Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, the premiere was fine. Karen has been coming too hard for Gizelle lately. Yeah, Gizelle is definitely shady, but its always clear that she's read the assignment. Karen is going for low blows, but refuses to let any of her real troubles be part of the show. The issue with Karen is that because of her status as the "Grand Dame" (not a real title), she expects everyone to just accept everything she says at face value without question. But she is a terrible liar, and lies about absurd and ridiculous things, it's easy to see right through her. The season preview shows her finding Ray getting sexts from another woman, but its so obviously staged, those kinds of things just don't pop up while filming. How long is Ray going to let Karen humiliate him the way she does?

Yeah, she seems very different the rest of the cast, and I don't buy for a second that she and Karen are friends. The things she's about, she's always hated Ashley for being 10% of those things. I think she's just trying to make sure she has an ally for this season, since she's been increasingly put on the opposite side of the rest of the cast with every conflict in the show. She hates Gizelle, and Gizelle is really the only real ally she's ever had.

Edit: Candiace was tolerable. I don't expect that to last.

Edit 2: Also, I may have seen Michael Darby in line for Trade (gay bar) here in DC on Saturday night. At the time I was positive it was him, but I was a few drinks in. It sure looked like him, but he could have been any bald white guy.
Yeah I think we all know that many of Housewives are putting on a show for us in their scenes but Karen's fakeness is really wearing thin for me, and I think you put your finger on it: it's not just that everything she says is a lie, it's that she is a horrible liar AND she always seems absolutely confident that she's pulling it off. It's very cringey.

It kind of makes me think about the Potomac OGs and to what extent they have changed. Karen seems like she's reallllllly bought into her own bullshit to the point where she's sort of losing sight of what made her good on the show in the first place. Gizelle is still as messy and shady as ever, and it feels like she has an excellent grip on the boundaries between show drama and off-air drama and what she needs to do to keep the show entertaining. Ashley has mellowed out a tiny bit but she too seem like she has a very clear understanding of her role and intentions on the show (collect a lot of evidence of Michael's wrongdoing, lol). I think Gizelle and Ashley can be Potomac Housewives as long as they'd like, but Karen feels like she'll go the Jill Zarin route and get herself fired for a 3am profanity-laden email to Andy.

also I rushed through season 5 last week to catch up in time for the s6 premiere, and I have to admit I somewhat surprisingly found myself on Team Candiace? Idk, I think I'm a real sucker for housewives 'showing growth' and Candiace actually seems to have learned to strike a nicer balance between being messy and being a real human friend to the other ladies. And frankly, at this point, I have to respect her hustle because she keeps being in positions where the whole cast seems to hate her, and then she somehow salvages the situation by picking even more fights! That's a great Housewife! I'm lowkey counting on her to be the one to bring down Karen, after the way she 'both sides'ed the Monique incident.

Nihonniboku posted:

RHONY continues to be a snoozefest this season. Rumor is a cast shakeup is in the works, including Ramona finally getting the boot. Apparently she is refusing to attend the reunion which films in a few weeks because she knows she's going to get ripped to shreds.
Speaking of Housewives showing growth- or not! Tbf I haven't watched RHONY for the past few seasons (I tuned in for this one but haven't seen anything after s3) but she's definitely been awful this season- disengaging and walking away whenever there's drama isn't compelling television. Luann has sleep-walked through the season too, there's definitely a need for a big refresh.

And of course the rumors are flying about Bethenny and/or Jill returning. I've previously defended Leah but I can't say I wouldn't enjoy watching Bethenny take her down a peg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

And of course the rumors are flying about Bethenny and/or Jill returning. I've previously defended Leah but I can't say I wouldn't enjoy watching Bethenny take her down a peg

Jill is never going to come back to the show full time. Andy still has it out for her after that stunt she pulled. Plus she's just been too desperate.

I'm curious if Bethenny would return now that her other endeavors have failed. On one hand, we need someone like Bethenny who can call out the other ladies' bullshit and put them in their place. She is the only person who has ever managed to shut up Luann, Ramona, and Sonja. Without her, they generally just become the worst versions of themselves.

On the other hand, with the rumors that Ramona and Luann are getting the boot from the show, do we need Bethenny back? What would her narrative be? I say this as a fan of hers, I'm not sure what she would bring to the show anymore.

