Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

the gollum game but as a vr title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

The concept itself does seem almost intentionally designed to sell poorly though.

reminds me of that saudi arabian knock off of uncharted from a decade ago lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i hope it has perverted rez vibrator technology integration :ohdear:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelievedHealthyLarkSmoocherZ-tZYYMEfORnUytkXp

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

PS5 thread, bear witness to my pledge to not buy any more games until I complete everything currently loaded onto my PS5:

Dark Souls
Lake
Dragon's Crown Pro
Cult of the Lamb
Odin Sphere
Dragon's Dogma
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Kena Bridge of Spirits
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Shadow of the Colossus
The Last Guardian
rear end Creed Valhalla Ragnarok DLC

Thank you all for passively keeping me accountable and less financially stupid :hai:

Get on that shadow of colossus asap

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Goals

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What do you think the next Tetris game is going to be like?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fix posted:

FROM game

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Kazzah posted:

I don't think anyone has ever completed AC Valhalla

My wife’s sister completed it, 100% it in fact.

140 hours.

My like 90% completion of Desth Stranding was 80.

Edit: and I’ll never forget the text she sent me when she finally finished it. She was so, so mad at herself and absolutely hated the ending.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They already did battle royale Tetris so next is either moba Tetris or lootbox Tetris. Maybe both.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only game I hadn't heard of on that list was Lake and after looking it up I am sort of amazed how absolutely spot on my mental picture of it was just from the title.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fix posted:

The only way to go from VR is to surgically implant it in your brain so the world's buildings come alive and become falling tetrads.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Deckbuilding Roguelike Tetris

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

VideoGames posted:

The only way to go from VR is to surgically implant it in your brain so the world's buildings come alive and become falling tetrads.

I was thinking more VR.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tetris is already basically a roguelike

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Tetris: bloodborne II

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fix posted:

I was thinking more VR.

It already is wonderful in VR. Not sure how to make it even better.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Tetris VS PuyaPuya VS Bejweled VS Peggle

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

VideoGames posted:

It already is wonderful in VR. Not sure how to make it even better.

Do more of it. More music, more visuals, more stages.

Twibbit posted:

Tetris VS PuyaPuya VS Bejweled VS Peggle

More Peggle.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fix posted:

Do more of it. More music, more visuals, more stages.

Oh this I am definitely behind. Call it: Tetris Effective :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will always want more peggle over any other kind of small bitesize game ever. Peggle is my comfort game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did you play Rez Infinite VR?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Did you play Rez Infinite VR?

I do not think I did. Wait, I may have tried it when I got my kit and tried everything I could get my hands on.

I should have gotten a PS5 adapter.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It was real good.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Turn-based multiplayer Tetris where you can forego horizontally moving or rotating a piece for a turn and try to trade the piece for one from another player, The Settlers style.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

plastic review mans

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

Blind Rasputin posted:

My wife’s sister completed it, 100% it in fact.

140 hours.

My like 90% completion of Desth Stranding was 80.

Edit: and I’ll never forget the text she sent me when she finally finished it. She was so, so mad at herself and absolutely hated the ending.

That's about how long it took me to 100% the main game, but with the free additional content and France/Ireland DLCs I'm at 220 hours :kiddo:

The ending didn't make me mad, but the result of it did feel kind of gross and uncomfortable playing as Loki 'playing' as Eivor
Also I really wanted Eivor to lose an eye and she never did <:mad:>

Ok, I guess the ending did make me mad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

I do not think I did. Wait, I may have tried it when I got my kit and tried everything I could get my hands on.

Its the same people that did Tetris Effect afaik. The old Rez game is neat but the new area they added is especially rad in VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHxQBeijhpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntZHxRGMATc

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I have reinstalled ac Valhalla with the intention of finishing it... however.... saga frontier is clowning on my free time atm, and valkyrie profile next month, and tactics ogre in november??? I just got offered A NEW JOB that will allow me much more free time so I was hoping to dip back into ff14..... omg gaming is so good right now.

Had such a depressing lull after elden ring but the back half of this year is shaping up to be a monster!!!

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Oh good lord yes. If this actually happens, plz plz plz can we have some goon Helldivers 2 nights? Love me some ludonarratively-loadbearing friendly fire.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Congrats yet again fridge! I also made everyone in the discord congratulate u

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

Its the same people that did Tetris Effect afaik. The old Rez game is neat but the new area they added is especially rad in VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHxQBeijhpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntZHxRGMATc

They're four years out from publishing anything new, they've got to have something nearly ready to go. Another Lumines game?

I'd not be shocked to see them locked down for a PSVR2 launch title.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 18, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Good god, tetris effect was 4 years ago?

E: it was.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Might need to try Rez Infinite!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rez Infinite in VR is excellent

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Congrats yet again fridge! I also made everyone in the discord congratulate u

if that was true i would've exploded into tang by now :colbert:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I have reinstalled ac Valhalla with the intention of finishing it... however.... saga frontier is clowning on my free time atm, and valkyrie profile next month, and tactics ogre in november??? I just got offered A NEW JOB that will allow me much more free time so I was hoping to dip back into ff14..... omg gaming is so good right now.

Had such a depressing lull after elden ring but the back half of this year is shaping up to be a monster!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSS. Go Fridge! :D Super good when a new job is better and gives you more free time. The dream.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

thinking about the silly CRT convo itt and i was asking myself why square doesn't just make FF XVII into a turn-based pixel/sprite rpg. 16-bit pixel stuff has been back in style for a decade at least, so is there real business reason why square couldn't just experiment with a mainline FF game being retro-styled? especially since they always have 3 or 4 FF titles in development at once?

i know this sounds naive as hell because of reputation/clout, hardware technical advances, and studio inertia, etc. but I kinda feel like they could just hire an awesome writing staff and a talented team of pixel artists and cut a fuckton of HD graphics overhead to deliver a well written 2D game with awesome animations and just sell that poo poo on the switch or PSN. maybe it wouldn't do Elden Ring numbers but i'm sure something like that could turn a profit in the digital distribution age and i don't see why each official entry in the series needs to be bigger and more expensive than the last. if ff games can be mmorpgs, prestige remakes, and witcher-likes, then i see no reason why they can't also be pixel rpgs

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

VideoGames posted:

You should look on eBay, I was able to source one pretty cheap after Sony failed twice to send me the one I requested. Wasn’t terribly expensive either, although that was almost a year ago at the point.

Worth it too, i played a bit of RE7 in VR and that poo poo is spooky af

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

They're doing a Tactics remake, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fix posted:

They're doing a Tactics remake, aren't they?

Remaster