Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
guy who attends meeting irl and forgets what a huge pain in the rear end conference room A/V stuff is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
guy whose face gets redder every time you look at his little zoom square

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
guy who hasn’t worked at the company for over a year but he owns the calendar invite and no one has gotten around to changing it

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
guy who is on PTO but forgot to cancel the meeting so everybody showed up and sat in awkward silence

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
guy who asks question that shows he clearly didn’t listen for the past 20 minutes (it’s me)

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Kernel Sanders posted:

guy who asks question that shows he clearly didn’t listen for the past 20 minutes (it’s me)

Guy not noticing because he also wasn't listening

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Guy who keeps chatting in the meeting chat room past the meeting end so everyone keeps getting teams notifications

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Armitag3 posted:

Guy who keeps chatting in the meeting chat room past the meeting end so everyone keeps getting teams notifications

Guy who accidentally joins the meeting 1 hour early, which pops up that notification toast to all the other attendees, first guy realises the mistake and leaves but the toast causes someone else to join in case they were wrong about the time, which starts the meeting, which pops up another notification, which...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lady with mic and camera off face down in the couch in a lovely funk because for whatever loving reason not taking adderall for one day makes her depressed and brainless

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

guy who hasn't gone to work in months

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

guy who hasn't gone to work in months

true story. been at my current job about three months. they assigned me a private office in a building about two miles away from home with a bus line that basically takes me door to door. i'm told the office is nice, but i've yet to go on campus to actually use it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
Guy running a 25 person recurring meeting who insists on everyone introducing themselves when someone new joins the meeting

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

nudgenudgetilt posted:

true story. been at my current job about three months. they assigned me a private office in a building about two miles away from home with a bus line that basically takes me door to door. i'm told the office is nice, but i've yet to go on campus to actually use it.

ngl if i had a private office i'd work a lot more in the office

on topic: guy who, 20mins in, is audibly surprised that i'm attending this weekly, regular meeting for a project he assigned me lead to months ago and i've never missed a meeting for and also i've been here the whole meeting time and he's made at least two other comments in this meeting that mentioned everyone except for me 🤗 it's my manager!

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
guy whose speech is permanently set at maximum verbosity

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

new guy with only shallow understanding of the system and organization making extremely pointed suggestions

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

guy eating his own boogers on camera

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

my homie dhall posted:

guy whose speech is permanently set at maximum verbosity

i worked with a guy like this and in retrospect he was just super enthusiastic and competent and tbh really nice and i miss him

though there are absolutely the Opposite kinds of verbose people

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
person who makes borderline rude comments but you're not sure if maybe they just don't know how to be gentle with people and how maybe you should because nobody likes work so why make it less pleasant

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

psiox posted:

i worked with a guy like this and in retrospect he was just super enthusiastic and competent and tbh really nice and i miss him

though there are absolutely the Opposite kinds of verbose people

my guy too, he’s great. sometimes i wish i had a skip cutscene button though lol

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

my homie dhall posted:

sometimes i wish i had a skip cutscene button though lol

lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my homie dhall posted:

don’t doxx me plz

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the last talker I worked with was an ok dev but good lord we eventually all just learned to tell him to stop talking lol

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

my homie dhall posted:

we already covered him

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

guy who asks for simpler-than-necessary things to be explained in depth because "not everybody might have understood them"

except that everyone did, and everyone would, if they were listening, which everyone else was doing except for this guy guy

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

peep who launches into long ramble using a bunch of acronyms and doesn’t explain what any of them are so 50-80% of the meeting doesn’t know what tf is going on

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

peep who didn't think the meeting would be a good use of his time so he declined and didn't show up

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

peep who didn't think the meeting would be a good use of his time so he declined and didn't show up

peep who was right

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

qirex posted:

guy who still uses his laptop's built in mic 2 years into remote work

hi

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

qirex posted:

guy who still uses his laptop's built in mic 2 years into remote work

if they don't want me to use it why would they include it

(i honestly have no idea how i sound on my timbook pro, is it like poo poo?)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

my homie dhall posted:

peep who was right

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

my homie dhall posted:

peep who was right

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

my homie dhall posted:

peep who was right

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
participant who is clearly a dog

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

theres no rule that says a dog can’t be on a zoom

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

theres no rule that says a dog can’t be on a zoom

I liked the early pandemic rule that if a pet made an appearance the meeting was immediately halted and the owner had to introduce them on camera

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

I liked the early pandemic rule that if a pet made an appearance the meeting was immediately halted and the owner had to introduce them on camera

that's correct

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

this is still enforced in all my meetings

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

qirex posted:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
guy who utilizes all the features provided by the zoom screen share during a long Friday night deployment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who reply all's a meeting invite with 153 people