QUEER FRASIER posted:

also I rushed through season 5 last week to catch up in time for the s6 premiere, and I have to admit I somewhat surprisingly found myself on Team Candiace? Idk, I think I'm a real sucker for housewives 'showing growth' and Candiace actually seems to have learned to strike a nicer balance between being messy and being a real human friend to the other ladies. And frankly, at this point, I have to respect her hustle because she keeps being in positions where the whole cast seems to hate her, and then she somehow salvages the situation by picking even more fights! That's a great Housewife! I'm lowkey counting on her to be the one to bring down Karen, after the way she 'both sides'ed the Monique incident.

I'm not sure how Candiace has shown any growth whatsoever, in fact based on her social media, she seems to have been emboldened by her time on the show and consistently says pretty reprehensible things, often homophobic. I was never on team Monique or team Candiace, because really, I never cared for either one. Monique was absolutely wrong, but to Candiace, the way she comes after people, she's bound to get that kind of reaction eventually.

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
It's me, the person way behind and who has no idea what you are all on about half the time haha.

Just finished season four of RHBH, actually weirdly warmed a bit to Carlton at the end but probably because I'm (currently!) a die hard LVP girl. Also warmed a LOT to Brandi who I HATED to begin with. I'm sure my opinion will change a lot next season, I don't even know who is in it, going in completely fresh.

Was nice to see a tiny bit of Taylor this season too. Tiny tiny.

I got into this show because my 11 Yr relationship ended and I needed something fun, light and dumb to enjoy. I also really, really needed to see women older than me coming out of relationships and knowing there's hope. Really dumb I know, because I KNOW how ridiculous and fabricated it all is. But it helps. Camille in particular in the first season or so really helped. When she said he's "not the Kelsey I know". Christ. Hit very close to home. So this show is very helpful to me! So sorry that I'm way behind but I'm getting there! And then I'll get into ny or pontomac and actually be able to contribute in time haha

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Chedranian Girl posted:

I got into this show because my 11 Yr relationship ended and I needed something fun, light and dumb to enjoy. I also really, really needed to see women older than me coming out of relationships and knowing there's hope. Really dumb I know, because I KNOW how ridiculous and fabricated it all is. But it helps. Camille in particular in the first season or so really helped. When she said he's "not the Kelsey I know". Christ. Hit very close to home. So this show is very helpful to me! So sorry that I'm way behind but I'm getting there! And then I'll get into ny or pontomac and actually be able to contribute in time haha

No, Bravo is perfect for this kind of stuff. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship ending, that must be rough. But I enjoy Bravo because my job is so serious, its nice to just turn my brain off.

Chedranian Girl posted:

Just finished season four of RHBH, actually weirdly warmed a bit to Carlton at the end but probably because I'm (currently!) a die hard LVP girl. Also warmed a LOT to Brandi who I HATED to begin with. I'm sure my opinion will change a lot next season, I don't even know who is in it, going in completely fresh.

I have a few ride and dies on Housewives. LVP is one of them. I stopped watching BH because of how the other ladies treated her in her time of need. My other diehards are Bethenny (even though she can be super obnoxious and annoying), and Kandi.

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
I adore her. I'm so sad to see she's not in the current season, but at least I have a few more to go before I get there. I'm gutted I can't easily watch her new dog show (I'm in the UK and I can't find any easy way to stream it). When everyone turned on her at the end of this season (4) I was so cross for her, but she handled it all with more grace than I would have :p

Sorry to dredge up ancient gossip to you all as I'm so new to it all, but I had a Google and couldn't find concrete evidence either way - what's the opinion on if Mauricio actually did have an affair? Because - because I'm a hopeless romantic - I actually like how close they seem to be and that's such a shame if so - they're one of the few couples that seem to have weathered the test of time (along with Lisa and Ken).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Chedranian Girl posted:

I adore her. I'm so sad to see she's not in the current season, but at least I have a few more to go before I get there. I'm gutted I can't easily watch her new dog show (I'm in the UK and I can't find any easy way to stream it). When everyone turned on her at the end of this season (4) I was so cross for her, but she handled it all with more grace than I would have :p

Sorry to dredge up ancient gossip to you all as I'm so new to it all, but I had a Google and couldn't find concrete evidence either way - what's the opinion on if Mauricio actually did have an affair? Because - because I'm a hopeless romantic - I actually like how close they seem to be and that's such a shame if so - they're one of the few couples that seem to have weathered the test of time (along with Lisa and Ken).

Vanderpump Dogs isn't very good, they had an episode air on Bravo a couple of weeks ago. It's very staged, each episode they have two people come in separately talking about what they are looking for in a dog, and Lisa magically has exactly what they're looking for. The show feels a lot like Househunters.

