Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Master_Odin posted:

Hm, maybe makes sense to insert as a new button to the page switcher, though not sure where exactly it makes sense to put it, or what the icon could be. Any suggestions or thoughts?

I'd say in with the page nav buttons, and:
» (fixing the alignment)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Saukkis posted:

Does SALR have a way to jump to the next unread post, the way URL parameter "goto=newpost" does?. Keyboard shortcut, button or something else.

This is already a feature. Configure SALR -> " Last post button reloads the current thread to check for new posts instead of scrolling to an unread post"

The description admittedly could use some work.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

astral posted:

This is already a feature. Configure SALR -> " Last post button reloads the current thread to check for new posts instead of scrolling to an unread post"

The description admittedly could use some work.

Oh yeah, that does work. Maybe "U" as keyboard shortcut for the function. Description does need work. How about "Reload thread and jump to first unread post".

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Whyyy is my reply window bigger than my browser window? I have to Ctrl minus minus minus and make everything tiny to get the full window. I like to browse at 120% zoom but I have to take it down to 90% to get the full window. This just started like a week ago and it's driving me bonkers, esp since I'm now a mod and have to post more (it started before I was made a mod so I don't think that's related). I don't think I downloaded any other extensions recently that would have interfered.

Please keep in mind that my computer skills only extend to "download firefox extension" and MAYBE "copy/paste code", thank you.

Window still big! Please help.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's to let those big words come right out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Window still big! Please help.

Do you have your system font set to large?
I do and have had this problem of windows being to big to fit on my screen going back many years.
Like the Baldurs Gate 3 launcher doesnt fit unless I switch my system font back to normal.
And other launchers from Larian because its just the same game reskinned.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Saukkis posted:

Oh yeah, that does work. Maybe "U" as keyboard shortcut for the function. Description does need work. How about "Reload thread and jump to first unread post".

"Last post button reloads the thread and goes to first unread post instead of scrolling to unread post on current thread page"? I'd like to keep the "instead of..." section just to give difference of behavior.

Adding a new keyboard shortcut to do this as well probably makes sense as well.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Could you go to https://codepen.io/chriscoyier/pen/mPgoYJ and press the left and right alt keys into the text area and let me know what the returned values are?

Went there and got 18 for both and now it's working as expected. I've chalked it up to Chrome OS weirdness.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Sorry if this is obvious but, I'm trying to filter the YOSPOS 219.css stylesheet bc I find it grating, but the last solution I saw posted seems to no longer work.

[edited out]

edit: I'm justifying this post being here since the last solution I found by forums search was in this thread, I believe. Sorry if its the wrong place.
edit2: double apologies for necro-ing this thread, kind of :smith:
edit3: Okay apparently it worked on some kind of delay... Triple apologies?

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 19, 2022

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
e: false alarm

qsvui fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 4, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The "open all updated threads" text link seems to disappear if you have a new private message

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It'd be pretty sweet if twitter links would show the tweet, similar to how the iOS Awful app works.

Perhaps there is a greasemonkey script or firefox plugin that already does this?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

That's already a forum feature, but your browser is probably blocking it with some tracking protection setting.

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:dance:

Turning off Enhanced Tracking Protection did the trick.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Minor issue, on Firefox the User CP "Open updated threads" link dies if you leave the tab for a while.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Minor issue, on Firefox the User CP "Open updated threads" link dies if you leave the tab for a while.

Guessing that's a caching or forward/back thing; hitting 'reload' ought to restore its functionality.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

astral posted:

Guessing that's a caching or forward/back thing; hitting 'reload' ought to restore its functionality.

The link retains its behavior as a link, just clicking it does nothing. But reloading fixes it, yeah. Like I said, a minor issue.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Stare-Out posted:

The link retains its behavior as a link, just clicking it does nothing. But reloading fixes it, yeah. Like I said, a minor issue.

I remember this didn't happen until relatively recently. Is this due to something in a Firefox update?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

qsvui posted:

I remember this didn't happen until relatively recently. Is this due to something in a Firefox update?

I'd say that's highly likely, yeah.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Where are things like User Notes saved locally?

And where are they Syncing to?

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
On Firefox, they're under stored as JSON in the browser's local storage for the extension with the key "userNotesLocal". I think they get synced to your Firefox account, but a dev would know better.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Yeah, qsvui has it right. If you are using synced user notes, then they're saved to the account logged into your browser (either firefox or chrome) using the storage.sync API and will show up on any device that's using that same logged in browser profile.

Notes stored locally are stored in window.localStorage and only available to you on that device + browser, and will not show up if you go to another device.

