Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Gonkish posted:

I saw an Ogre named "Chungus Ironhide" fighting Grimgor. Family squabbles.

There's a ogre clan by morathi and Mazda who's leader is straight up named "Chungus". Okoii wants to mod him into a legendary lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The Vermintide building and associated tech tree really needs a rework. It's a fun idea but wildly, wildly impractical and unlikely to happen. And Ikit can just do it better and nuke the city anyway.

Never seen it in the wild either.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Doomykins posted:

The Vermintide building and associated tech tree really needs a rework. It's a fun idea but wildly, wildly impractical and unlikely to happen. And Ikit can just do it better and nuke the city anyway.

Never seen it in the wild either.
In my limited Skaven experience the Vermintide building chain dares to ask: What if you put in a ton of resources and planning to get immediately wiped out by any defenders at all unless it's late enough in the game you have all the techs?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Found a mod that gives every faction the warband upgrade system and this might be my favorite thing ever.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Do you get to keep the Vermintide army after it takes the city? That's about the only way I could see it being worthwhile.

The cost-benefit just isn't there. A weak settlement isn't really worth spending 8 turns and a big chunk of gold on taking, and a strong settlement is a massive money pile if you just leech off its income instead.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
there should be an achievement for building the vermintide building in ubersreik :v:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The vermintide building is fun laaaaate in the game when you can make it pop on 10 settlements at the same time.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Lord Koth posted:

As funny as Ghorst is, that's something that needs a notable nerf ASAP. Like, after the initial amusement of it even playing him is boring because it's just SO (pardon the pun) braindead. You get a blob of zombies, stick a Mortus Engine and Corpse Cart (Unholy Lodestone) in the middle, and beat basically anything by just sitting there doing nothing. Even ignoring Ghorst's stack that's what all my armies are, and I have basically zero concern about any of them. Making zombies a viable choice is one thing; making it so a stack of super elite anti-infantry units, or massive AoE spells/effects, accomplishes effectively nothing against zombies is way, WAY too much.

It's actually bugged, so ideally they don't nerf it. Healing caps are doing something wrong with the math, so all those healing cap bonuses he applies to zombies are adding up to something like +25000% vs just +600%. They are functionally unkillable presently, the number for healing cap is so high its breaking the system. Fixing this will make it much less insane.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Incredible Loud Distant Roaring, Thunder Crashes, you can see Kholek's head over a mountain top.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Throt the Unclean is really fun now. Compared to ME, you now have a much greater variety of enemies to face and it's not hard to get on good terms with the various chaos factions to the north and get access to Chaos warriors for your frontlines.

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
Are mounts bugged or something? Where do you select/deselect them? Isabella von Carstein has two mounts unlocked she's supposed to be riding on, but instead she's trotting around everywhere on foot like her dipshit husband and I can't find a place to manually select a mount.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Syphilicious! posted:

Are mounts bugged or something? Where do you select/deselect them? Isabella von Carstein has two mounts unlocked she's supposed to be riding on, but instead she's trotting around everywhere on foot like her dipshit husband and I can't find a place to manually select a mount.

The equipment screen, near the bottom left. Could be bugged too though but that's where you select mounts.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Syphilicious! posted:

That's a bug specific to Isabella. In my game when Isabella got a mount, the event pop up said Vlad got one instead. Some script got the wrong target, or something. :shrug:

Normal vampire heroes do get their mount.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Dramicus posted:

Throt the Unclean is really fun now. Compared to ME, you now have a much greater variety of enemies to face and it's not hard to get on good terms with the various chaos factions to the north and get access to Chaos warriors for your frontlines.

its very fun to send ghoritch in with a commando team of chaos berserkers to remind him of the old times. ghoritch is so fun to watch just trash masses of infantry. i feel like they made throt smaller than he was meant to be so that ghoritch would stand out more as a giant ratty murder machine

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Skaven with chaos warriors sounds terrifying

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Modders are gonna have a fuckin' field day with this function, oh hell yes. Black Orcs and Ogres that grow in size as they gain rank? yes-yes, bestest greatest rat ogres!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Man i wanna get an eltharion start going and keep tor yvresse, but i just suck too bad to balance the economy and deal with foes in two theaters. Feels bad man

Tagaziel
Aug 28, 2022

Ce n'est pas un chat.

Doomykins posted:

By all means, I think all of us babble here because we like to help and want to be heard. It can be a hard game to get into, it took me ten hours of messing around and dying horribly to learn WH2 which was also my first Total War game and I insisted on doing it as Queek because I thought he was the coolest guy in the base vanilla roster.

Tooting my own horn but I'd be happy to write up some summaries of my strategies too. I've also been saving extra replays recently because this thread gets hit by "minor settlements are impossible my guys blob into the enemy and towers shoot me" every few days. When I get a clean even or disadvantaged win I save the replay and I've gotten quite a few this week because AR hates most of the Skaven roster.

I also wrote a nice bloated summary of Very Hard Campaign WH2 diplomacy strategy that could do with a touch up for WH3. It is largely the same ideas but your tools for executing it are a lot better with the diplomacy touchups.

Third World Reagan posted:

The warhammer wiki? Go nuts.

Thanks guys! At the rate this thread is going, I will probably have to scour it for a while, but if you're willing to write up some summaries and post them here/PM/send by carrier pigeon, then I'd happily take it from there and format them properly for wiki purposes (noting in the summaries the gracious donations of organs strategies).

(also, holy hell, the pace of replies here)

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
After getting bored playing Ghorst because of reasons everyone know by now I decided to give Tehenhauin a whirl.