As for Kyle and Mauricio, cheating rumors continue to follow them, but as for a smoking gun, there isn't one.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

On the other hand, with the rumors that Ramona and Luann are getting the boot from the show, do we need Bethenny back? What would her narrative be? I say this as a fan of hers, I'm not sure what she would bring to the show anymore.
Yeah I guess it's not really clear what the rest of the cast will look like at that point so it's hard to know how B would fit in. It sounds like the whole RH schedule is being restructured a bit rn- Potomac just got rushed out, NJ is getting rushed out, and they're pumping the breaks on NY for a potential reset. I anecdotally heard that while NY is on hiatus their budget is getting used for a second season of all-stars.

Tbh I've enjoyed the past two episodes of RHONY and feel like Bershan has lowkey saved the season by swooping in as the voice of the fans and telling everyone how boring they are. I've also turned on Leah- she spent the first however many episodes I watched calling the other ladies grandmas and saying it was like hanging out with her aunt, and now she's ganging up on Bershan for saying the same poo poo. Plus she storms out at the drop of that hat about 75% as much as Ramona, which I find unforgivable.

Some very weird editing on this season of RHONY though, we had a physical fight relegated to a flash-sideways?! :confused:

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm not sure how Candiace has shown any growth whatsoever, in fact based on her social media, she seems to have been emboldened by her time on the show and consistently says pretty reprehensible things, often homophobic. I was never on team Monique or team Candiace, because really, I never cared for either one. Monique was absolutely wrong, but to Candiace, the way she comes after people, she's bound to get that kind of reaction eventually.
Oh yeah I didn't know about her social media outside of what they screenshot on the show, and tbh I sort of discount the homophobia since all of the ladies (besides maybe Ashley) are pretty blatantly homophobic at every opportunity

But I don't know, maybe "team candiace" is an overstatement, maybe it's more appropriate to say I've moved away from being angry about her assholish behavior, and now I'm coming to appreciate her as someone who's good at her job, on a show that kind of needs an antagonist. Plus I always appreciate a housewife who lets us in on their toxic marriage- and not in the blatantly fake way that Karen does. In any case it's been hilarious to watch her and Ashley sit back and chill while "Zen Wen" and Mia rip into each other. Mia, I've decided, is a star and I'm really excited to see what she gets up to this season- it already seems like she has Wendy's number.

oh yeah also Dorothy is so toxic and batshit that I always have to remember it's sort of a miracle Candiace didn't turn out worse

Chedranian Girl posted:

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through, and as Nihonniboku said Bravo really is perfect for those moments in life. I think your post captures something very real that I love about these shows too: they don't just provide funny and ridiculous escapism-though they are good for that-they also sometimes address real poo poo in a way that really resonates! I have teared up watching Housewives more times than I care to admit.

But don't apologize for being behind- I'd love for this to be a chill space for people to post about retro Housewives viewing too! A few months ago I was almost exclusively watching old seasons but now I'm about 50/50...

I will say that I had a moment of weakness yesterday and decided that I have too many seasons of Bev Hills to get through, but I need to know what happened with Puppygate and Denise Richards so I watched some youtube summaries and, holy poo poo, I hope all of these ladies end up in the same boat as Erika lol

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

oh yeah also Dorothy is so toxic and batshit that I always have to remember it's sort of a miracle Candiace didn't turn out worse

I think Candiace is her mother, and is only slightly better because I think she's worried that she would have the same dynamic with any of her potential children as Dorothy is with her. As it is, she already treats Chris the way her mother treats her.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Tonight's episode of Below Deck Med was one of the best ever.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

next episode of RHONY Eboni is hosting a black shabbat- Bershan is not invited because it’s only for Eboni’s black friends who have been to Israel…

…plus Ramona, Luann, Leah, and Sonja :allears:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

next episode of RHONY Eboni is hosting a black shabbat- Bershan is not invited because it’s only for Eboni’s black friends who have been to Israel…

…plus Ramona, Luann, Leah, and Sonja :allears:

The only thing I want more from this season is for it to end. This season is worse than even the dark years of seasons 4-6. Go back to the drawing board, figure out a cast that actually works. gently caress it, bring back Heather, and I hate that racist rear end in a top hat! But we need somebody who can actually call these women out on their terrible behavior. Leah is up for it, but none of them respect her, so it always falls flat. But Luann is giving us absolutely nothing this year. Ramona is really feeling herself this year, which is deeply uncomfortable to watch.

