Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

elon had ANOTHER ONE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Big 2015 Scanwiches energy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

There has never been a male on this godforsaken earth whose appearance was improved by botox, and maybe five or six women tops.

there’s botox and then there is botox

good botox is unnoticeable because it just relaxes the muscles that causes creases so it just makes someone less wrinkly, and then let’s say you used it for ten years then stopped, you’d have effectively postponed that process for a decade

people I know are using it at 30 for prevention reasons. it’s crazy

aw frig aw dang it posted:

if you aren't moisturizing & using sun protection on the daily then start doing that before worrying about botox
god invented botox so we would be happy

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
you can also use botox to prevent migranes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah a woman came into work with loads of nerve pain drugs and I asked her about it and she was only 19 and had just gotten botox in the forehead for migraines

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

It's rad they can use it for that! Migraines suck so bad

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

if you aren't moisturizing & using sun protection on the daily then start doing that before worrying about botox

this is good advice. also don't smoke, that wrecks your skin.

mostly though it's luck.

Jonny 290 posted:

elon had ANOTHER ONE?

lmao Jonny

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

It's rad they can use it for that! Migraines suck so bad

it doesn't work for all of them iirc but yeah, I get migraines occasionally and you read about people that get like one a day and honestly I would rather die

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this is good advice. also don't smoke, that wrecks your skin.

I have naturally oily (greasy) skin and also
not baldness can recommend for the new girl at work from argentina for thinking I was 36 not 41 :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
she speaks spanish and her name is patricia but is said like paad-riesh-she-ia or something I butcher it every time

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

echinopsis posted:

anyone here ever gotten botox

we talking about it at work. never before considered it but maybe for crows eyes

friend of mine is a dermatologist and when she was in school they would practice giving botox to each other

our favorite "bored as gently caress" past time was asking her to scowl, which she literally could not do after getting an injection.

thats my botox story thanks for listening

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

elon had ANOTHER ONE?

lmfao

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I once went on a stag do with a bunch of surgeons (never do this) and one turned up late because "I've spent the day botoxing MILFs!", he made a lot of money doing it but good god was he a terrible person

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

botox is like any costmetic procedure, there's plenty of it out there that's good enough that you don't notice it. when you do notice it, though, it pretty quickly crosses the line into grotesquerie

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

and either way falls pretty clearly in the category of "not really any of my business what people want to look like"

got to stay focused on the big issues, like how they use computers.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

he made a lot of money doing it but good god was he a terrible person

i don't think this sentence really needs the "but"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

I once went on a stag do with a bunch of surgeons (never do this) and one turned up late because "I've spent the day botoxing MILFs!", he made a lot of money doing it but good god was he a terrible person
those same milfs would go on to embrace """cleanse""" diets to eliminate """toxins"""

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

those same milfs would go on to embrace """cleanse""" diets to eliminate """toxins"""

Essential Oils

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

this was extremely me

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

first time at a phish concert, huh?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Truman Peyote posted:

botox is like any costmetic procedure, there's plenty of it out there that's good enough that you don't notice it. when you do notice it, though, it pretty quickly crosses the line into grotesquerie

yep!

my wife is a derm and is a director on the side at a cosmetic company. some people just go way too far and they have to be like, you can't get any more of this poo poo in you. she gets some botox in her forehead a few times a year and i question why as she doesn't need it but its her body, she can do what she wants

another friend opened up her own clinic and gently caress, they get PAID - tons of work though. people are crazy for all this poo poo.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

did you know you can get your armpits botoxed and then you don't sweat from them?

problem is you just sweat from everywhere else a bit more!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also, i'm pretty sure you will die if you don't sweat

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

wait so can people who get botox on their face not sweat there either?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Eeyo posted:

wait so can people who get botox on their face not sweat there either?

hello fellow face sweater

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

do.. do people actually botox their armpits??

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I botoxed everything and now I'm six inches shorter

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

haveblue posted:

I botoxed everything and now I'm six inches shorter

got an innie, now?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

dioxazine posted:

I don't think for like, fun, but it can be done...

quote:

Botox works by temporarily blocking the chemicals that signal it's time for your glands to produce sweat. It doesn't affect touch or sensation in the underarm area. You only need one office visit to complete Botox treatment for underarm sweating. The procedure typically involves 25 injections in each armpit.

:stonk:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

dioxazine posted:

every single part of the human body has been botoxed by someone somewhere

i guarantee someone has also botoxed their dog

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

searching the grocery aisles for bulging cans so I can botox my entire body at once

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
botoxing my balls to keep them alluringly smooth and wrinkle-free

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

botoxing my balls to keep them alluringly smooth and wrinkle-free

yeah we all remember that chappelle bit

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

txt me

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
some places are still practicing traditional computer medicine

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

it doesn't work for all of them iirc but yeah, I get migraines occasionally and you read about people that get like one a day and honestly I would rather die

my niece gets them a few times a week and basically just has to lay in a dark room for a while and then get up occasionally to barf. she's on some meds that help but she's apparently still too young to try the botox injections.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
chill cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

I once went on a stag do with a bunch of surgeons (never do this)

it bears repeating: never party with surgeons

never party with surgeons