Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyArtsyNuggetsMVGame-EDgW4ZZDQ11_neSN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like I'm lacking context, unless it's Woolie's snubbing of the territories, but I think that also explains this (previously) strange RT from Pat:

https://twitter.com/Solidus_Nate/status/1557086531508117508?s=20&t=f1Fc8ERjM-uDjVLj8xeULA

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huSfSFRtKU0

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I just got an idea to sneak a mod into Woolie's ME3 playthrough to remove the Extended Cut content from the ending, but no one's ever going to put in the effort to make a mod for that, right?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If I'm understanding correctly what you're describing it's probably not even possible on the legendary edition without a shitload of work, but you could easily restore it for the original game if you still had the original 1.0 disc version of the PC ver like some sort of loving dumb rear end in a top hat (me)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I didn't notice this til today, why is this thread rated so low lol

edit: i mouse-over'd and saw the # of votes was 41 so i voted it 5 and that brought it from a 2/5 to 3/5 :c00l:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GWEC_xn9OY

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Gianni Matragrano everywhere system.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I saw a moment in today's ME2 LP where Woolie was facing down a half-health basic enemy and he spent like 30 seconds in the radial wheel trying to figure out what power he wanted to use, only to use concussive blast followed by a few shots. I'll appreciate a channel devoted to abbreviated content.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Pennsylvanian posted:

I saw a moment in today's ME2 LP where Woolie was facing down a half-health basic enemy and he spent like 30 seconds in the radial wheel trying to figure out what power he wanted to use, only to use concussive blast followed by a few shots. I'll appreciate a channel devoted to abbreviated content.

you can literally just spam abilities

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Pennsylvanian posted:

Now imagine how long it would have taken if he had stuck it out and listened to whatever idiot friend or simp mod suggested that custom class to him instead of listening to feedback, it'd be the early DMCV menus/training room videos all over again

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mesothelioma posted:

you can literally just spam abilities

He doesn't know that, the man has the biotic charge on hand but instead spends most of the combat just plinking away with a rifle before charging the last half dead enemy.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Perfect Potato posted:

Now imagine how long it would have taken if he had stuck it out and listened to whatever idiot friend or simp mod suggested that custom class to him instead of listening to feedback, it'd be the early DMCV menus/training room videos all over again

Oh so he moved away from the custom class?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yes he's just a vanguard

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So Woolie chose the in your face high-risk high-reward class and then spends most of the combat in cover plinking people with an assault rifle?

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Wasn't Red Shepard an Infiltrator? The ME2 class literally built around sitting in cover and plinking at enemies, complete with a Go Invisible/Plink Harder button, and the special ability that makes the world goes into bullet time when you use your sniper scope?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Moose King posted:

Wasn't Red Shepard an Infiltrator? The ME2 class literally built around sitting in cover and plinking at enemies, complete with a Go Invisible/Plink Harder button, and the special ability that makes the world goes into bullet time when you use your sniper scope?

He was playing Infiltrator in ME1, so it didn't have any of the cool abilities. Instead he was suffering from the ME1 quirk of being a class that comes with the hacking and decryption skills, forgetting to actually put points in them for a while, and having to haul around party members to open safes or hack computers for him.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

He was playing Infiltrator in ME1, so it didn't have any of the cool abilities. Instead he was suffering from the ME1 quirk of being a class that comes with the hacking and decryption skills, forgetting to actually put points in them for a while, and having to haul around party members to open safes or hack computers for him.

Right, so if he had just stuck with importing Red to ME2, or even sticking with the same class, Woolie would be playing a class perfectly suited to his mind goblin playstyle. At least he's not playing an Adept or Sentinel.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
At the end of his last stream woolie finally started playing Correctly, I can confirm

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

forgive me as I haven't played ME2 in 12 years but iirc if you're not hitting biotic charge every single time it's up you should have picked a different class. it's all about aggression and intelligent positioning and is exactly as defensive as much as it is offensive yeah?

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

Rody One Half posted:

Yes he's just a vanguard

Well, a vanguard who can use any weapon type, so basically still a custom class.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Generally you don't want to faceroll over the biotic charge button until you max it out along with assault mastery because there's a pretty good chance that even with the shield recharge you'll get murdered before it comes back up

after you get the capstones though yeah you can go hog wild

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm not sure if that applies to normal difficulty, I'm fairly sure you can just stand in the open and never die.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm not sure if that applies to normal difficulty, I'm fairly sure you can just stand in the open and never die.

Oh okay

granted it's been a long, long time since I played ME2 on normal

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Oh okay

granted it's been a long, long time since I played ME2 on normal

my man :hfive: :c00l: THATS HOW MUCH WE LIFT

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

h/o a sec there Sport let me take some weight off the bar before we talk about ME2 on anything but Extreme

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Unit24 posted:

Well, a vanguard who can use any weapon type, so basically still a custom class.

Didn't the Legendary Edition of ME2 unlock weapons for all classes?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Arc Hammer posted:

Didn't the Legendary Edition of ME2 unlock weapons for all classes?

Only in ME1. ME2 has the same restrictions as vanilla.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's so dumb. Locking half the classes into "poo poo pistol and only one good SMG if you have a DLC" was dumb back then too.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'm glad Woolie is playing on Normal. I recently did a replay of ME1 on Normal and then again on Insanity because I missed the DLC and didn't like my Shepard's looks much. Then I started making headway on a ME2 replay on Insanity before taking a Monster Hunter break. Insanity does make the fights interesting instead of dull speedbumps. But the game has my full attention, I don't mind trying to abusing narrow openings to funnel enemies to me, and I know how to combo team abilities to do poo poo.

A hypothetical Woolie blind first playthrough LP stream on Insanity where he's also trying to bounce off a co-host would end up being really dull. It'd mostly involve him hiding behind crates and cautiously repeating the same fights for hours. Vanguard rushing into a bunch of robots like a doofus is entertaining at least.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

poo poo pistol

The Carnifex is basically the Halo 1 pistol, this slander will not stand

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Moose King posted:

The Carnifex is basically the Halo 1 pistol, this slander will not stand

But the Predator sucks.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh apparently Pat found out he can do less work for more money. Just watch other people's poo poo and react to it and get double the views, it's actually that simple

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

Oh apparently Pat found out he can do less work for more money. Just watch other people's poo poo and react to it and get double the views, it's actually that simple

What did he react to

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dabir posted:

to be fair he's done this with all the nintendo directs etc for years, so it's not exactly a new thing

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Big Scary Owl posted:

What did he react to

random poo poo on youtube sent in by his followers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh is that all, not really something to get worked up over imo

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh is that all, not really something to get worked up over imo
I think he broke out some classic stuff, like Wise Words from the Saad. Ruthless.

Uncle Pat settin' down with the youngin's to learn 'em about the boomer memes, wholesome content.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Suddenly, a new channel: Woolie vs THE ALGORITHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GWEC_xn9OY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho88dz6QgIo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm not actually mad or anything, it just seems to be something he's doing on Sundays. The main thing I consume from both of them is the podcast anyway, and that's not exactly dissimilar from reaction vids. It did kinda give me a bit of a worry at first though, like I could see the slippery slope to him and possibly Woolie too giving up on LPs completely cause being a React Andy is that much easier and more lucrative. It's a stupid thing to worry about but idk. Feels bad to think about