Eboni wants to host a black shabbat? Sure, fine. Any excuse for a party.

New York used to be one of the shows where I wouldn't multitask, and would properly sit down in front of my TV to watch it. Instead last night I played Oxygen Not Included while it was on.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

last night was profoundly boring, my partner had slept through Potomac on Sunday and I kept looking at him hoping he'd suggest we rewatch that instead

I feel like we've reached the part in the season where production decided that if none of these women are going to actually do their jobs and make an entertaining show they should just focus on goofy activities that will provide some B-grade laughs so we can end up with footage of Ramona attempting to sing, and all of the women imitating each other

when Leah started confronting Luann about the contract poo poo I had a visceral feeling of "I do not care and don't want to watch this" come over me

e: That's a great point about Leah. I think that gets to the heart of why I liked her early on and rapidly soured on her- at first I was thinking "Leah's making some good points!" but because none of them respect her enough to engage it always just comes off as a temper tantrum

QUEER FRASIER fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 28, 2021

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

The RHOSLC season 2 trailer is out and I am honestly so excited. I can't wait for Lisa's investigation of Mary's cult.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

emo-ignorance posted:

The RHOSLC season 2 trailer is out and I am honestly so excited. I can't wait for Lisa's investigation of Mary's cult.

I'm more excited about the cult stuff than Jen getting arrested.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm more excited about the cult stuff than Jen getting arrested.
Same. Mary is basically doing the same thing as Jen. Exploiting vulnerable people. But Mary actually knows these people, look them in their faces and play mental games with them while doing so.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Below Deck Med this season has been surprisingly entertaining. I wasn't excited about it coming back after all the toxic behavior that Malia and Sandy exhibited last season, but they seem to have taken all the criticism to heart, and might even be overcorrecting this season. We have a very entertaining deck crew who are all absolute sweethearts. I'm enjoying Courtney calling everyone DADDY all the time. 2nd stew Lexi (snobby and self-entitled) and chef Mathew (anxiety ridden and insecure) have been a fun source of drama. And the new chief stew seems fine, more entertaining than Kate's replacement Francesca, although not as much as the other new chief stew over on Sailing Yacht, Daisy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Speaking of, we got our first trailer for the next season of Below Deck.

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/...Season9-Trailer

Eddie is back, now as First Mate. Rachel is back as Chef. Captain Lee is delayed to the boat due to covid, so there is a new chef for the first few charters. But it looks like a whole new interior, including possibly the 2nd ever male stew.

October 26.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

RHONY: Thank god the season came to a merciful end. I sort of feel for them for how much covid clearly hosed up their schedule- it must have been rampant through the production team if they took ~2 months off after Black Shabbat. It's hilarious how many conflicting stories are swirling about who's getting fired and who's coming back and such. I've sort of come around to wanting Ramona and Sonja to stay, and wanting Luann and Leah fired. For all that was wrong with this season, I laughed harder at Black Shabbat than I have at any housewives scene in some time, and I have to credit that to Ramona's bad behavior and Sonja's complete meltdown. Ultimately I don't feel too invested in who stays or goes, which I guess is the most damning thing of all.

RHOBH: Kyle and co are such pieces of poo poo lol. I can't believe this stupid show left me cheering for Sutton! And I was cheering for her earlier in the season, but I've really soured on Crystal. 1)offered critical solidarity to Erika, 2) friends with Teddi, 3) dismissive bullshit about Rob's colleagues "getting me too'd". Three strikes, you're out.

RHOP: I'm pumped for the salad throwing fight, but I'm a little down on this season of Potomac. Ashley's lack of involvement feels like the biggest culprit to me, and sure enough when she parachuted in to Williamsburg for a day things immediately racheted up. I think I'm just not loving the Wendy drama- Wendy's being more weird than entertaining imo.

emo-ignorance posted:

holy gently caress I am so excited for this, the Mary cult stuff was so peripheral last season I didn't dare to hope for it in season 2, given everything going on with Jen.

