Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it just feels so transactional to me. But i'm old and out of the game, so my opinion doesn't count for anything here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

jesus WEP posted:

her parents are divorced, also one set of her grandparents. she has a less-than-romantic view of marriage as a concept

tell her fart simpson said practically everyone he knows on both sides is divorced and he still managed it. that should clear things up i guess

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

you're common law at that point anyways - its all the same i think

we have a friend who doesn't want to get married but same thing, own a house, been together for a decade+

weddings are dumb anyways

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

common law marriage does not exist here

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

it just feels so transactional to me. But i'm old and out of the game, so my opinion doesn't count for anything here.

i'm also jealous

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the l;atest divorce in the fart simpson extended universe is my wife's cousin, who is going through it right now and taking the kids to a new city because she caught her husband visiting prostitutes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i'm also jealous

i have low self-esteem so i do really stupid poo poo when i start getting laid. i look forward to never loving again in my mortal life. It's for the young folks and the successful and yeah just let me play my games and pet my cat

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

jesus WEP posted:

common law marriage does not exist here

I really lucked out on this front

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

fart simpson posted:

the l;atest divorce in the fart simpson extended universe is my wife's cousin, who is going through it right now and taking the kids to a new city because she caught her husband visiting prostitutes

thinking about it my parents getting divorced is an outlier. on my mum's side of the family there's no one and on my dad's side it's full boomer so he has 5 sisters and 2 brothers. from that an unfortunate number died from cancer but the rest just went estranged. like i dont think they formally filed, they just separated and poo poo. perhaps things are diff in AU re divorce law and stuff idk.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

i have low self-esteem so i do really stupid poo poo when i start getting laid. i look forward to never loving again in my mortal life. It's for the young folks and the successful and yeah just let me play my games and pet my cat

post the cat tia

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also we're meeting up on the same weekend as 9/11 which we didn't realize until after we decided on a date

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pile Of Garbage posted:

post the cat tia

i actually took a pic of her like 20 mins ago. she's sleepin in her box on the end of the couch

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also using the jetbrains rider debugger makes me feel incredibly smart

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pile Of Garbage posted:

thinking about it my parents getting divorced is an outlier. on my mum's side of the family there's no one and on my dad's side it's full boomer so he has 5 sisters and 2 brothers. from that an unfortunate number died from cancer but the rest just went estranged. like i dont think they formally filed, they just separated and poo poo. perhaps things are diff in AU re divorce law and stuff idk.

my parents are divorced, and then my mom got remarried and divorced again, 4 out of 4 of moms siblings are divorced at least once, and 2 out of 3 of my dads siblings are divorced. ive got several high school and college friends my age who are divorced, and most of my friends growing up had divorced parents. my wifes parents are divorced, so are several of her aunts and uncles, a few of her friends too, and now her cousin.

we dont even know what a successful marriage looks like!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hbag posted:

also we're meeting up on the same weekend as 9/11 which we didn't realize until after we decided on a date

now youll never forget

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

getting laid was my own personal 9/11

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

yeah lol i still get this one a lot

when we had been dating for two years all my aunts and uncles were like SO WHEN YA GROWIN A PAIR LAD

mate I’m in uni and can’t afford rent what do you want??

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rider is a much nicer debugging experience than vs, especially if you need to step into unmanaged code

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my parents waited until right after i got engaged to get divorced. that was so nice!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

i actually took a pic of her like 20 mins ago. she's sleepin in her box on the end of the couch

so fluffy!!!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

jesus WEP posted:

rider is a much nicer debugging experience than vs, especially if you need to step into unmanaged code

i was having a bug that wasn't causing any log messages or anything so i just used a single breakpoint and immediately fixed it. incredibly based

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
p mid tbh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fr fr ong 💯😤😤

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

fart simpson posted:

my parents are divorced, and then my mom got remarried and divorced again, 4 out of 4 of moms siblings are divorced at least once, and 2 out of 3 of my dads siblings are divorced. ive got several high school and college friends my age who are divorced, and most of my friends growing up had divorced parents. my wifes parents are divorced, so are several of her aunts and uncles, a few of her friends too, and now her cousin.

we dont even know what a successful marriage looks like!

my experience was that when i was in year 7 of primary school (about to start high-school) my dad moved out of the house and me and my siblings would go to dad's place after school and on weekends, then one day i noticed the divorce papers my dad had pinned to the fridge and was like "oh lol so they are divorce." it was weird like not at all disruptive to myself or my siblings, just a weird period but also not a big deal? very different to how the media likes to make it look.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yall ever know anybody that got divorced and then remarried each other? my best friends parents did that across 20 years. so weird. just the absolute peak of "eh, it's a living"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ive never known anyone like that

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

yall ever know anybody that got divorced and then remarried each other? my best friends parents did that across 20 years. so weird. just the absolute peak of "eh, it's a living"

yeah that's extremely cooked

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeh9Fw3q3Iw

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ive been getting a lot more work done since i got a vertical monitor at work. coincidence??????

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

before i got married, my dad told me "dont worry about getting divorced. it sucks for a while but you figure it out and move on so you shouldnt let fears of that stop you"

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag posted:

ive been getting a lot more work done since i got a vertical monitor at work. coincidence??????

what app do you put in the vert monitor? if it's outlook then ugh :rolleyes:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hey i have this on wax :)

well, i did. When i moved from AR i gave my brother my crates. Digital is like 10000000% easier on the back.

Now i just collect kpop and MMORPG vinyl

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pile Of Garbage posted:

what app do you put in the vert monitor? if it's outlook then ugh :rolleyes:

rider

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

hey i have this on wax :)

well, i did. When i moved from AR i gave my brother my crates. Digital is like 10000000% easier on the back.

Now i just collect kpop and MMORPG vinyl

*adds jonny290 to movingshadow-crew on yospos.xlsx*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pile Of Garbage posted:

*adds jonny290 to movingshadow-crew on yospos.xlsx*

that floppy is one of the original sample disks from Dom & Roland's Sandgun, one of my favorite tracks off that LP. They ebayed a bunch of their old swag a few years back and my brother bought me that for my birthday

bonus elvira titty

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

holy poo poo!!!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

my paternal grandparents got divorced and remarried twice

though knowing my grandfather it was probably an emotionally abusive power move

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pile Of Garbage posted:

holy poo poo!!!

calm down it's just a boob

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

that floppy is one of the original sample disks from Dom & Roland's Sandgun, one of my favorite tracks off that LP. They ebayed a bunch of their old swag a few years back and my brother bought me that for my birthday

that's extremely cool how your bro bought that for you. i did a similar thing for my dad a while ago only i got him a copy of "Recycled" by Merzbow on cassette. every copy of that release is unique as Merzbow recorded it onto used cassettes! https://www.discogs.com/release/520014-Merzbow-Recycled

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

i dont stay up late enough to know for sure