Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

please do not post Long Ronnie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Aug 31, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

:popclap:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
absolutely uncanny

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of uncanny, here's hell was full. low energy today.

awful.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

:popeye:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
RIP ZerglingMinor

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

hahaha

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
this is good

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Incredible

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I too think the story of Rapunzel would have been improved with spontaneous raptors. Also:

Genuine lol.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Graveyard Quest
Part 5.3

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Happy trans!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
DOOM 2016

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

This one took me a few seconds. Is this a famous thing about that album cover or is this guy some kinda genius?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

It was the 70s, man, everyone either had hair feathered like a birds nest or just giant helmets of hair

Except for Gerald Ford for some reason

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

The all is lost moment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0

You know, I'm slightly surprised Gurtak and his crew seem to be so nice. The standard move in this kind of working stiff perspective story is to make the usual high status main character types giant jerks.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I like how petty theft is an explicit perk.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

You can reboot Click Robot, but he is still mad at you.

Barre the B-chord on the top three

This is my happening and it freaks me out!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Are we supposed to know what the "obvious" thing about her dad is?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sold his firstborn for all the goodies? Probably!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I've had some people guess at Lydia's whole <thing> before today's comic. If you're not picking up on it don't worry, it'll be said explicitly at some point. I'm trying my best not to say too much in case people want to speculate, or someone wants to have a tiny Sherlock parlor moment. I'm not going to say one way or the other though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Boba Pearl posted:

If you're not picking up on it
I don't know if I am or not because I don't know what it is. :shrug:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Her dad made a deal with the fae swarm that he'd surrender his firstborn unto them, presumably.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

e-dt posted:

This is my happening and it freaks me out!

The Tenmen must sound so good playing out of that bathtub.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fommo
227-232

last time: serapis turned into a big red monster, ate adam, ate his animal-control power, and wandered towards the nephilim compound

eve is not a very good mother

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Alimbeg's Daughter gets a happy ending! Tomorrow I'll start posting the next story, another short one called Setanaya Goes Astray.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Shirdon is very "worst person you know just made a great point."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

x

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

This Comic Not Available in The Federal Republic of Germany

And now, this:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Spectral Wizard
Chap 1: 16-22 of 55

Spectral Wizard
Chap 1: 23-31 of 55

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Shirley

Shirley's getting anxious about the future.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bit of a logical leap there Shirley

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The comic about the girl who just really loves domestic servitude more than anything in the world, and would probably cry if you were to do something heartless such as implement child labor laws.

...it looks like a well made and thoughtful comic, but I don't think I can get past its core concept.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

The comic about the girl who just really loves domestic servitude more than anything in the world, and would probably cry if you were to do something heartless such as implement child labor laws.

...it looks like a well made and thoughtful comic, but I don't think I can get past its core concept.

I've got the impression that Shirley had a pretty rough childhood and kind of latched onto her employer as a sort of surrogate mother. I suspect there's a reason she hasn't taken any time off to visit her family, but actually exploring that would be a bit too grim for the tone of the comic. Certainly I can't imagine there's a lot of good options for a thirteen-year-old girl in the 1910's without anyone looking out for her.

It certainly is glamourising what was in reality a very exploitative kind of relationship, but I think this is just how it looks to have anglo culture exoticised by someone relatively far removed from it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: God tests the mask with his blood, and makes plans to murder Joost with the mask spikes! Joost arrives in London!

Read right to left:

It's time for one of my favorite games, "how many heads tall/wide?" The average person is typically taught as 7-8 heads tall, and 3 heads wide. Let's see how our boy Joost stacks up in this panel:

Height: at least 9 to 9.5 heads tall
Width: 5 heads of rippling muscle. Might even be as much as 5.5 or 6 since I was a bit generous with the ellipsoid select

By comparison, Olivier Richter aka the Dutch Giant is a mere 7 heads tall and about 3 1/3 heads wide:

But what if we gave him Jonathan's proportions?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Shirley was a homeless orphan when she got the job as Miss Bennett's maid. In the first chapter, she says that she's been without parents since birth, and while it's not explored any further, the qualified guess would be that her parents were poor, couldn't afford a child, and so left her at the doorstep of an orphanage or such when she was born. She implies she's got nowhere to live, and just mentions she has worked a little as a maid before.

So the way she's seeing it here is that having this job is directly tied to having a place to live and not having to worry about getting food, and Miss Bennett really seems to be the closest she's ever been to having any family. She naturally doesn't want to lose that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

But what if we gave him Jonathan's proportions?

Lmao