Nihonniboku posted:

Below Deck Med this season has been surprisingly entertaining. I wasn't excited about it coming back after all the toxic behavior that Malia and Sandy exhibited last season, but they seem to have taken all the criticism to heart, and might even be overcorrecting this season. We have a very entertaining deck crew who are all absolute sweethearts. I'm enjoying Courtney calling everyone DADDY all the time. 2nd stew Lexi (snobby and self-entitled) and chef Mathew (anxiety ridden and insecure) have been a fun source of drama. And the new chief stew seems fine, more entertaining than Kate's replacement Francesca, although not as much as the other new chief stew over on Sailing Yacht, Daisy.
I've caught up on this and am watching live now! The deck crew are lovely, I need more Lloyd content in my life. Lexi is such a hilarious reminder of the shittiest co-workers we've all ever had, just leveraging their bad behavior to try to be responsible for less and less work. I'm just glad they stopped flashing back to David asking Malia out, even the 6th and 7th times made me physically wince

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Ha, really! See, I thought the Black Shabbat dinner was maybe the cringiest that the show has ever been, and that Ramona should absolutely be fired for that. I think that Luann needs to be demoted to friend of just because she brought nothing to the season, but last time she got demoted, she made sure to earn her apple back. Leah I'm torn on. I feel like she could be a good housewife, but since all the other ladies on the show are more than twice her age, they don't respect her and won't hear anything she has to say. Unless they do a complete cast revamp and bring in more people her age (which is weird to say that I'm the same age as some housewives now), I don't see how they can keep her.

And yeah, Potomac is weird this season. There is some good stuff. It does seem odd without Ashley. Candiace is trying as hard as she can to be on her best behavior, but the salad fight makes it seem like some of her old self will come out. Karen needs to lay off Gizelle, the woman is obsessed with her!

And Below Deck Med, I have the biggest crush on David. I wanted to warn him the whole time to stay away from Malia, she will ruin your life!

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Oh god, I definitely did not want to find myself coming to Ramona's defense. Idk, I was frustrated with her first half of the season where she was just refusing to engage with Eboni, but one of the things I like about RH is seeing people who make me think "I cannot believe-and yet totally believe-these people are accepted anywhere in polite society", and Ramona (and drunk Sonja) is pretty great for that. Black Shabbat was just such a loving mess from the start, I was already cracking up at Leah being demanding over Zoom and loving up Archie's attempts to talk. Archie was hilarious for how genuinely she was trying to promote her organization in spite of the obvious chaos unfolding all around her. Sonja's rant was an all-timer. I was loving Eboni just sipping her drink and letting these ladies get themselves in massive trouble. Ramona's meltdown about getting denied painkillers from a black nurse crossed so many lines but I couldn't help but respect her stamina and body of work over the course of the night. All lives mattering Jew Belong, melting down about being hungry, melting down about things taking too long, melting down about being persecuted by jewish people, screaming at Leah about her bad zoom etiquette, melting down to the cook about how difficult it is to keep track of pronouns like "him, her... uh... they"- I mean the woman melts down more in one dinner than some housewives do across four seasons.

re: Leah there was an article going around (maybe posted here?) arguing that one main reason RHONY has been weird this year is that you have Eboni and Leah as these younger downtown housewives, Sonja and Ramona (and Lu, in spirit) as older uptown housewives, and there's just not a lot of continuity between the two. There's definitely a big shakeup needed- the casting was a swing and miss, the editing felt really weird, and the production clearly got hit harder by covid than any other RH franchise to air a covid season. Someone save this show!

David is a cutie but as a fellow bi Lloyd has my heart and I felt really bad for him when he had his breakdown about being 90% straight. :( He seems like such a fun guy, I'd love to have him as my bus driver for a european tour!

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.
RHONY is my favorite franchise and this season has been, for me, unwatchable. I have 8 episodes on my DVR that I can’t even bring myself to watch. I could not be more uninterested in this season. Something has to change for next year or I’m bailing.

Also, RIP to Gregg Leakes.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

David is a cutie but as a fellow bi Lloyd has my heart and I felt really bad for him when he had his breakdown about being 90% straight. :( He seems like such a fun guy, I'd love to have him as my bus driver for a european tour!

I love that this season's deckhands are the complete opposite of the Bru Crew.

The Robins Taley posted:

Also, RIP to Gregg Leakes.

