Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Hi, I'm the one person in the whole wide world that wants new Ohranger/Zeo toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

Star Man posted:

Hi, I'm the one person in the whole wide world that wants new Ohranger/Zeo toys

Uhhhh no I'm here too and I want it ALL

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Splint Chesthair posted:

That’s what the American movie Megazord should have looked like.
The decision to do an entire movie that works in-continuity, then making it non-canon anyway and re-explaining all of the elements from it in different ways in the show just makes my head spin.

They sacrificed the recognizability of their toy, opting instead to use what the show was about to use next, for no benefit whatsoever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How much might that Flametoys thing go for, in a ballpark figure?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dawgstar posted:

How much might that Flametoys thing go for, in a ballpark figure?

So full specs- this is a combining action figure partially made with diecast metal, that will stand around 9.5 inches tall

$400, due out Summer of next year.

Which...that's steep, but no where near as bad as I was expecting. And it feels...kind of fair? At the very least it gives people enough time to save back some for it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
How many large dino megazords do we have now? OG 93, black & gold 93, Bandai 2010, 2013 re-release, black and gold 2013, SoC, Hasbro's cheaper one, the ZAP megazord, this flametoys one, and isn't there a furai model out there somewhere?

Also they also released (yet) another Tommy figure, the metallic white ranger. For some reason the head sculpt doesn't look like JDF at all. It looks like me. I don't need that personalized figure program anymore.

So yeah, I'm a power ranger now. gently caress yeah. Childhood dream accomplished.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Furai model is coming soon-ish. There's also some absurd super sized French metal model kit that's going to be two feet tall or something

Meanwhile ZAP Megazord is starting to release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmJrTwCpuw

Burkion fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 30, 2022

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That flame megazord is cool as hell, but $400 before shipping is way out of my price range.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Burkion posted:

So full specs- this is a combining action figure partially made with diecast metal, that will stand around 9.5 inches tall

$400, due out Summer of next year.

Which...that's steep, but no where near as bad as I was expecting. And it feels...kind of fair? At the very least it gives people enough time to save back some for it.

Well, dang. Guess I'm not getting one. It's such a cool design though!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/1561724231427162117

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Based on that and what I’ve heard elsewhere about the episodes already aired internationally it seems like they’re bringing Zedd back as a regular villain (now voiced by the guy who played Venjix in RPM & Beast Morphers), that could potentially be fun

I hope they do away with the weird filter he had over his voice in the Halloween episode though as he sounded a lot better in the redubbed MMPR clips from the same episode

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 25, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s another Season 2 clip, it seems they tweaked Zedd’s voice a bit and he sounds much better now:

https://twitter.com/RangerBoard/status/1562843611204489222

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, these shows are pretty good when the characters have actual personalities. "...it's a signature scent" was a good line read.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Martian_Ranger/status/1563677147415207936

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Continuity between costumes is back.

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1563768340174209024

Cosmic Fury's logo has got the dinosaur head from the current logo, so it's likely Kyuranger is being retooled as a Ryusoulger power up rather than as a Zeo style replacement.

It's also possible that the Kyu costumes are discarded entirely and it becomes a Thunder Megazord "T-Rex = Chinese Dragon" situation where we have Dinosaur Ranger Costumes call upon the power of space spheres.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 28, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Interesting, I’ll be curious to see how they handle this (especially since if this is indeed a Kyuranger adaption we’ve still got 6 more rangers to introduce)

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Bennet has already said they’re not too fond of large teams, which is why I proposed the season 2 MMPR thing where the rangers stay as they are but call upon a new series theme.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Bennet has already said they’re not too fond of large teams, which is why I proposed the season 2 MMPR thing where the rangers stay as they are but call upon a new series theme.

They could still bring in at least one new member from the Sentai like they did with Kibaranger in MMPR S2

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larryb posted:

Interesting, I’ll be curious to see how they handle this (especially since if this is indeed a Kyuranger adaption we’ve still got 6 more rangers to introduce)

Six more rangers to introduce...

Make
Solon
Tarrick
J-borg or Jane
Fern

You only need one more after that.

I don't think they would necessarily even convert that many characters to rangers, but you could certainly do a few of them.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Mostly I'm just worried about how the 'in suit personalities' will transfer over. Towa and Hammy are fairly similar, as are Asuna and Raptor, but Melto is very different from Garu, Bamba is nothing like Champ, Koh and Lucky are fairly different and while I can see how Canalo and Balance could be broadly similar there's some differences.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Making Izzy go from the cool "I don't need a skirt!" thing for the Ryusoul Green suit to a skirted suit again is kinda funny.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zedd posted:

Making Izzy go from the cool "I don't need a skirt!" thing for the Ryusoul Green suit to a skirted suit again is kinda funny.

