Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

indigi posted:

yeah how dare fat people want shirts

perfectly fine idea for a product it's just that there has never been a more perfect melding between podcast content and advertiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

R. Guyovich posted:

perfectly fine idea for a product it's just that there has never been a more perfect melding between podcast content and advertiser

Nick is exactly how (and how harshly) XXM dudes should judge ourselves. "He's bulging with what could be muscle", he's been fat as poo poo but sometimes achieves thin-enough-to-fit-in for a while, and he complains exactly that way about not fatass-outting on the gym. Never canceling the membership (because you'll get into it next month for sure) but you just stop going. Maybe you'll put on the shorts and deep-stretch or exercycle while gaming, never really breaking a sweat

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

If Elvish Presley rang Mitch’s doorbell then beat him to death on camera Wiger would say “oh no buddy!” then keep talking for half an hour to finish the episode

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Months behind on the show but I was listening to the Popeyes/Bug Mane episode and I swear the Stephen A. Smith meme played out beat for beat when Mitch was talking about his order.

"Anyhow, they didn't give me the sauces I asked for. It was a sauce debacle."
"Mmm-hm."
"And, y'know, it happens. It's fine."
"Sure."
"BUT!"

Also he ordered two 8 piece nugget combos because he "wanted sides."

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

JethroMcB posted:

Months behind on the show but I was listening to the Popeyes/Bug Mane episode and I swear the Stephen A. Smith meme played out beat for beat when Mitch was talking about his order.

"Anyhow, they didn't give me the sauces I asked for. It was a sauce debacle."
"Mmm-hm."
"And, y'know, it happens. It's fine."
"Sure."
"BUT!"

Also he ordered two 8 piece nugget combos because he "wanted sides."

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Same shirt

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Bit of unfortunate timing for Mitch’s “Big Buzz Energy” from the new episode:

https://ew.com/celebrity/home-alone-devin-ratray-under-investigation-alleged-rape/

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I want to acknowledge Marisa Pinson’s “nerd ropes” joke on the Kopps episode

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Mitch looks ways better than that guy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Consummate Professional posted:

Mitch looks ways better than that guy

that's cause he has a full beard and wears a hat

e:

give him a Pats hat and shine a maglite in his face, they're brothers

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 25, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's genuinely weird that doughboys fans camp out the restaurant they're reviewing the day of the show. leave them alone, you're gonna awkwardly meet them afterward

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

indigi posted:

it's genuinely weird that doughboys fans camp out the restaurant they're reviewing the day of the show. leave them alone, you're gonna awkwardly meet them afterward

Lol this mirrors my life show experience

Wiger said he liked my jacket

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's not anybody's fault that it's awkward, it has to be. you're meeting someone you know a bunch of specific, personally intimate details about and feel affection and familiarity toward, but to them you're a (probably-drunk) stranger, and then there are also 50 people who are strangers to both of you waiting in line, hoping that you specifically will hurry your moment of human connection along and leave so they can get their selfie

it's not great. but that's what we get. and it's not a reason to hunt them down before the show.

indigi fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 26, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I can’t meet the ‘boys because I don’t have a girlfriend to act as an intermediary.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I saw The Birthday Boys in a mexican place before a show of theres like 8 years ago and I awkwardly walked over to Kilpakis and said he did the Greek-American community proud and he was really weirded out and it haunts me to this day.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao well that's a very weird thing to say in possibly the weirdest venue to say it

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

indigi posted:

lmao well that's a very weird thing to say in possibly the weirdest venue to say it

Lol I'm very Greek, I introduced myself as Manoli. Thought it would be a fun connection. Was obviously horribly mistaken.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

ManoliIsFat posted:

Lol I'm very Greek, I introduced myself as Manoli. Thought it would be a fun connection. Was obviously horribly mistaken.

Maybe, next time, don’t offer a stranger a hand full of your pocket spanakopita.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I think you would have been better off saying “Wow you’ve got a big chin”

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

I think you would have been better off saying “Wow you’ve got a big chin”

or "wow your comedian friends are right, Statistically Average Man"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I just want you all to know that I appreciate you for being good talkers.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

god that show was so good. shame it didn 't keep going, but i guess netflix sucks poo poo?

the one where they meet the skeleton in the cave... i still think about that. and september santa. and wrong star wars.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

god that show was so good. shame it didn 't keep going, but i guess netflix sucks poo poo?

the one where they meet the skeleton in the cave... i still think about that. and september santa. and wrong star wars.

It was an IFC show when they briefly went in on indie comedy really hard.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I realized last week that it's been 7 1/2 years since the Goldhoff and Steinstein sketch, which means they're half way to marrying each other if they're both still single.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

I realized last week that it's been 7 1/2 years since the Goldhoff and Steinstein sketch, which means they're half way to marrying each other if they're both still single.

Those songs they sing are so beautiful.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It was an IFC show when they briefly went in on indie comedy really hard.

Oh yeah I forgot. Rip IFC, thanks for making comedy bang bang too.

Here’s a good sketch
https://youtu.be/F7DCntRB3pA

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://vimeo.com/120210464

"Yep. I made enough money to get my lovely wife back...Not to mention, my lovely kid."

(Dutton has uploaded a ton of Birthday Boy sketches to his Vimeo if you don't want to spring for AMC+. Dutton's so cool.)

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXjTqrpOEwI

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Looks like Get Played is coming to Doughboys tomorrow to review Nintendo-themed ice cream at Cold Stone:

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1565006500724183040?s=20&t=1WXiJU9tz_sCWrcXblvamQ

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

"Yep. I made enough money to get my lovely wife back...Not to mention, my lovely kid."

(Dutton has uploaded a ton of Birthday Boy sketches to his Vimeo if you don't want to spring for AMC+. Dutton's so cool.)

He's so cool.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Binowru posted:

Looks like Get Played is coming to Doughboys tomorrow to review Nintendo-themed ice cream at Cold Stone:

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1565006500724183040?s=20&t=1WXiJU9tz_sCWrcXblvamQ

those Mario and AC ones look like poo poo

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

“If I made one person smile, than that’s just as important”

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

indigi posted:

All three of those look like something I'd be okay having a bite or two of after my kids ordered it. We really only need, the human race I mean, like, 10 flavors of ice cream. That's a lot of flavors, and it would be enough to have a little something for everyone.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

indigi posted:

See, the Kirby one struck me as the oddball. Strawberries...and caramel?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

JethroMcB posted:

The Birthday Boys show up on the IFC channel on Pluto tv fairly often as well.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

God, it truly was the best sketch of the last decade.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

God, it truly was the best sketch of the last decade.

Love the handwaving over the grandson-brothers of the grandfather-brothers

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Oh my shoooooooooooe

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
A Simple Glass of Milk is a perfect sketch. https://vimeo.com/189041644

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004