Indeed. I hope Nene finds healing and peace.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

The SLC taglines are out, and the first two minutes (Jen peacing out of Beauty Lab before the cops show up) has been going around as well. Absolutely cannot wait

I'm really enjoying Bev Hills right now. Everything is sort of blowing up in the faces of everyone involved- minus Garcelle, whose hatred of all of these ladies continues to serve her very well

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I love that the opening moments of the season premiere of SLC is a montage of Jen's arrest. This season is going to be epic.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

QUEER FRASIER posted:

The SLC taglines are out, and the first two minutes (Jen peacing out of Beauty Lab before the cops show up) has been going around as well. Absolutely cannot wait

I'm really enjoying Bev Hills right now. Everything is sort of blowing up in the faces of everyone involved- minus Garcelle, whose hatred of all of these ladies continues to serve her very well
Same! Garcelle is a godsend. It's loving wild to see her be the most reasonable and normal acting person by simple stating and reacting to what is actually happening around her, while everyone else tries to bully her into their weird, fake narrative. The BH women try so loving hard and yet are so far up their own asses that they never get how awful they look.

The reaction the majority of the women had to Garcelle's dinner was loving disgusting. If she'd said that it was a french inspired dinner and called conch marine escargot or whatever they would have slurped it down while making their caviar cum faces. Also Rinna has eaten plenty of fish on the show so it's funny how she suddenly isn't from a fish eating family.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Mary is crazy

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Below Deck Med: Such a good season, is this the best show on Bravo right now? I really love Courtney so much, and (in a nice constrast to Bev Hills) I'm glad that nobody seems willing to let Matthew off the hook for his horrendous behavior to Lexi. I might even watch this season on Below Deck Vanilla I'm so hooked!

Potomac: I feel really bad for Mia. Her husband humiliated her on TV and all of these ladies are slut-shaming her in a way that has felt tired on Housewives since, I don't know, the Melissa Gorga stripper rumors like ten years ago? Not a top tier Potomac season so far but Candiace is back to being a truly hateable villain so now I find myself tuning in hoping she gets wrecked at the finale.

SLC: This season has started SO WEIRD. I feel like they sort of blew the opportunity to have this season really take off in the ratings. I swear I haven't seen such bizarre pacing and editing from housewives show in years. No all-cast until like, the third episode? And then we have this casino event completely out of nowhere, with absolutely none of the usual RH scenes establishing who all is going, how they got invited, etc etc. SLC is apparently done by the same production company that does RHONY and I have to wonder whether there's some serious questions at Bravo about continuing to let these folks squander their franchises

Sarcopenia posted:

Same! Garcelle is a godsend. It's loving wild to see her be the most reasonable and normal acting person by simple stating and reacting to what is actually happening around her, while everyone else tries to bully her into their weird, fake narrative. The BH women try so loving hard and yet are so far up their own asses that they never get how awful they look.

The reaction the majority of the women had to Garcelle's dinner was loving disgusting. If she'd said that it was a french inspired dinner and called conch marine escargot or whatever they would have slurped it down while making their caviar cum faces. Also Rinna has eaten plenty of fish on the show so it's funny how she suddenly isn't from a fish eating family.

I felt really bad for her when they (Rinna in particular) got her to cry a couple eps ago. It kind of struck me the other day that one of the reasons Garcelle and Sutton seem so marginal in this group is that everyone else essentially has a non-aggression pact formed around the fact that they all have fake marriages that are financial scams in one way or another.

Tonight is the Bev Hills finale and I have to say, it's been an entertaining season but I'm finding myself sort of dissatisfied. I'm reminded of Vulture's big Housewives/Bravo write-up earlier this year that really focused on how important it is for the arc of these shows for castmembers to ultimately face some sort of reckoning for their bad behavior. Andy kept promising that it was coming, but with the finales tonight it feels safe to conclude that neither Erika nor Rinna will face a reckoning for their horrific behavior this season.* You don't even have to go back to the Denise poo poo to be outraged- Erika has spent literally every episode telling blatantly bizarre lies that don't even make sense on their face, and 10+ episodes of watching her get away with it is a bit much. I had to watch some Kim Richards clips today I was so desperate to see someone getting under Rinna's skin

*Until the reunion, the very juicy trailer for which appears to show that Andy got tired of none of the castmembers doing their jobs and decided to put his journalism degree to work taking down Erika himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtNTpCVCbE

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Below Deck Med: Such a good season, is this the best show on Bravo right now? I really love Courtney so much, and (in a nice constrast to Bev Hills) I'm glad that nobody seems willing to let Matthew off the hook for his horrendous behavior to Lexi. I might even watch this season on Below Deck Vanilla I'm so hooked!