The Sotek Prophecy is currently very buggy and you will get completions for things you are nowhere near completing - as far as I can tell the only ones you have to actually complete (I reloaded multiple times to see if I could get it to not happen) are for fighting battles and performing sacrifices. The first "Own the entirety of 2 provinces" completed on a turn end when I had only one province and the quest text said I had 24 of them...

Now you get a lot of dudes to sacrifice for "completing" the ones that seem to auto-complete so on turn 22 I'm like two maybe three battles from completing the entire thing.

It's still kind of challenging though, there are so many stacks of skaven and until you get the prophecy going a bit you have a hard time making friends with other lizardmen. Now Rakarth is breathing down my neck with a full stack of a bunch of monsters and Luthor Harkkon has his eyes set on me as well so it's a bit sticky and a LOT more fun and interesting than Ghorst.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Do the god specific champions of Chaos unlock the ability to recruit units outside of their specific god, or is that something restricted to the undivided LLs?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

First mod, I think, to add custom end-game scenarios

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 30, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I don't know if I'm just great now or if the economy has been rebalanced but I've just been completely overrunning the map with Greenskins. Just six or seven doomstacks rolling around with mid to upper tier orcs, 1k raiding camp income, and waaaaagh action for extra units.

I don't think I'll ever actually finish the map because I tend to get bored of the same units after long enough, especially when I'm auto-completing most battles, but gently caress it's quite the shift.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i like how CA has done slaanesh. like in the lore and prior GW stuff their role has been 'the sex criminal army' but CA has managed to balance them to where theyre more like sex rascals than sex criminals. like theyre up to no good and they like sex but they keep their poor conduct and sex separate

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

I don't know if I'm just great now or if the economy has been rebalanced but I've just been completely overrunning the map with Greenskins. Just six or seven doomstacks rolling around with mid to upper tier orcs, 1k raiding camp income, and waaaaagh action for extra units.

I don't think I'll ever actually finish the map because I tend to get bored of the same units after long enough, especially when I'm auto-completing most battles, but gently caress it's quite the shift.

Eh Idk my econ kinda sucked. what kind of army upkeep you have on average?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dandywalken posted:

Eh Idk my econ kinda sucked. what kind of army upkeep you have on average?

Usually just under 3k per stack, which is an army with half black orks and have bigguns, some night goblin archers, mid tier cav and an arty piece. When taking towns I'd let it build up to 4k per turn income and then build a new army. Most of the small towns I took over just got turned into money farms with a defensive building and then economic buildings, so at 3-500 a pop it adds up, plus the aforementioned raiding income adds up to quite a bit over time.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i like how CA has done slaanesh. like in the lore and prior GW stuff their role has been 'the sex criminal army' but CA has managed to balance them to where theyre more like sex rascals than sex criminals. like theyre up to no good and they like sex but they keep their poor conduct and sex separate

imagining a slaaneshi warband pausing after breaching the city walls to carefully ask consent from the townsfolk, holding seminars to open citizens' kink horizons, passing out contraceptives, really they left the place much nicer and hornier than it was before

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

it would be nice if they remembered that slaanesh covers art too. give us an evil painter who uses ingredients from people to make paintings that cause extreme emotions or some poo poo rather than just having the villain be either a sexually dominant woman or a man who eschews gender norms

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

(azazel voice) what if instead of TFW no demon GF.... TFW demon GF?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Vagabong posted:

Do the god specific champions of Chaos unlock the ability to recruit units outside of their specific god, or is that something restricted to the undivided LLs?

Monogod WoC can only recruit undivided or their specific god's units.

However, it's still possible to ally other chaos factions and get their units through allied recruitment.

The undivided lords (Archaon, Kholek, Belakor, and strangely enough Sigvald) can recruit all types and can also subjugate factions of all types.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Agean90 posted:

it would be nice if they remembered that slaanesh covers art too. give us an evil painter who uses ingredients from people to make paintings that cause extreme emotions or some poo poo rather than just having the villain be either a sexually dominant woman or a man who eschews gender norms

The Poop Painter rises

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

(azazel voice) what if instead of TFW no demon GF.... TFW demon GF?

Finally, a state-mandated GF platform that I can get behind.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fuligin posted:

imagining a slaaneshi warband pausing after breaching the city walls to carefully ask consent from the townsfolk, holding seminars to open citizens' kink horizons, passing out contraceptives, really they left the place much nicer and hornier than it was before

Half of the planet is convinced that having one horny thought will suck your soul into the realm of chaos like water going down a bathtub drain so slannesh breaking in and saying "wanna bang" would probably get the response of "FINALLY"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One wonders how the empire is still there if nobody can be horny.

Also by mass I suppose it's true in the sense skaven are probably not horny, only horned rat.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Also by mass I suppose it's true in the sense skaven are probably not horny, only horned rat.

They all do the puritan thing where they sleep with a wooden board separating them and a curt nod is considered dangerously flirtatious.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2833697505&searchtext=

Here the mod that ensures the AI levels up, no more lv5 enemy lords when you're lv40! This will make certain lords a terror so be ready--max level manfred is loving nuts.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

its my familial duty, and not something i enjoy

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

in fact i am going to whip myself 20 times having improper thoughts during this heinous act

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Dramicus posted:

They all do the puritan thing where they sleep with a wooden board separating them and a curt nod is considered dangerously flirtatious.

"Does that bared ankle not look positively saucy" asks Slannesh.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

OwlFancier posted:

Rhya is the horny goddess, and she predates Slaanesh.

Slaanesh is the god/dess of Getting Creepy About It, where "It" is a wildcard word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Slaanesh is the god/goddess of Excess, She/He Who Thirsts. It's not about horny, it's about all consuming obsession. What, specifically, your all consuming obsession and fixation is does not matter.