Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Why doesn't Vantage's tactical have a CD timer? loving hate having to listen for the little blip sound.

It did when the season patch hit. Respawn broke it at some point because of course they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
There's a timer I think when you leave the bat out and about, unless they broke that? I always put it away after jumping and found it super annoying having to basically count to 20 seconds every time after to know if it was usable again.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is it me, or are 3x and above optics in extremely short supply this season?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I actually feel like I've seen the beer can and the 3x more often this season so far.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I find 6x scopes all the time which sucks cause I like the 3x ones. But I may just be getting unlucky.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Couldn't put my lifeline ult on the walls around artillery. Is that s stealth nerf?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Keito posted:

There's a timer I think when you leave the bat out and about, unless they broke that? I always put it away after jumping and found it super annoying having to basically count to 20 seconds every time after to know if it was usable again.

I've always put the bat away even when she first dropped. The icon used to slowly fill up even with the bat recalled to let you know when it was ready.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

10 Beers posted:

Is it me, or are 3x and above optics in extremely short supply this season?
I've had a hard time finding anything under 3x :v: I like the 1x red dot - I'm used to it and can hit stuff at long range with it. Played over the weekend and 95% were 3x and above.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I put together some pretty nice clips from the last week. There's a couple plays that I'm legitimately proud of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_xoPpXFuUw

Expect a lot of hipfiring and eva-8

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I just used Vantage in my last game, her ult hitbox is just ridiculous for how much damage it does. They are going to nerf that, right? Because it felt like I didn't even have to aim to hit my shots, which is crazy considering how fast it shoots and how much damage it does

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Something I don't get watching streams: streamers never seem to get stuck on level geometry, yet somehow when I play I'll get stuck on a box. They also seem to have impossibly fast move speed.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
1) just have to know the map and the handful of bits of level geometry that will stick you up
2) probably have wider fov than you (most high level people are using 105+fov)
3) also yeah they're going faster because they're preserving momentum and using a bunch of speed boosting slides and bounces and poo poo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
most top streamers are putting superglides and tap strafes into their repertoire

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

They do also absolutely get stuck on geometry sometimes, it's just generally not as common because they're familiar with most of the common spots.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It's also very funny when they find a new one and freak out.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

I am getting tired of getting sniped by Vantage while behind cover.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Knight2m posted:

I am getting tired of getting sniped by Vantage while behind cover.

You think Vantage is bad? Oh boy have I got news for you:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/780620442829979658/1017268181133434880/vantage_got_nothing_on_fuse.mp4

Fuse is way worse lol. The knuckcluster stick hitbox is absolutely absurd sometimes, though it really feels like latency or something is a factor sometimes.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

I hardly ever see Fuse and only a small fraction of them ever use his abilities. It seems every other team has a Vantage.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

dragon enthusiast posted:

most top streamers are putting superglides and tap strafes into their repertoire

What are tap strafes?

My FOV is set to 90 but I'll try a higher setting. The other day I tried it at the default of 70 and it was like playing a different game, moving through quicksand compared with being a big slidey god.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Is superglide the one where you sprint+slide right after climbing up a ledge?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think since the buffs Fuse is actually not bad, especially if you tend to pick low ammo stack weapons and heavy on the grenades, going into the final fight with 12 arc stars can end the fight before you finish shooting all 12.

Evil Kit posted:

Fuse is way worse lol. The knuckcluster stick hitbox is absolutely absurd sometimes, though it really feels like latency or something is a factor sometimes.

Aw and here I was thinking I just had amazing aim with his Q.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Knight2m posted:

I hardly ever see Fuse and only a small fraction of them ever use his abilities. It seems every other team has a Vantage.

I've been seeing him way more regularly now, though there was a larger surge when he got buffs each season and folks were trying him out more. You def see Fuse way more often now though.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Aw and here I was thinking I just had amazing aim with his Q.

No shade on this, the hitbox is generous but it does take some practice to hit long range sticks and quick fire stuff close up. If you put in the time you can absolutely get lucky.