Yeah, assuming they change the suits I’m curious how they’re going to handle that since all the Sentai footage shows ChameleonGreen wearing a skirt

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Hopefully they do switch over to the Kyuuranger suits and not keep using the Ryusoulger suits, doing that with the Zyuranger suits for MMPR season 2 was a necessary evil due to how unusable most of Dairanger's footage was(and they got lucky that the colors for that show's Zords were close enough to the Zyuranger set to be a relatively smooth transition), and made season 3 more complicated than it should have been

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm switching teams with the people who think this is probably Kiramager instead. I think suits like Kyuranger and Donbrothers are just a little too "out there" for Power Rangers.

What I'd really like to see is them beginning to merge suits from various shows like this. Don't want to do a full ToQger season? Do a ToQ/Lupin mashup and make your own drat story. Most of what the older audience especially misses from PR is original scenario writing that doesn't involve just polishing the Sentai script.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Six more rangers to introduce...

Make
Solon
Tarrick
J-borg or Jane
Fern

You only need one more after that.

Slyther obviously.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

Most of what the older audience especially misses from PR is original scenario writing that doesn't involve just polishing the Sentai script.

Yup. I'm excited for them trying something different. They have their creative juices flowing it seems.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Craptacular! posted:

I'm switching teams with the people who think this is probably Kiramager instead.
Which funny enough still has a skirted green. :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DoIng Kiramager would remove the need to bring on many new people at least (just change Black to Yellow and Gold to Silver). It doesn’t really have much to do with space but neither did Gingaman to be fair (Megaranger at least had a lot of space themed Zords and fought in space a couple times)

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

NinjaPete posted:

Slyther obviously.

God I would KILL to have Slyther continue to show up. He doesn't even have to be a Ranger, hell he doesn't even have to join the new villains! Just have him be a jerk that just pops up now and then to keep loving with the Rangers!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

serefin99 posted:

God I would KILL to have Slyther continue to show up. He doesn't even have to be a Ranger, hell he doesn't even have to join the new villains! Just have him be a jerk that just pops up now and then to keep loving with the Rangers!

Plus he survived Ryusoulger so hopefully his PR counterpart gets the same treatment (he’s one of the best characters in both shows after all)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've not been watching Dino Fury at all, but I've kept tabs on it because I still love the franchise, warts and everything else

This is some of the most exciting stuff I've heard in a long, long time. I love it when PR gets weird and original with what they do.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Dino Fury is good, you should watch it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Junpei posted:

Dino Fury is good, you should watch it.

Yeah, them keeping the cast is probably the best news this franchise has had in years.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JT Smiley posted:

Yeah, them keeping the cast is probably the best news this franchise has had in years.

They're fun, they're talented, they have chemistry. It's very good all around.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I am glad I'm gonna get more time with these guys but on the other hand I liked the yearly cast swapover to some extent, I liked having a new dynamic every year. I'm not fully against Cosmic Fury but I do still kinda hope that this is a one-off thing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei posted:

I am glad I'm gonna get more time with these guys but on the other hand I liked the yearly cast swapover to some extent, I liked having a new dynamic every year. I'm not fully against Cosmic Fury but I do still kinda hope that this is a one-off thing.

Well don't forget, we will still have the new older audience series coming for a new cast entirely

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Well don't forget, we will still have the new older audience series coming for a new cast entirely

Hadn't heard about that one, got a source?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm honestly surprised the cast swap tradition lasted as long as it did. It was probably an attempt originally to make sure that actors didn't get too much power, but then they relocated and it seemed like they rather quickly went through the most talented Aus/NZ actors willing to give them the time of day. They still occasionally find a good performer but it's not as often as they did in LA.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm honestly assuming they'll just do a full on color shuffle with everyone and then fill in the others with robo Rangers or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Hadn't heard about that one, got a source?

You have, we've talked about it in this thread before.

It's that one they're...I THINK? filming in canada? Some woman is in charge of it, she was tied to Supernatural and stuff. It's basically going to be an original setting for a mini series and a movie to go to Netflix, I believe the plan was. Hasbro has talked about it off and on.

It's where those dumb rumors came from, that PR was abandoning Sentai. It's also more or less confirmed to be MMPR based, but we'll see how it goes. We'll probably hear something soon.