Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

cls: thursday i went to the bar and one bartender there brought their 10 week old samoyed puppy there and i petted the dog and watched them trod on the bar counter and have been in very good mood ever since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

matti posted:

cls: thursday i went to the bar and one bartender there brought their 10 week old samoyed puppy there and i petted the dog and watched them trod on the bar counter and have been in very good mood ever since

:kimchi:

matti
Mar 31, 2019

oof miyagi had an 11 run second inning against fukushima

thats rough

its the semis too lol

matti
Mar 31, 2019

e: wrong thread

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

wb you stinky binch 💖

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/and_dads_car__/status/1560914537523453952?s=21&t=orwoAs9j42hATTCoUJbBKA

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/CuriosMuseum/status/1560220318244937728

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

how can he be the world’s only underwater clown when thousands of marines a year buy muscle cars on finance

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

jesus WEP posted:

how can he be the world’s only underwater clown when thousands of marines a year buy muscle cars on finance

lmao

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

relevant:
https://twitter.com/Baldprivilege/status/1560975354012917762

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lmfao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lomarf

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

that's unfair

there's thousands of infantry and airmen under water as well

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

perfect

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

tbf the new concept "Daytona" charger looks rad as gently caress

https://twitter.com/alanisnking/status/1560045685638135809

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

god could ford just please make an actual ev mustang. please. please

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

PIZZA.BAT posted:

god could ford just please make an actual ev mustang. please. please

sorry, the only permissible new american cars are crossover monstrosities

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

tbf the new concept "Daytona" charger looks rad as gently caress

https://twitter.com/alanisnking/status/1560045685638135809

the dipshits put a fake engine noise on it and it sounds like one of those kids power wheels, it’s hilarious

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7132998283525524782

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they know their target demo

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

current multiple jobs status

https://twitter.com/TaliaGold/status/1560294319818358785?s=20&t=iA2tNDj1un-WYBMmGZ1fRw

i wouldnt consider this unethical but its def tryhard city

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i gotta start looking for a new job on monday and i literally have no idea what to do. i don't really wanna work in tech again but creative work is diminishing atm :smith:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

cjs: trying to decide between busting rear end at a startup vs continuing to chill with the state govt

old colleague hit me up today about joining his new company. dude's founded a few successful companies with lucrative exits, and i missed a seven figure payday by passing on the last gig he tried to set me up with.

current job is a nice chill low expectations. i'm a state employee, so both benefits are good but pay is pretty mediocre. it's easy work that is in no way shape nor form challenging

potential job is a freshly funded startup where i'd expect salary to be at least 170% of what i currently make, but i'd also expect at least 250% more effort will be required.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol i actually tried applying for state gov. they said they'd get back to me august 31 :negative:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pile Of Garbage posted:

re-watching voyager, the maquis fuckin rule

nah. they're dipshits with a martyr complex who value property rights over lives.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Share Bear posted:

its def tryhard city

the ultimate sin

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i think the fake engine noise is a legal requirement

like apparently EVs have to make SOME noise

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My wife's prius is silent. I started it up in the parking lot of the grocery store and a guy came over surprised he heard nothing.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

they should all be required to make the Jetsons car soind

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

The honorable Joedge has decreed it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

i think the fake engine noise is a legal requirement

like apparently EVs have to make SOME noise

also presumably why harleys are legally required to sound like a hot-bulb engine tug boat

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

the noise requirement varies by location. iirc the one in the lightning didn’t sound too awful. they’re all dumb as hell sounding like old time engines imo tho

wonder if they tune it to sound good only inside lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

also presumably why harleys are legally required to sound like a hot-bulb engine tug boat

lol they trademarked that

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Video Nasty posted:

My wife's prius is silent. I started it up in the parking lot of the grocery store and a guy came over surprised he heard nothing.

silent until they start moving, iirc. or at least mine makes funny noises when it's moving at low speed in ev mode.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i will only accept the jaws theme that speeds up as I get closer to a car or pedestrian

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

my GIRLFRIEND'S Honda Clarity makes this sound like a really deep baritone Greek chorus whenever she's moving below 20 mph

I offered to give her car a startup sound like I did to my old Shmaturn SL2 (junked and no longer with us) but she said she didn't like hearing the sonar sound from Red October every time she hit the ignition

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Horney Davidson

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sex motorcycle company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I know you all hate when I talk about being poor, so I'm gonna do it.

my refrigerator died, so I was frantic to keep what food I had, becuase I can't afford poo poo, and some of it spoiled so I had to call my parents to send me money for food. then my kitchen sink broke and was leaking everywhere so I couldn't use it and had to call maintenance in to fix it, and they had to replace the entire u-bend part.

now it's 30 degrees C and it's impossible to sleep, but my fridge works so