Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
cjs: slow your loving roll other dev, of course poo poo's going to break when you make breaking changes to the data model we are using then push it all to deployment without checking anything, don't urgent ping me at loving 11pm about it and get pissy when no one is even looking for this to be complete yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

go be a plumber, hbag.
when i was a teenager working in a camera shop a very posh old lady customer told me I should consider being a plumber when i grow up because it’s an everything-proof career, because “people will always have to poo poo”

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the same reasoning held for night-soil men and yet do you see any fuckin night-soil men around

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

when i was a teenager working in a camera shop a very posh old lady customer told me I should consider being a plumber when i grow up because it’s an everything-proof career, because “people will always have to poo poo”

she didn't predict soylent, huh

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the same reasoning held for night-soil men and yet do you see any fuckin night-soil men around

your posts are a form of night-soil, if you think about it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jesus WEP posted:

she's right. good tradesmen will always have work.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i dont stay up late enough to know for sure

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

duh they all cross trained into Plumbers and septic tank technicians

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

i see soiled men at night sometimes :shrug:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

they're called sanitation workers you fuckin dork

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

this twink in my dms that im hooking up with said it's cool that i have a website and touch computers

hmmm

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

he posts in yospos too

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

:sever:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hbag posted:

this twink in my dms that im hooking up with said it's cool that i have a website and touch computers

hmmm

sounds like you have a new boyfriend. congrats.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hbag posted:

hmmm
not trying to be super critical but would it be problematic to just say "the person i'm dating said..."

you don't have to answer of course i'm just an old trying to understand the young

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yospos aka da twink zone :wink:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kenny your genx is showing again

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
kenny, i say this as a fellow Old - do not try to understand or parse anything that anybody under 40 says about interpersonal relationships. theyre doin a different thing than we did

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im under 40 and in a loving relationship with my spouse. parse thtat.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

age or bmi

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fart simpson posted:

i think we're what the kids call elder millennials and we dont really count

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

age or bmi

both!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i never used an app to date, but ive also been with the same person for like 12 years

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag doin some p norm poo poo idk about you weirdos and im 34

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it will be my 15 year anniversary with my girlfriend in a couple of months

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
jesus christ put a ring on it you fuckin lameass. that's a long time!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Our ten year wedding birthday is next year :kimchi:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

it will be my 15 year anniversary with my girlfriend in a couple of months

awww congrats :3:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

Our ten year wedding birthday is next year :kimchi:

also congrats :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

progress in ireland is not being already nagged to death by ur mam for not being married

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i never used an app to date, but ive also been with the same person for like 12 years

i've used okcupid and tinder, as an attractive guy i had a nice time on both

i wouldn't want to be a women on an app though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
late stage capitalism and zoomer relationship mores collided in this one really confusing way to me and now literally everybody has a partner instead of a gf/bf and i dont know if they're loving or just founded an LLC

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

p sure the meta is to assume nothing and just roll with it. ez

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

late stage capitalism and zoomer relationship mores collided in this one really confusing way to me and now literally everybody has a partner instead of a gf/bf and i dont know if they're loving or just founded an LLC

i think the C stands for consent?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

her parents are divorced, also one set of her grandparents. she has a less-than-romantic view of marriage as a concept

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Jonny 290 posted:

i used "partner" with my previous ex because neither of us valued the abstract idea of marriage that much but we had a serious committed relationship for many years

i've only been dating my current girlfriend for a few years so i still say "girlfriend" in this case

i'm not saying everyone should follow this pattern but i think it makes sense

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm in a cishet marriage and i use partner as a sort of lgbtq++ courtesy/solidarity thing, like listing pronouns

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kenny Logins posted:

not trying to be super critical but would it be problematic to just say "the person i'm dating said..."

you don't have to answer of course i'm just an old trying to understand the young

uhh i don't think we're dating we're just gonna meet up to gently caress each other

i mean id like to date him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

progress in ireland is not being already nagged to death by ur mam for not being married
yeah lol i still get this one a lot