Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

camoseven posted:

Can I interest you in the relatively new SA Baseball Card Thread??

edit to actually answer the questions: You've got some sick cards there that are worth a fair bit of money. Pete Rose will never, ever, not in a million loving years, be admitted to the hall of fame. He's still out there being a real piece of poo poo, too, so you might wanna sell now before he opens his dumb mouth again (though their values will likely keep going up, slowly, forever, unless he does something else really heinous before he dies)
thank you, I've posted it over there. I figured as much, he did some real stupid poo poo, and seeing him trending in the last week or so on twitter saying more dumb bullshit, I meant to also ask pretty much what you said; should I sell them asap to get his stink off my hands before it comes out he's a confirmed diddler rather than just an accused one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I dont know if this is true and it doesn't feel true but I want it to be.

Definitely not true. It FEELS true and that's what matters

https://twitter.com/TheTexasKing/status/1560395627795828737?t=GMo4PG0IpPYbYkSW70_krw&s=19

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sab0921 posted:

I dont know if this is true and it doesn't feel true but I want it to be.

Definitely not true. It FEELS true and that's what matters

https://twitter.com/TheTexasKing/status/1560395627795828737?t=GMo4PG0IpPYbYkSW70_krw&s=19

Add it to the back of the hoodie.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm buying every Yankee fan in this thread a drink if they fire Cashman and Boone.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

This isn't a completely lovable Atlanta team, but the kids are so fun.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1560439215049031680

Also shamelessly stolen from Twitter:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

RC and Moon Pie posted:

love my atlanta children, love wash

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Just gonna check in with the Bronx on how things are going

https://twitter.com/RiverAveBlues/status/1560446087890182144?t=3ltYJjC-uqOlrilz0kIrFQ&s=19

Hoo boy

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Do Yankees fans take pride in having a noticeable effect on helping players on their own team play worse? I don't get it. No other team has this issue nearly as bad.

Oh wait, they're "passionate".

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Braves vs Dodgers national league championship

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

Do Yankees fans take pride in having a noticeable effect on helping players on their own team play worse? I don't get it. No other team has this issue nearly as bad.

It builds character, okay?? Gotta make real men out of them!!

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The Walrus posted:

But a 123 inning is just 3 up 3 down. So there's no term for striking out the side in a 3 up 3 down inning?

There is. Striking out the side in order

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Popete posted:

This is the same fanbase that berated a Guardians outfielder after he injured himself, pelted the other OFs with bottles, and then tried to fistfight them.

You know it’s bad when your own team has to come out and beg you to stop being scumbag trash.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Bob Melvin did it again. Insisting on using Hader in a 1-1 game in the 9th he pulls Darvish at only 80 some pitches with 2 on and 1 out, Hader proceeds to HBP and BB the next 2 batters :lol:

Darvish was pissed to be taken out and was barely containing it in the dugout after Hader walked in the go ahead run.

Edit: He then let in a second run on a line drive sac to Wil Meyers who just barely got to it. Both runs charged to Darvish.

Popete fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 19, 2022

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1560487063270690818

them boos lol

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Well played White Sox social media team:

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1560387990823763968

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Popete posted:

Bob Melvin did it again. Insisting on using Hader in a 1-1 game in the 9th he pulls Darvish at only 80 some pitches with 2 on and 1 out, Hader proceeds to HBP and BB the next 2 batters :lol:

Darvish was pissed to be taken out and was barely containing it in the dugout after Hader walked in the go ahead run.

Edit: He then let in a second run on a line drive sac to Wil Meyers who just barely got to it. Both runs charged to Darvish.

The gently caress happened to Hader? Has he secretly been replaced by his twin brother

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The gently caress happened to Hader? Has he secretly been replaced by his twin brother

Brewers relievers have had this weird streak where they are dominant as hell for a few years straight, and then at some point, a switch flips and they turn to poo poo. Knebel, Axford, Turnbow, and Gagne/Hoffman, though they were at the end of their careers.

If that's the case with Hader, and the Brewers actually made a good move in dumping him, I will be legitimately impressed with our FO.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He appears to have just lost all command. His stuff is still there but where he was able to pin point his fastball on the corners previously it's now missing outside for a fairly large margin.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

elentar posted:

love how many batting statistics come with at least a brief moment of reflection on how much Hank Aaron loving owned

my favorite fun fact of his is that he was the home run king for 25 years but if you give him 0 career homers he's still in the 3000 hit club

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

lmao eat poo poo Hader.

The Cubs would be happy to take Darvish back for a 17 year old complex guy or two, I'm sure.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Abugadu posted:

Brewers relievers have had this weird streak where they are dominant as hell for a few years straight, and then at some point, a switch flips and they turn to poo poo. Knebel, Axford, Turnbow, and Gagne/Hoffman, though they were at the end of their careers.

