters.

The world is ready for Excite ATV and/or Excite Plane

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
What time do switch digital games unlock? Morning day of? Or night before? Ready to get my Kirby fall guys on tonight.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No way to know since it’s a smaller online title. 12am eastern at the earliest, 2pm at the latest.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lotta people apparently didn't buy Cruisn' Blast, on the Nintendo switch

Didn't they say they were doing DLC a while ago?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I thought if I made the OLED my primary it wouldn't need to "verify" if I have the right to play games on it, or is that just a thing that's going to happen now that I have two?
To change which Switch is primary you have to go into the eShop on the currently-primary (your old) one, go into your profile, and deregister it. That will close the eShop on that Switch. The next Switch (which you want to be your new one) that opens the eShop will automatically become the new primary.

Titles don't have to be verified on the primary Switch unless it's one of the Nesflixes or you have NSO-provided DLC--which includes both Mario Kart and Animal Crossing.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Say I were to pick up Luigi's mansion 3, would I miss the depth perception, coming from the second one? LM2 and Super Mario 3D Land were the 2 games I would always use the 3d on 3DS, because it actually helped a lot. A huge amount in LM2, to the point I would get frustrated with 3D turned off. Loved the game though.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

B33rChiller posted:

Say I were to pick up Luigi's mansion 3, would I miss the depth perception, coming from the second one? LM2 and Super Mario 3D Land were the 2 games I would always use the 3d on 3DS, because it actually helped a lot. A huge amount in LM2, to the point I would get frustrated with 3D turned off. Loved the game though.

I’ve only played 3, so my post here is completely pointless and likely shouldn’t be posted at all, but it didn’t feel like anything was missing.

Tyvm for your time please enjoy the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ExcessBLarg! posted:

To change which Switch is primary you have to go into the eShop on the currently-primary (your old) one, go into your profile, and deregister it. That will close the eShop on that Switch. The next Switch (which you want to be your new one) that opens the eShop will automatically become the new primary.

Titles don't have to be verified on the primary Switch unless it's one of the Nesflixes or you have NSO-provided DLC--which includes both Mario Kart and Animal Crossing.

Yeah I'll get to that tomorrow. I had a mess of trouble with the SD cards and ended formatting them, I remember seeing some games that didn't support back ups and for me that means Dark Souls, Pokémon Sword, and Splat2n. The first two don't matter much, I was going to replay Dark Souls eventually and I already sold Sword, but I fear in formatting the SD cards I lost my Splat2n data which is a bitch cause I was sort of counting on that data for Splat3n bonuses, not that it matters much I guess.

That's what I get for doing this when tired at 3 am.

I've set the OLED to download things while I sleep, and I'll see if I salvaged that data or not when I get up.

It's a nice upgrade, just been playing Triangle Strategy, and while I don't quite see the graphical differences yet (I'm not someone who notices frame rates particularly), I do appreciate the battery life and the amazing new kick stand, which is fantastic considering how often I play tabletop.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

How are the non-official switch docks? I’d like to get another one or two to take in different rooms but I’m tired of moving the whole thing TV to TV

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I know you said you sold Sword already. But when I transferred over to my OLED, I tried to back up the cloud save, and I learned that no pokemon game allows that for some reason. But when everything was put onto the new card, it was all there. I don't know how it works. But it seems like in cases like that, Nintendo just somehow keeps it attached to your profile anyway. It's one of the few games I own as digital instead of physical. So maybe it's something to do with that. But i know the carts don't store saves anyway. So who knows. :shrug:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

cruisin' blast did nothing for me, and i LOVE arcade racers. it just wasn't arcade or ridiculous enough. felt like it was trying to straddle the line between cruisin' usa and one of the more saner need for speeds. blech.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abelwingnut posted:

cruisin' blast did nothing for me, and i LOVE arcade racers. it just wasn't arcade or ridiculous enough. felt like it was trying to straddle the line between cruisin' usa and one of the more saner need for speeds. blech.

I can see thinking it didn't play well or something but a game where you can drive a UFO and a dinosaur wasn't ridiculous enough for you?

I thought the course structure was nothing like USA either, to its benefit. Wild, levels with different paths and crazy stuff going on.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

sounds like Nintendo has Sexual Harassment but they won't put it on the Switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
they're saving it for when game releases are slow

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kirby Fall Guys is out. They nailed the progression/unlocks grind. Need that hamburger costume pronto.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hrist posted:

I know you said you sold Sword already. But when I transferred over to my OLED, I tried to back up the cloud save, and I learned that no pokemon game allows that for some reason. But when everything was put onto the new card, it was all there. I don't know how it works. But it seems like in cases like that, Nintendo just somehow keeps it attached to your profile anyway. It's one of the few games I own as digital instead of physical. So maybe it's something to do with that. But i know the carts don't store saves anyway. So who knows. :shrug:

Iirc, Pokemon won't cloud save so you can't save-scum Pokemon trades to give everyone rares and the like. I think it's the same for Animal Crossing and Splatoon as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I need more time to play Xenoblade 3. It's so loving good. The end of chapter 3 blew me away.