Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

that's what happens when interviews are optimized for calculating how many pennies can fill the grand canyon instead of optimizing for communication and social skills

do they still do ball pits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSVpBqOsC7o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

..there's skeletons at the bottom aren't there?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

that's what happens when interviews are optimized for calculating how many pennies can fill the grand canyon instead of optimizing for communication and social skills

well? how many

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Lady Radia posted:

well? how many

it would occupy 6.9 x 1015in6, apparently

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
lol i like ur funny words magic man

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Lady Radia posted:

well? how many

a lot, probably

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

p much

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Beeftweeter posted:

it would occupy 6.9 x 1015in6, apparently

in6, you say

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

carry on then posted:

in6, you say

well technically i guess it was wolfram alpha

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

cjs: i hate working with vendors

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Moo Cowabunga posted:

just found out wife’s friend’s husband just unexpectedly died in his sleep. he was 43. loving crazy.

yeah i have a friend who had a massive stroke when he was like 27. several major arteries in his neck just fuckin' tore apart.

then the pigfucker doctors at the hospital refused to believe his wife and spent hours loving around because they thought he was just ODing on some drug or another.

he lived but he's so severely disabled that his student debt was discharged

eschaton posted:

if you choose to participate in the systemic evil that is televised “college sports” it’s only right that you suffer

if only the suffering was in proportion to the evil of the sport, conference, and institutions in question, particularly for people who obsess over Penn State football

if i was king of america i'm still not sure which way i'd go. on the one hand i'd be real tempted to ban money from college sports altogether; if students want to organize competitions they gotta figure it out themselves. no athletic scholarships, no paid coaches, no college land or money for big-rear end stadiums, no easy bullshit majors for star athletes, none of that.

but that might be hard to prevent some assholes from gaming the system, which is why i'd be tempted to go completely all the way in the other direction and just formalize it as a junior league with no limits on money whatsoever, but the players gotta get their cut.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
as Tyrant King of Earth i would simply ban all professional sport except of course for pro wrestling

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

cjs: systemd is definitely a lot nicer than managing init.d scripts for daemons/services

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

carry on then posted:

in6, you say

Gonna need to bring the whole jar of ultrahyperpennies

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1564316860396576772

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

leetcode is a plague

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Share Bear posted:

cjs: systemd is definitely a lot nicer than managing init.d scripts for daemons/services

:amen:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

but that might be hard to prevent some assholes from gaming the system, which is why i'd be tempted to go completely all the way in the other direction and just formalize it as a junior league with no limits on money whatsoever, but the players gotta get their cut.

honestly probably the better solution. make it equitable to the players rather than how it is now where the league basically owns everyone

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Share Bear posted:

but why would you use systemd when you can use s6? reeeeeeeee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

raus

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

he lived but he's so severely disabled that his student debt was discharged

lucky….

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

fart simpson posted:

cls: tried to make a gin and tonic and started out by pouring a bunch of vermouth in a glass. good start to the night

strong gin drinks always make me think of this

https://twitter.com/SenatorHume/status/1514530998499049473

she was a minister when she filmed this lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cls: dog woke us up by simultaneously yodeling, burping and farting several times in a row. it was actually oddly impressive for an 8 lb chihuahua

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cls: a former colleague who i havent spoken to since 2019 messaged me on FB with the following:

quote:

Hey Garbo, I am working at a software dev company and need some help with setting up some Azure access and security. we have a Azure tenant and need some info on how provide more secure access and lock down the production environment. Would you be interested in helping for a case of beer?

my immediate response was "lol, lmao gently caress off. pay someone you cheapskate." still surprised they tried it though lol.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

why did i get into stem rather than something actually useful

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

math is useful

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yes, and im not even good at math

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

arent you studying it?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Beeftweeter posted:

cls: dog woke us up by simultaneously yodeling, burping and farting several times in a row. it was actually oddly impressive for an 8 lb chihuahua

actual lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fart simpson posted:

arent you studying it?

this does not mean im good at it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hbag posted:

this does not mean im good at it

i believe in you

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

whats 3 x 3??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

stronglifts 3 x 3

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

go be a plumber, hbag.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

stronglifts 3 x 3
how do you lifts with boxing gloves on

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kenny Logins posted:

how do you lifts with boxing gloves on

it is harder to type with the gloves on i guess but heres a primer

https://wiki.haskell.org/Lifting

Mr. Nice!