I love Below Deck in general. The Below Deck shows and Summer House I think are the best things on Bravo these days. I'm still not crazy about Sandy or Malia after what they did last season, but I've enjoyed seeing them at each other's throats this season, and it's at least not as anxiety inducing as it was to see Sandy bullying Hannah for having anxiety

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Potomac: I feel really bad for Mia. Her husband humiliated her on TV and all of these ladies are slut-shaming her in a way that has felt tired on Housewives since, I don't know, the Melissa Gorga stripper rumors like ten years ago? Not a top tier Potomac season so far but Candiace is back to being a truly hateable villain so now I find myself tuning in hoping she gets wrecked at the finale.

I feel like I'm just not really getting Mia. The slut shaming is of course bad. I feel like she's just not really bringing anything. She doesn't bring the glam, she's kind of tacky and lives in Baltimore. She's not funny or very intelligent. She has no real connection to any of the ladies on the show. And her attempts at stirring up drama are too obvious. Candiace did make me laugh when she was walking down Gizelle's driveway, and the entirety of Karen's fever dream made that episode an all time classic. But yeah, I still don't like Candiace in general, and it's horrible that whenever she doesn't like someone, she resorts immediately to body and slut shaming.

QUEER FRASIER posted:

SLC: This season has started SO WEIRD. I feel like they sort of blew the opportunity to have this season really take off in the ratings. I swear I haven't seen such bizarre pacing and editing from housewives show in years. No all-cast until like, the third episode? And then we have this casino event completely out of nowhere, with absolutely none of the usual RH scenes establishing who all is going, how they got invited, etc etc. SLC is apparently done by the same production company that does RHONY and I have to wonder whether there's some serious questions at Bravo about continuing to let these folks squander their franchises

I've actually really been enjoying SLC this season. Heather and Whitney having the commentary on the ice was incredible, and I love Whitney bringing Lisa down at the casino night. Watching Lisa break into fake hysterics when she was confronted with her lies, and then the second she leaves the room she stops it all and she is back to being ice queen. I think Lisa is a borderline sociopath. Can't wait for Jen's arrest and Lisa investigating Mary's cult.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

I feel like I'm just not really getting Mia. The slut shaming is of course bad. I feel like she's just not really bringing anything. She doesn't bring the glam, she's kind of tacky and lives in Baltimore. She's not funny or very intelligent. She has no real connection to any of the ladies on the show. And her attempts at stirring up drama are too obvious. Candiace did make me laugh when she was walking down Gizelle's driveway, and the entirety of Karen's fever dream made that episode an all time classic. But yeah, I still don't like Candiace in general, and it's horrible that whenever she doesn't like someone, she resorts immediately to body and slut shaming.
OMG the Karen fever dream was killing me, I was howling thinking about trying to keep up with that group within 24 hrs of my moderna jab. The reasonably shady party was so delightfully Gizelle, everyone being messy in that tacky set-up in a construction zone.

And yeah I think maybe part of the reason I'm feeling bad for Mia is that it feels like she doesn't really fit in this group. :/ I think of Potomac's vibe as sort of, ladies who you'd find being shady to each other at a Congressional Black Caucus ball. She's not in that lane, she's not glamorous are particularly interesting, and now she's being carpet bombed by Candiace.

Nihonniboku posted:

I've actually really been enjoying SLC this season. Heather and Whitney having the commentary on the ice was incredible, and I love Whitney bringing Lisa down at the casino night. Watching Lisa break into fake hysterics when she was confronted with her lies, and then the second she leaves the room she stops it all and she is back to being ice queen. I think Lisa is a borderline sociopath. Can't wait for Jen's arrest and Lisa investigating Mary's cult.
Oh yeah for sure, this cast is absolutely dynamite, I've just been worried about the ratings and noticing some inconsistencies with the general Bravo/RH playbook. I can't wait to find out more about Meredith's role in Jen's arrest haha

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

QUEER FRASIER posted:

I felt really bad for her when they (Rinna in particular) got her to cry a couple eps ago. It kind of struck me the other day that one of the reasons Garcelle and Sutton seem so marginal in this group is that everyone else essentially has a non-aggression pact formed around the fact that they all have fake marriages that are financial scams in one way or another.
Totally! . When Garcelle was carting around Sutton and exclaiming her name there seemed to be some actual affection there. It's weird how they genuinely seem closer than FF5 and that really accentuates how phony that bunch are.

QUEER FRASIER posted:

*Until the reunion, the very juicy trailer for which appears to show that Andy got tired of none of the castmembers doing their jobs and decided to put his journalism degree to work taking down Erika himself:
That trailer looks so loving goood! Lmao it's great that the Girardi shitshow is national news because now Bravo has to rip in to her. And lol did everyone see that Camille and Vanderpump both said that Kyle was sharing gossip about Tom's misdeeds at Andy's baby shower 2 years ago. I really hope that this gets brought up at the reunion.
And oomph. This magnificent frame of cinema.

