Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Mr. Crow posted:

Ya i held off until it was recently on sale cause i heard it was poo poo, but tbh ive been having a ton of fun. I dont know if they've improved it significantly or its just scratching an itch but ive put.... To many hours into it recently.

Theres a WAR_FX mod that basically just makes all the particle effects permanent and it murders your fps but gat drat the map looks cool as hell after a fight. It can even affect your ability to engage effectively in a heavy fight, there will be so much debris in the air you really need to move around / out of it to see your target. Adds a cool layer to the strategy.

Theres a lot of other real cool looking mods I wanna try once i finish this first playthrough.

get a 100 ton mech with lots of bullet hard points and shred with Ultra Autocannons. it's been a while since i've played but those guns were a bitch to find

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

psiox posted:

well dang, my steam deck order is up

uh, is it worth it?

What do you plan on doing with one?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oh wow, there isn't actually a real dock yet

i had planned to basically use it as a switch and have an easy-to-transport tv jaming device at my partner's, but i think that might be out of the question

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

won't any old usb-c "dock" do the job?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

psiox posted:

well dang, my steam deck order is up

uh, is it worth it?

do you want an underpowered handheld pc that runs some windows apps through a sketchy compatibility layer under linux?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

wait for the GPD Win 4

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

wait for the GPD Win 4

such a nice looking device, but I really wish they'd kept the win/win2 style clamshell. you could toss it in a big with no case and not have to worry about the lovely thumbsticks getting caught on anything

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i really want a win max 2 design machine with the dimensions of a win 2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mr. Crow posted:

Ya i held off until it was recently on sale cause i heard it was poo poo, but tbh ive been having a ton of fun. I dont know if they've improved it significantly or its just scratching an itch but ive put.... To many hours into it recently.

Theres a WAR_FX mod that basically just makes all the particle effects permanent and it murders your fps but gat drat the map looks cool as hell after a fight. It can even affect your ability to engage effectively in a heavy fight, there will be so much debris in the air you really need to move around / out of it to see your target. Adds a cool layer to the strategy.

Theres a lot of other real cool looking mods I wanna try once i finish this first playthrough.

nice. you been playing the campaign? or is there a mod that makes it just "You own a merc company. Go"?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

MrQueasy posted:

I know this. It's why I don't even start main story missions when I don't have an hour to spare. Though in typical Kojima fashion I'm still expecting side missions to "accidentally" drop me into a long cutscene at some point.

heh, "an hour"

(e) then again maybe in the director's cut there's more checkpoints

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

what is this?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

that's Jill sticking her FINGeR in Nemesis

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nudgenudgetilt posted:

won't any old usb-c "dock" do the job?

yep. there's no official one, but there's plenty on amazon that should be fine

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

that's Jill sticking her FINGeR in Nemesis

I'm not going to bother searching any combination of those words to get an answer.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

re3make op

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Ciaphas posted:

nice. you been playing the campaign? or is there a mod that makes it just "You own a merc company. Go"?

Campaign ya, but there is a career mode which is i guess "the real" game starts.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

man, i did promise myself that i'd get around to death stranding, and with it on game pass the excuses feel very hard to make. but otoh slay the spire is right there in that same list, and i still miss some ascensions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I gotta play more death stranding. it's been hard to fit the time in lately though

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

played a bunch of hunt showdown with some friends, killed a dude who had TTV in his steam name, then watched his stream for a bit and ended up playing with him for a few hours after my friends went to bed

such a wonderfully stupid game

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rajfjaoYKW1yit84w.mp4

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i'd be a bit nervous around a playful and bitey wild raccoon but that's just me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

Allow tool, common sense, speech bubbles, while youre up, and defense positions are all great and don't change the gameplay at all

some of the others like the recipes or animals add more complexity and hospitality let's you make a retail store and hotel for visitors

Thanks for this, I installed allow tool and common sense and they have made the gmae so much better.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

simple sidearms is good too, allows your pawns to carry one melee and one ranged weapon at once. makes combat a little easier if you’re starting out, though I think enemies get the same advantage

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

get defensive positions!!!

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i've avoided all mods until now, but might have to give a couple of these a shot.

can you apply a mod to an existing game, or do you have to start fresh?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

"ahhh yes let me janitor an individual video game by picking and choosing what features to implement that the dev left out, this is a good use of my time" - the utterly deranged

"why program a game when we can make it moddable and let the unpaid, unwashed masses do it for us?" - fat cat game publishers

"*loud sobbing*" - Lady Liberty

"The real mod TOOLS!" - Kelly

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

they can be added to a in progress save

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Achmed Jones posted:

"ahhh yes let me janitor an individual video game by picking and choosing what features to implement that the dev left out, this is a good use of my time" - the utterly deranged

"why program a game when we can make it moddable and let the unpaid, unwashed masses do it for us?" - fat cat game publishers

please tell me you dont play bethesda games vanilla thats some psyopath poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

get defensive positions!!!

i got a defensive position 4 u right here

8=D

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

All good recommendations I will install those as well.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Achmed Jones posted:

i think RimWorld is made by one guy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

And that fuxjer NEVER puts it on sale

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the dlcs are like 2/3rd the price of the game too

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Achmed Jones posted:

this is actually the thing that finally got me to stop playing genshin impact

it was a fun game at first but then i made it a habit and beat all the quests and just kept going, until they released a couple of event bosses in a row where you had to set your own difficulty tweaks (more difficulty=> more reward) and i was so mad about how lazy that game development strategy was that i logged off for good

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

rimworld is actually perfectly fine without any mods and there’s barely any bugs to speak of. i played vanilla for the longest time, always opposed to mods because I wanted to play it ~as intended~ . but after starting over for the 200th time, I wanted some quality of life mods to make some of the more monotonous stuff a little easier. the allow tool is basically all i installed for the longest time. but as a game that really shines if you want to roleplay or come up with wacky goals for yourself, mods are totally cool and good

oh yeah the prepare carefully mod is good too

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/riley_fox/status/1562103764936441858

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

polyester concept posted:

rimworld is actually perfectly fine without any mods and there’s barely any bugs to speak of. i played vanilla for the longest time, always opposed to mods because I wanted to play it ~as intended~ . but after starting over for the 200th time, I wanted some quality of life mods to make some of the more monotonous stuff a little easier. the allow tool is basically all i installed for the longest time. but as a game that really shines if you want to roleplay or come up with wacky goals for yourself, mods are totally cool and good

oh yeah the prepare carefully mod is good too

ya same pretty much. I played a shitload of vanilla, probably 200+ hours mod free but the mods are good and make the game fit how you like to play it better

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

ya same pretty much. I played a shitload of vanilla, probably 200+ hours mod free but the mods are good and make the game fit how you like to play it better

200 hours mod free sounds about right, i think that's the same for me

that said, rimatomics, rimefeller, and dubs bad hygiene have changed the game forever for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mr. Crow posted:

please tell me you dont play bethesda games