The difference was added because there were some people back in 2014 that wanted to have user notes per device. The average user will probably want to leave the user notes synced, and also not worry about those buttons.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

well also some of us don't use Firefox accounts

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

well also some of us don't use Firefox accounts

It basically works like local extension storage in that case.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is there a limited number of people you can add notes to? I can't seem to add any more.

edit: Going through the thread. Same problem as this, it seems.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Doesn't work for me either.

I can type in a user note and even set a colour in the popup box. But when I hit okay and then refresh the page there's no change. When I open up the note box again, everything I typed in is gone.

But, older notes I've made are still around.

EDIT: I wonder if there's a maximum number of notes you can add? I have a horrible memory for people, so it's always been my habit to make notes both online and off. I may well have maxed it out.

Editedit: Oh yeah you have a solution here, Astral. Trying it.

astral posted:

synced extension storage can only have 8,192 bytes per item. There is no such limitation for non-synced extension storage.

astral posted:

Under thread options:

Yep, working now. Thanks for joining me on this adventure.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Dec 8, 2022

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
While I'm bumping the thread, sometimes I can't add a note to someone, especially if the webpage has been open for more than 10 seconds. The "Ok" and "Delete" buttons just don't work at all. Is there a fix? Just refreshing as a workaround.

As a suggestion, it'd also be cool to have some color options available to click so I don't have to go search hex codes for anything other than red text red.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Zesty posted:

While I'm bumping the thread, sometimes I can't add a note to someone, especially if the webpage has been open for more than 10 seconds. The "Ok" and "Delete" buttons just don't work at all. Is there a fix? Just refreshing as a workaround.

That sounds related to something pointed out earlier:

astral posted:

I haven't heard of any solution besides refreshing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zesty posted:

As a suggestion, it'd also be cool to have some color options available to click so I don't have to go search hex codes for anything other than red text red.

I made a bookmark folder with the most common colours I use that I never remember off the top of my head. But it would be nice to have a little colour-wheel setup.

And, speaking of colours, is there a way to order threads according to the colour you've set their bookmark? Like, all the blue star threads at the top, then all the ones with a red star, etc.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Is there a "mark all bookmarks as read" button I'm missing somewhere?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I turned on the option to do Image Resizing (Restrict size of images to:...) and it seems to convert timg images to normal images while it does the resizing.

Is there some way to fix that?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

VictualSquid posted:

I turned on the option to do Image Resizing (Restrict size of images to:...) and it seems to convert timg images to normal images while it does the resizing.

Is there some way to fix that?
Astral changed how timg works on the forums proper and now the restrict img size thing in SALR is broken in some unexpected ways. I don't know of a fix.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I just noticed that when a subforum is locked but a thread in that subforum isn't, it looks as if the reply button is still shown.

It seems like a bug to me, but is it one that's easy to fix?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I just noticed that when a subforum is locked but a thread in that subforum isn't, it looks as if the reply button is still shown.

It seems like a bug to me, but is it one that's easy to fix?

Did you mean to post this in the technical issues thread instead?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

astral posted:

Did you mean to post this in the technical issues thread instead?
I was assuming it was a SALR issue, but is that not the case?

If so, it's sort-of already been brought up over there, I see.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Something that's been bugging me for a while with SALR is, when I load the User Control Panel, if I wait a little bit before clicking the "Open updated threads" button, the button just throws an error in the console and otherwise doesn't work. Don't know why it does that or how long I have to wait until it fails, but I attached what it spits out in the console.

It's not a huge deal, if I click the button and it doesn't work I just reload the page and it works. On github it says to report bugs here, should I still also report it on github? This is specifically in Firefox.

Edit: sorry the image is so huge!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
It looks like browsers automatically disconnect open ports to extensions after 5 minutes or so. SALR probably has to listen for a disconnection and re-open the port.

See:
https://github.com/GoogleChrome/developer.chrome.com/issues/504
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1146434

EDIT:

https://github.com/MasterOdin/salr-redux/blob/master/extension/js/background.js

Like, shouldn't there be a port.onDisconnect.addListener call that recreates the port?

Nalin fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 15, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Quick reply doesn't parse twitch clips as a video link and instead makes it a hyperlink

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Zesty posted:

This also happens to me almost every time i try to add or edit or delete a note. It seems to be related to having the page open longer than 5 - 10 seconds before I interact with the user note stuff. I dislike it. Is refreshing really the only solution?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The functionality of the BYOB Side Animals add-on should be added into SALR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

This also happens to me almost every time i try to add or edit or delete a note. It seems to be related to having the page open longer than 5 - 10 seconds before I interact with the user note stuff. I dislike it. Is refreshing really the only solution?

I open the single post in a new tab using the "1" button under the user's av, then quickly edit the note. But yeah, I'm also wondering if there's a fix since it's been this way for quite a while now.