You will also start to notice how you stick someone who is so far behind a wall you didn't even know they were there with some regularity lol.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dyz posted:

Is superglide the one where you sprint+slide right after climbing up a ledge?

You do a slide jump the instant you climb up a ledge but it's so quick you never actually slide and just end up launching yourself forward through the air right when you pull yourself up.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Not quite apex, but OverWatch 2 has some people upset because while the game is free, to unlock some new characters you have to get something akin to a battle pass. So I'm not sure if it follows the Apex model, but I don't see anything wrong with buying new characters if the game itself is free? I mean, assuming it's not real world money that's the only way you can get them, like Apex coins etc.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Not quite apex, but OverWatch 2 has some people upset because while the game is free, to unlock some new characters you have to get something akin to a battle pass. So I'm not sure if it follows the Apex model, but I don't see anything wrong with buying new characters if the game itself is free? I mean, assuming it's not real world money that's the only way you can get them, like Apex coins etc.

Also how Metaversus works, League, etc. It's a standard model imo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a standard model but every character was unlocked in overwatch 1. ofc overwatch 1 cost money to play the game, but still, its reasonable for people to be put off by it after getting used to it not being that way

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

it's muddled because people did pay up front for OW1 with the expectation of new heroes not being gated, and OW1 is effectively being deleted and replaced with OW2 when it comes out

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
OW2 continues to be the funniest train wreck every year.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ow2 is giving the character out immediately with the pass, which is hilarious and dumb and entirely their fault they are making people mad about it. Everyone else loving hides the exact same thing in currency so the headline isn’t that.

Well there’s also the I think single new character the game is launching with? So it’s one, plus this unlockable one lol.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Gating characters behind paywalls is really nasty and screams pay to win. Apex wouldn’t be half as good if legend points didn’t exist.

Respawn really has done it right by even soft gating skins, though they still are guilty of predatory loot box mechanics.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

The thing that sets OW apart from the other games where you buy/unlock heroes is that Overwatch is built literally from the ground up around the premise that people switch heroes to counter other heroes mid game, which means that not having all the heroes unlocked is a huge competitive disadvantage for you and your team. before the issue was that your team mate would refuse to switch to (or was bad at) the appropriate counter, but now, potentially, your team mate might also be unable to switch to the appropriate counter. Other games that use a similar system are almost 100% games where you pick a character before the game starts and because characters need to be not auto-losses, are balanced to be more generally viable and to have fewer hard counters.

basically the issue is that overwatch is explicitly balanced and designed around each team having equal access to the hero pool. One team not having access to a bunch of the cast is a huge disadvantage relative to a team with full access. It's bizarre and I can't imagine the design team was on board with it.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 9, 2022

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
SEN Lou, one of the best mechanical MNK players in the pro scene, said he will switch to controller. TSM Hal also might switch from MNK to controller.

Does anyone in here play controller on PC?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
As a launch day PS4 player that moved to PC and MnK a couple of months ago, they must either be joking or out of their minds.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I guess the apex god is one of aim assist and not movement

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
That seems like a mistake to me

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I think Hal was intending to switch between MNK and roller depending on the situation.

Mac said he wanted 2 controller players on his new team as well

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Respawn please get rid of or tone down aim assist. How does day 1 controller players out-aiming MNK players with years of experience make any loving sense.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

that ship has sailed, probably the best you can hope for now is them toning down console aim assist in PC lobbies

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The abbreviation has always been KBM what is with all these kids saying MNK.

It was funny getting into Warzone for a bit and people being mind blown at this really sick player saying "he's even on keyboard and mouse!!" Even with aim assist I can't imagine a controller having the same level of...control as KBM. Aim assist shouldn't be a thing at all since that's the whole reason to use the proper control scheme when playing an FPS.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the reason teams haven't switched to full roller squads is because MNK loots faster than controller. Close-quarter team fights favor controller by a huge margin and those are the primary form of engagements at the pro level