Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Have you guys heard about this? Apparently there's a website where you can try to find a "cuddle buddy" close to you, who will come around to your place to cuddle without it progressing to anything more.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/

I find the concept a little disturbing, and I'm not sure what their vetting process is to stop people with bad intentions from using the service. I can't imagine anything about this would be particularly fulfilling. What are your thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who are they to keep me from going beyond cuddling?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a JO crystal buddy service yet?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

give it a try and let us know how it goes, op

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
that sounds annoying, Wizard Master

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
What in the world

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Who doesn't want to cuddle with a random stranger on the internet? Who believes showering once a month is ok and may or may not assault you. :)

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Thought this was gonna be a cat thread :(

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
just to help you stay ahead of the curve wizard master, acephobia is going to be the next hot button issue

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

jazzyhattrick posted:

You're on it

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Pac and Cheese posted:

just to help you stay ahead of the curve wizard master, acephobia is going to be the next hot button issue

Can confirm, i myself am deathly afraid of Ace Frehley (from kiss).

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Y'know how women signing up for online dating sites get constant offers from guys who want a quick hookup, even when their profile says they are clearly looking for something else and it's not even one of the many sites/apps used for casual sex?

Do you think that's a problem for women looking for 'cuddle buddies', too? I think there's a slight chance it's a problem. Just basing it on nothing, really. Just casually assuming. Just going with my gut. But I think there might be a slight risk.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Y'know how women signing up for online dating sites get constant offers from guys who want a quick hookup, even when their profile says they are clearly looking for something else and it's not even one of the many sites/apps used for casual sex?

Do you think that's a problem for women looking for 'cuddle buddies', too? I think there's a slight chance it's a problem. Just basing it on nothing, really. Just casually assuming. Just going with my gut. But I think there might be a slight risk.

Nah it's fine.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
When I worked at BCIT they had a dark room with a bunch of sleeping mats and mattresses on the floor for students to sleep in. It was fairly quickly abandoned for reasons you would expect. So that big room for sleep turned into like 4 single occupant pods that they put in the middle of the library so it's neither private nor particularly quiet. BCIT.

Students would regularly fall asleep on seats with their laptops and stuff just sitting there on nearby tables. If you ever fall out of society, there's good pickings there.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Mooey Cow posted:

Nah it's fine.

Well, that was honestly my only nitpick with the idea, so now I'm all for it.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
You can just pay a normal sex worker for this kind of thing.

Not having to gently caress or suck makes their session way less work. Just provide the dude guy some human contact and let him talk about whatever.

At least you both know exactly what you are getting.

Rolling the dice with "hope this stranger I'm willing let into my home, lock the door, and consent to touch me doesn't decide to kill me (either with physical violence or weaponized BO, or doesn't believe in wiping their rear end)" seems like a very unappealing proposal.

This business model makes no sense.

Life hack though, if you don't mind it being same sex, you can get a cuddle buddy for free if you ride packed intercity buses in countries that are more comfortable with close contact, when they fall asleep and lean on you. First time I was in Spain or something I was totally weirded out by people totally getting in my comfort zone, and kept trying to keep distance, but eventually I just decided to lean into it.

Just makes me feel too bad to wake someone up if they pass out on me as long as they are not gross.

It's like if a cat decides to jump in your lap and be held, you are basically trapped until it chooses to leave.

It takes a cold heart to plop a cat who really wants to be on you back to the floor. I think it may technically be a war crime.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

WIZARD

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

MASTER

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Son of a BITCH

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I sleep in a big bed with my wife, OP

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
So is this thread going to go on for dozens of pages instead of letting it die, because liberals can't stop taking a guy who trolls them seriously?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I knew someone that signed up for this or something like it. They smelled bad. Like sour milk.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk if it's worse or better than getting a cat

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Poohs Packin posted:

I sleep in a big bed with my wife, OP

Yeah I sleep with this guys wife too op

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Reminds me of the F-Plus episode on Cuddle Parties, which are large meet-ups where people get together and cuddle. It's as hosed up as it sounds.

poo poo, the person who submitted the doc was on that episode and even said, out of all the crazy fetish stuff she's found over the years, it was the cuddle party stuff that creeped her out the most.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pimpcasso posted:

Yeah I sleep with this guys wife too op

Are you the fucker what been leaving Ritz bits in the sheets

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mega64 posted:

Reminds me of the F-Plus episode on Cuddle Parties, which are large meet-ups where people get together and cuddle. It's as hosed up as it sounds.

poo poo, the person who submitted the doc was on that episode and even said, out of all the crazy fetish stuff she's found over the years, it was the cuddle party stuff that creeped her out the most.

I went to an anime con one time because it was a free trip to Chicago with mates and was really creeped out by the amount of weird long hugging, and "glomping" which is like a weird cutesy way of bear hugging someone unexpectedly. Never again.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Are you the fucker what been leaving Ritz bits in the sheets

Bro that's on her.
I didn't want to say anything

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
why yes, I have... no expectations of something more :smith:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I knew someone that signed up for this or something like it. They smelled bad. Like sour milk.

This one is the best one.

When you make your profile it asks you to define your own smell levels, and your preferences of your cuddle partner's smell level and showering frequency so you can find a better match.

Lots of other useful options too, like the "how handsy are you" level. Most users choose "whoops, my hand slipped, sorry".

Matchmaking.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Funky See Funky Do posted:

quote:

Funky See Funky Do

:thunk:

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

jazzyhattrick posted:

Yes, it is called grindr

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A shittle Farty

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I normally use adultfriendfinder.com for this anyways wth

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Anime body pillows, but in human form and as a single use transaction. Hmmm...

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
What's stopping me from doing less than cuddling?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
cuddling is gay

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Yaldabaoth posted:

So is this thread going to go on for dozens of pages instead of letting it die, because liberals can't stop taking a guy who trolls them seriously?

Could be a lady troll

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my cats cuddle with me all the time, they can’t seem to get enough cuddling, maybe try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I'm not paying him for the cuddles, I'm paying for him to leave