Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://gurglinggore.bandcamp.com/track/serrated-tesselation

new perilaxe occlusion track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

27 years and a bunch of bands later, Symbolic is still the best death metal album

ulvir fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 28, 2022

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Scott from Neurosis admitted to abusing his wife snd kids and said he's retiring from music

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Scott from Neurosis admitted to abusing his wife snd kids and said he's retiring from music

Holy poo poo

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

better to leave voluntarily than deny and be exposed I guess

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

El Gallinero Gros posted:

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1563689035708645386?t=S7liX0zfSkq8M46trSTBhA&s=19

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

what the gently caress

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

ThePopeOfFun posted:

better to leave voluntarily than deny and be exposed I guess

Sounds like he had been denying and blocking this for years.

Neurosis were already done and I'm glad I got to see them when Josh Graham was still doing visuals for them.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Nazzadan posted:

Friday release day post day

Dynazty on non-BC, trad
Becoming the Archetype on non-BC, melodeath
Brymir, melodeath
Lustre, atmoblack
Tad Morose on non-BC, pm
Iron Savior on non-BC, pm
Anatomia / Morbific split, dm
Armnatt, bm
Sigh, avant-garde bm
Machine Head on non-BC, groove
Grave Digger, pm
Dreadnought, progressive doom
Hexis, post-hardcore, bm
Hierophant, blackened death
Desolation Angels, trad
Solemnity, brutal death
Consumption, dm
Might on non-BC, doom
Cathartic, dm
Northmoon, bm
Thousand Arrows on non-BC, thrash
First Martyr, bm
Old Tomb, doom
Harlequin, dm

:cheers:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’ve never heard a neurosis song in my life, rest in piss

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Bolt thrower: stop supporting abusive bands

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

He did the same thing in 2017.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Kvlt! posted:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Knew this current situation felt familiar.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
hey at least he tagger her in it

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

hey at least he tagger her in it

Yeah, weird choice there

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

that sucks rear end. Steve von till was always the better of the two anyway

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Irist has a new song, and upcoming EP: https://iristband.bandcamp.com/album/gloria

They were a band that didn't get a lot of attention after they released their debut (which is also on their Bandcamp and it's really good) right before the pandemic hit, and then everyone forgot about everything else that existed. Lots of Gojira vibes in their sound.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Kvlt! posted:

so weird when people arbitrarily capitalize words. writing it out like Mental Illness and Family just makes it seem like you're trying to sound more sophisticated than you actually are and failing at it, so you just sound even less sincere.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Worth mentioning: Bandcamp Friday is coming back for the rest of the year after a few months of nothing, if you're looking to ensure your riff-emitter of choice gets a couple extra pennies.

September 2nd (This week!)
October 7th
November 4th
December 2nd

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fun stuff from Exhumed next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRrxy8sYojo

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Cursed thought: Weezer's "Buddy Holly" is a major key track off of Katatonia's Discouraged Ones album, down to the vocal production

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Riffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnQwx6I6cc4

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I like it.

Just saw they are coming to Detroit in November. I think Im gonna go.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

drat, great riffs and only 21 views. Nice find!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
local riffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lbs2KF4tLg

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Video is goofy as hell and the track itself rocks!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Malaria posted:

I like it.

Just saw they are coming to Detroit in November. I think Im gonna go.

with molder!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The new Blind Guardian album, God Machine, is very good. Just popping in to say that.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

The new Blind Guardian album, God Machine, is very good. Just popping in to say that.

Where are you listening? Not out on Bandcamp yet.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Where are you listening? Not out on Bandcamp yet.

It leaked one day early.

(don't worry, BG are on my top 3 list, I will buy the album as always).

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I'm sure people have been saying it but the new Sigh album is very cool indeed.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

It leaked one day early.

(don't worry, BG are on my top 3 list, I will buy the album as always).

ohhhhh duh.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Beyond the Red Mirror did nothing for me, but I'm excited for this new BG because three of the four singles have been straight up bangers.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hello metal friends would you be interested in a yahoo fantasy football NO METAL DISCUSSION league if I make it?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Nordick posted:

Beyond the Red Mirror did nothing for me, but I'm excited for this new BG because three of the four singles have been straight up bangers.

For me I also liked three of the four songs, but after a while I started to appreciate the 4th one (American Gods) . It's a bit repetitive for my tastes on the first half, but it has some beautiful parts on the second part.

Beyond the Red MIrror was a funny album for me. I love A Night at the Opera and At the Edge of Time, so one would bet that I also would like Red Mirror. But... for me it's so unmemorable. I listened it so many times, and I could never get to stick the songs in my head, they are so little distinctive, lacking uniqueness. They would flow like water and not remain.

At least it wasn't a 'bad' album, like A Twist of the Myth (imo the worst one from their 'modern' era).

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 1, 2022

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Turin Turambar posted:

At least it wasn't a 'bad' album, like A Twist of the Myth (imo the worst one from their 'modern' era).
I was gathering up some old shirts I never wear to donate and found a 2006 tour shirt with that artwork. I don't think I've listened to that album since then. Oh well, maybe someone else will enjoy it and discover BG's other good stuff!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hello metal friends would you be interested in a yahoo fantasy football NO METAL DISCUSSION league if I make it?
I'm already gonna be in 3 leagues, one of which actually needs spots filled if you want in here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4011264

Varg fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 1, 2022

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Turin Turambar posted:

But... for me it's so unmemorable. I listened it so many times, and I could never get to stick the songs in my head, they are so little distinctive, lacking uniqueness. They would flow like water and not remain.

This is exactly how it was for me too. I found it enjoyable enough enough while it was playing and it indisputably sounded like Blind Guardian, but it just left no trace of its passing, had absolutely no hooks. The way I've described it is "a homogenated Blind Guardian slurry".

Anyways, the new album is available on Spotify for me now, so :getin:

EDIT: I cannot possibly overstate how much I will never, ever get bored of this band's weird wailing guitar sound.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 2, 2022

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

A Twist In The Myth is great and i will fight people

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

New Dying Fetus song drops at Midnight, apparently. New album soon.

They put out some tour dates with Knocked Loose(Would be a loving awesome show), and of course, no loving Detroit/Michigan dates.

They probably hate Michigan, I saw them last time they were here in Grand Rapids and like ~200 people showed up to the show. They moved it to the super small room at the Intersection in GR. It was a loving banger though, Terror opened for them.

What blew me away the most though is that John Gallagher has hair now. WTF. He had a hat on, but long hair down to his shoulders. Im assuming its a skullet and that rules.

This is probably my most anticipated release of the year. I love them so much.

I'm going! If you go, ill buy ya beer.

edit: New song is good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VpZzf7ib3U
Production is similar to their last album. I like it so far though.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i’m seeing dying fetus in a couple of days and super excited. that new single is great too