Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

post hole digger posted:

whats even worse is theres one white guy in our org that uses black emojis for everything, as i think some sort of perceived solidarity thing. really bizarre behavior.

white people using PoC emojis is 🚩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i just use default sinpsons yellow

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i use the default ones instead of the extremely pasty white ones that match my frail bodybuilder computerman frame

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

lol if you finish building things.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Unicode was a mistake. poo poo ASCII/ANSI was a loving bad idea to begin with

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Unicode was a mistake. poo poo ASCII/ANSI was a loving bad idea to begin with

bring back EBCDIC

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i like the gender neutral ones because they look more like me :shobon:

if i have the choice tho i use those weird lil turtle emoji kitchen mashups, they're v cute

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Roosevelt posted:

my wife works in administration at the company farm and the pay isn't great but the perks are nice. yesterday one of the growers chopped a half ounce of lemonhead right off the tree and sent her home with it

yeah its more of a management position but i'd still be selling people drugs i guess

we've been coasting on savings during the pandemic but i guess i'm officially poor as poo poo now so i'll take whatever honestly

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

if the emoji colors are adding to your stack of microaggressions you should probably reprioritize

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i think it irks me because 1) the design choice slack made to show multiple skin tones is bad and it feels problematic to tally up the by-race participation in an emoji, and 2) i use the default ones instead of the extremely pasty white ones that match my gross body and i don't like to be reminded of that

im glad other people are getting a positive experience out of it though. i was curious about that.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

if the emoji colors are adding to your stack of microaggressions you should probably reprioritize

ive no problem with em theyre cool and good but also this is hilarious how even

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

white people using PoC emojis is 🚩

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

also choose pontiff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKosaf5tmpI

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I turn all emojis and gifs off in slack so I just see ":+1:::skin-tone-3:" and ":homerwoohoo:"

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQv1oN4DNeU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Gnossiennes posted:

i like the gender neutral ones because they look more like me :shobon:

if i have the choice tho i use those weird lil turtle emoji kitchen mashups, they're v cute

wait a minute, once a new hire uploaded a whole suite of (unironically likeable) panda emojis and it just now occurred to me that she was (probably intentionally because she was v cool and good) providing the team with a gender neutral option for almost all of the common reactions

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

I turn all emojis and gifs off in slack so I just see ":+1:::skin-tone-3:" and ":homerwoohoo:"

lmao i didnt even know that was possible but it is definitely a valid workaround

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I just use the yellow emojis because they match😄👍

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Corla Plankun posted:

wait a minute, once a new hire uploaded a whole suite of (unironically likeable) panda emojis and it just now occurred to me that she was (probably intentionally because she was v cool and good) providing the team with a gender neutral option for almost all of the common reactions

those and the blob ones are great for it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

westerners: I have no idea how Chinese people can learn to read and write!! how do you memorise thousands of symbols with intricate details in them??

also westerners: this guy is probably racist because he is white but only uses the black emojis and when he responded with “🙏🏿👨🏿‍🦱 ong fr fr 👩🏿‍💻🧠” it came off as both racist and condescending

anyways time to see what my bf is up to 🤔🥴🥵🍑🍆

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

westerners: I have no idea how Chinese people can learn to read and write!! how do you memorise thousands of symbols with intricate details in them??

also westerners: this guy is probably racist because he is white but only uses the black emojis and when he responded with “🙏🏿👨🏿‍🦱 ong fr fr 👩🏿‍💻🧠” it came off as both racist and condescending

anyways time to see what my bf is up to 🤔🥴🥵🍑🍆

emojis is tonal languages for crackers

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

Zamujasa posted:

cjs: this "town hall" meeting feels like a cult indoctrination meeting. i mean, it kind of is, but still

I dropped from my last one the other day when I joined the meeting and the presenter literally told a "and then everyone stood up and clapped" story. Can't be feeding bullshit like that before the day has even really started.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Eeyo posted:

maybe they can just make the thumbs up emoji randomly choose a skin color, problem solved

I saw one that was like :diverse-applause: that was animated clapping that cycled through all the skin tones

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vintersorg posted:

is the boat captain loving with em?? lol

1000%. they can get away with it because they need to alert the swing bridge operator while in the oxbow

you can see the venue and the bridge in the pic. they don't do it during concerts tho :thunk: lol

in 2007 we got the summer of hospital and got the entire roster every two weeks over three months it owned

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

cjs: probably fine to let the entire finance team go on vacation all at once. hope no vendors are mad when they don't get paid this week!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cat Face Joe posted:

cjs: probably fine to let the entire finance team go on vacation all at once. hope no vendors are mad when they don't get paid this week!

that's management's issue, thats why they get the big bux

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

graph posted:

^^^

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

graph posted:

actually they'll all come to me!

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

CPColin posted:

I saw one that was like :diverse-applause: that was animated clapping that cycled through all the skin tones

i already put this one on my workslack because :clapping-all: is an excellent way to convey that everyone liked [that]

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

:diverse-applause: sounds like what someone from northern california with a lot of free time and a hyphenated name would call it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cat Face Joe posted:

actually they'll all come to me!

'i dont handle money, sorry'

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

graph posted:

'i dont handle money, sorry'

but i do?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Point behind them and say "you mean that money?" and when they're turned around sneak out through the fire exit

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

oh god how did you let that happen

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

the buck stops here, and so do i *walks out*

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

cjs the new hire is in their 4th week and still can't figure out our ticket system. watched them update our shared spreadsheet where we keep track of things, they typed in the wrong numbers then tried to edit the the ticket to match instead of correcting their mistake

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

just tell them the check is in the mail

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

you know that and we know that but do they know that?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Animal Friend posted:

cjs the new hire is in their 4th week and still can't figure out our ticket system. watched them update our shared spreadsheet where we keep track of things, they typed in the wrong numbers then tried to edit the the ticket to match instead of correcting their mistake

realtalk: how much training have they been provided on the process? and are they familiar with desktop computers at all? i am curious.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Animal Friend posted:

to be fair, why are you tracking anything in excel instead of just handling tickets on jira

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs: does it count as a ragequit if you’re in one entire meeting from 4pm-530pm, the meeting goes over time by 15 minutes, 2/3 of the people including you do not need to be there and don’t speak, the meeting is about something 99% orthogonal to what you do, you were clearly just included because the organizer had no idea who knows what and shotgunned invites, and after your Adderall wears off you suddenly enter a fugue state and unconsciously press the Leave Meeting button