Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s a valid way to enjoy photograffy

i’m slowly starting to make traction as in I’ve got a few people hitting me up about getting photo taken I mean not yet for money but still it must be i’m doing something right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

PokeJoe posted:

I don't bother saving the raw files bc I never edit my pics or do anything w them really besides put the ones I like on a digital photo frame slideshow :shrug:

i don't know poo poo about photo editing at all

lol i know you know what an aspect ratio is come on man. you're just leaving pixels on the table though :shrug:

you've got a good eye though, you should keep the raws kicking around for a day or two, you never know when you might suddenly be inspired by some idea. it's handy having the original sensor data if you really wanna gently caress with it, but also as processing techniques evolve its a better-than-lossless copy to remaster if you ever feel so inclined

no storage? amazon gives you unlimited photo uploads if you have prime, and yes, that includes raw

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was going to ask, what others do for offsite backup etc

I don't have prime. I am not sure what best to use

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
there’s a million cloud providers if that floats your boat.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yes it does

do you or anyone have a recommendation?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

echinopsis posted:

yes it does

do you or anyone have a recommendation?

i would say amazon but i actually got an email saying "amazon drive is closing january 2023" lol

it's unclear if that affects photo storage because it's a combined pool, so yeah not so good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

here's a full res pic for you queefbeefer

i wish I hadn't taken it through my dirty window though because it turned out pretty good :/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

here's a full res pic for you queefbeefer

i wish I hadn't taken it through my dirty window though because it turned out pretty good :/

aahh ha, so it was just discarding the sensor data on those crops

it does seem to be interpolated + sharpened by default, but that's ok: that's one of the scenarios in which you should add grain, like so

i may have also color graded it just a lil

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hmm neat

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

amazon potentially obliterating my raws made me look at the pics from my old huawei. it's pretty good actually

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

echinopsis posted:

I was going to ask, what others do for offsite backup etc

I don't have prime. I am not sure what best to use

flickr is needs suiting since realistically im not gonna go edit decades-old raws

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am thinking about storage for all the raws I have going back to 09 and for the future

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also cool photo idea I had - someone lighting a fake molotov

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
or maybe using a molotov to light a cigarette that’d be so badass

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

just out and about filming “content”

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

just out and about filming “content”

lmao what in the gently caress is that thing on the right, a metal table?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao what in the gently caress is that thing on the right, a metal table?

The orange thing is a bollard, no?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
The thing that looks like an upside down table (in the center of frame) is a highly rusted boat dock/launch ramp.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

MrQueasy posted:

The orange thing is a bollard, no?

:iiam:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

MrQueasy posted:

The thing that looks like an upside down table (in the center of frame) is a highly rusted boat dock/launch ramp.

:ms:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:iiaca:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
photo dump

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

echinopsis posted:

or maybe using a molotov to light a cigarette that’d be so badass

I’d buy a big fucken canvas print of that

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

those have great colors and the bridge one is reel nice

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

photo dump

an excellent dump

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

I’d buy a big fucken canvas print of that

I hope to make this dream a reality some day soon

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

those have great colors and the bridge one is reel nice

thanks mate :)

Beeftweeter posted:

an excellent dump

a real effort dump lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol, needed to check my focus and accidentally did something neat?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i like these little leafhoppers, i saw this guy chilling in the shade of a sorghum leaf when i was gardening today

this is digitally zoomed with an iphone 8, hence the smearing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cute

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
dang that's a pretty bug

we have a similar kind that will scootch around the stem so that they're always on the opposite side of the stem from my hand and it is really entertaining. They don't even seem to move, they just magically pan around the stem

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

went out to the ocean. it was so god drat cold, insanely cold, my legs ended up so numb I couldn’t feel myself walking afterward lol

anyway I like that shot, almost looks like she’s so lost in thought she hasn’t noticed the ocean has surrounded her

plus hopefully it really captures how grim and cold and etc it really was. I could warm it up and raise the shadows and etc, and I think that’s what the model would want for her portfolio, but for mine I like it as is

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

went out to the ocean. it was so god drat cold, insanely cold, my legs ended up so numb I couldn’t feel myself walking afterward lol

anyway I like that shot, almost looks like she’s so lost in thought she hasn’t noticed the ocean has surrounded her

plus hopefully it really captures how grim and cold and etc it really was. I could warm it up and raise the shadows and etc, and I think that’s what the model would want for her portfolio, but for mine I like it as is

“putting women in uncomfortable situations” a gallery by echinopsis

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

i like it, but yeah i don't know that it communicates the cold effectively really

i could try to gently caress with it if you want, but i'd mess around with the blue and green channels (if you do that lower red too obviously)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

“putting women in uncomfortable situations” a gallery by echinopsis

drat

Beeftweeter posted:

i like it, but yeah i don't know that it communicates the cold effectively really

interesting, as in, I can’t not see the cold because I was involved but it’s good having an external view

regardless the cold isn’t essential to the vibe, but interesting it’s not obvious

it also just makes me think I should sit on photos for a little bit. I did that within the hour of shooting it and now a day later I’m not totally feeling my edit and I think I need to apply some patience lol.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

lol, needed to check my focus and accidentally did something neat?

cool

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

echinopsis posted:

it also just makes me think I should sit on photos for a little bit. I did that within the hour of shooting it and now a day later I’m not totally feeling my edit and I think I need to apply some patience lol.
EVERY TIME I edit I send out my work right after and then a day later I see it and all of the very obviously wrong things with it

i tell myself that tnext time i'll do a second pass but i just get so hyped for my cool bird pix that i can't stand to wait

      

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rad birb shots. i don’t have the patience for it, i love them tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Corla Plankun posted:

EVERY TIME I edit I send out my work right after and then a day later I see it and all of the very obviously wrong things with it

i tell myself that tnext time i'll do a second pass but i just get so hyped for my cool bird pix that i can't stand to wait

      

lol

nice birds tho

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Here's a pic of a hungry juvenile crow I took today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

rah!

went hikin, couldn't decide on color or bw

mt. baker, washington

had a hazy, featureless sky with noon sun so i tried to show as little sky as possible while still making the mountain appear large