Un...

...canny

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Oh yeah for sure, this cast is absolutely dynamite, I've just been worried about the ratings and noticing some inconsistencies with the general Bravo/RH playbook. I can't wait to find out more about Meredith's role in Jen's arrest haha

I don't think she had anything to do with it. I think she's just playing it up.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

I simply have no choice but to stan Heather Gay

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

The trailer for the mashup, now named Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip, is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoBquo2zdGI

Looks like fun tbh lol

Sarcopenia posted:

That trailer looks so loving goood! Lmao it's great that the Girardi shitshow is national news because now Bravo has to rip in to her. And lol did everyone see that Camille and Vanderpump both said that Kyle was sharing gossip about Tom's misdeeds at Andy's baby shower 2 years ago. I really hope that this gets brought up at the reunion.

Omg Camille has been killing me live-tweeting the whole season. She is relentless on Dorit for not having a storyline which, it must be said, is so true! I hope we get a cameo appearance from a former housewife (Kim!!! or a goldie oldie like Faye) during this monster of a reunion

emo-ignorance posted:

I simply have no choice but to stan Heather Gay

I know, she’s so great. Has barely even done anything yet this season but I’m delighted everytime she’s on screen

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

this Jennie sister wives storyline is faker than Melissa gorga having a cancer scare. Not a fan

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

this Jennie sister wives storyline is faker than Melissa gorga having a cancer scare. Not a fan

Yuppp! Reddit is going crazy over it talking about what a POS he is, but it's pretty clear that this is just amateur hour from a couple of newbies who are looking to create a storyline, but don't realize how this will make him come across on television. Camera crews don't follow them around all day everyday, there is a call sheet with a list of who is going to be there, what time they will be there, and what the general scene will be about.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Below Deck OG has returned, a welcome reprieve from having to suffer weekly due to the presence of Sandy and Malia.

Eddie and Chef Rachel are the only returning cast members, even Captain Lee is absent due to some medical issues for the first part of the season.

Of note is our new gay 2nd Stew, Fraser. He's sassy and fun, and based on the previews, it looks like there is maybe a romance brewing between him and deck hand Jake. We were gifted with a few scenes of them making out. That's a pleasant surprise.

In housewives news, Atlanta has had a complete overhaul. Porsha, gone. Cynthia, gone. Friends of Tanya and LaToya, gone. The only cast members remaining from last season are Kandi, Kenya, and Drew, with Sheree returning. Marlo has gotten a promotion and finally gotten her peach, and we have a new cast member, Sanya who I guess is an athlete who used to have her own show on We or something.

Beverly Hills has started filming, and apparently Dorit has been let go. Now if they'd only fire Rinna, and I'd maybe consider returning to the show, but with I just can't with that toxic energy.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 26, 2021

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Has anyone here received a Cease & Desist from Diana Jenkins for calling her a sex trafficker

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

emo-ignorance posted:

Has anyone here received a Cease & Desist from Diana Jenkins for calling her a sex trafficker

Rinna is seriously going on a rant saying all the problems in the current season are due to LVP's mechanicians, saying that she is friends with Garcelle is proof.

BH is the shittiest franchise for a reason. It's just so exhausting

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

BH is the shittiest franchise for a reason. It's just so exhausting

yeah it’s time to clean house, watching Kyle’s mean girl crew bully people got old like four seasons ago. yesterday’s episode was thoroughly unpleasant.

fire them all except garcelle and sutton. crystal can stay as friend of I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

yeah it’s time to clean house, watching Kyle’s mean girl crew bully people got old like four seasons ago. yesterday’s episode was thoroughly unpleasant.

fire them all except garcelle and sutton. crystal can stay as friend of I guess

I'd kind of be fine with firing all of Kyle's bully friends and leaving Kyle alone without allies. I'd be happy to see her running away from every scene crying acting like a victim like she always does.

Some gossip. I live here in DC. Several seasons back Kyle made a big show of dropping her daughter off at the dorms of GWU here, she was crying about how much she's going to miss her, and how sad she was going to be living in such a small room with a stranger.

Apparently that was all for show. They bought a condo for her in Foggy Bottom above the Whole Foods. Apparently this daughter is a big coke head.