If that's the case with Hader, and the Brewers actually made a good move in dumping him, I will be legitimately impressed with our FO.

It's 90% of relievers. Hader has been lights out for years but this kind of collapse is normal. It would also be totally normal for him to come back to his previous form.

e: also

Sydin posted:

lmao eat poo poo Hader.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Just watched vod on mlb.tv and wow holy poo poo Darvish actually legit pissed, even seemed to want to argue about being taken out. Takes quite a bit for that to happen.

SD is a loving train wreck, please send our beautiful boy somewhere better tia.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Sydin posted:

Just watched vod on mlb.tv and wow holy poo poo Darvish actually legit pissed, even seemed to want to argue about being taken out. Takes quite a bit for that to happen.

SD is a loving train wreck, please send our beautiful boy somewhere better tia.

I'm still mad about the trade. The next serious competitive window should have been opening under his contract. A major market team shouldn't really have "competitive windows" but I'll take what I can get and we could have had Suzuki/Stroman/Darvish plus the new offensive core in say 2024

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

more falafel please posted:

I'm still mad about the trade. The next serious competitive window should have been opening under his contract. A major market team shouldn't really have "competitive windows" but I'll take what I can get and we could have had Suzuki/Stroman/Darvish plus the new offensive core in say 2024

Zach Davies (lol) + 4 lottery tickets, only one of whom is currently in the Cubs top 30 prospects (Owen Cassie at #10). But you know the losses were biblical after all, just absolutely had to slash payroll a year after the Ricketts sold TD Ameritrade for $26B, how else could ownership have stayed solvent???

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Sydin posted:

lmao eat poo poo Hader.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
What a win by the Braves! All the little moves paying off just like last year.

Edit; And while i'm posting this i get a notice Ozuna was arrested last night for a DUI.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 19, 2022

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1560315638198960129

I mean, it's not the worst thing in the world at this point and might help them stay around .500 for a couple of weeks until Anderson comes back.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

chilihead posted:

What a win by the Braves! All the little moves paying off just like last year.

Edit; And while i'm posting this i get a notice Ozuna was arrested last night for a DUI.

good, hope we never see him again, dudes totally loving washed

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

good, hope we never see him again, dudes totally loving washed

Man so far i haven't seen this on anything other then reddit, but the op had a link to the correct county jail bond site. I would be happy to be wrong.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I truly don't understand Berrios' season. Like I mentioned before, you never know what to expect. Sure, his season numbers are awful, but seems to either have a great or terrible game. No in-between. I wish I knew more about how to pitch to understand why this has been a trend.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Shame the Mets lost, but last night was a good baseball game. Great pitching duel and the difference ended up being good baserunning.

Mets are 9-7 against the Braves with three left between the two teams. Division race of yore.

NL East is the only division with an actually competitive battle for first, isn't it?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Sydin posted:

Zach Davies (lol) + 4 lottery tickets, only one of whom is currently in the Cubs top 30 prospects (Owen Cassie at #10). But you know the losses were biblical after all, just absolutely had to slash payroll a year after the Ricketts sold TD Ameritrade for $26B, how else could ownership have stayed solvent???

Don't forget the 4 billion dollar Chelsea bid, but apparently the Ricketts are too racist for soccer hooligans to stomach.

Cassie may be something in time, but he was the #2 guy in that deal behind Reggie Preciado who apparently has no idea how to tell if a baseball is spinning and was already tanking in the prospect ratings last year before falling out of the Cubs top 49(!) prospects, good times.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Sydin posted:

I'm not a Cubs fan but haven't most of the players they let go played poorly? Or at the very least, not worth the contracts?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Twin Cinema posted:

I truly don't understand Berrios' season. Like I mentioned before, you never know what to expect. Sure, his season numbers are awful, but seems to either have a great or terrible game. No in-between. I wish I knew more about how to pitch to understand why this has been a trend.

All lovely pitchers need is to pitch vs the Yankees post like June 20th.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
How can the Yankees be so terrible and such an awful team that they need to fire the front office yet any pitcher that beats them is also a lovely aaa pitcher that has no business in the big leagues

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I think the answer to your question is in your question

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

His fastball isn't a great pitch but sets up everything else with sequencing. When he can't locate it where he needs to he gets shelled and when he can he's fine.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Will the two best records in the AL at the end of the season be the Mariners and the Astros?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Rays and Astros so that Mcmagic's brain explodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
AL Cy Young race has definitely changed a bit since the AS break. Right now I have Verlander/Crease as 1a/b and McClanahan/Ohtani as 2a/b. Would be cool if Ohtani went on a tear to close on Verlander a bit but right now it looks like Verlander is on track for his 3rd CY award.