Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we post a poll every year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 4 44.44%
Yes 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

EconDad posted:

I’m not even sure what to make of it. I suppose I like two picks being closer together, as I have it… so I declined.

Can’t wait for you to take my guy at 17. Making me a sad dad immediately.

:hfive: same here actually. If nothing else it leaves you with more time to use the bathroom or grab a beer between rounds.

Though I just pitched the same thing to SB so you may be safe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How long does the draft usually take?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How long does the draft usually take?

Probably around 90 minutes or so. Normally by rounds 7-9 or so, I'll pause the draft and change it from 90 seconds to 60 or 30 seconds per pick.

Quiet Feet posted:

:hfive: same here actually. If nothing else it leaves you with more time to use the bathroom or grab a beer between rounds.

Though I just pitched the same thing to SB so you may be safe!

I honestly think I like drafting at the turn a bit more myself, but thanks!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

are people using discord to chat for this draft, the espn draft chat, or thread?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

We've just used the draft chat the last few years.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Amon-Ra is comin' for ya'll

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
As always, it was fun everyone! :tipshat:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Every year I have a song that represents my team. This year it was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnWsAUSgsJo

Gotta say, having a song titled "Order of Death" for the draft, and the primary lyrics being "this is what you want, this is what you get" really sums this poo poo up pretty well.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lol that in a 20 team league neither Seahawks QB was drafted

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Utter madness. Glad to be part of it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

lol that in a 20 team league neither Seahawks QB was drafted

There’s a team without a QB lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ASAPRockySituation posted:

There’s a team without a QB lol

He'd at least like a shot of claiming Geno Smith on waivers

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Unfortunately I couldn't participate in chat during the draft because I had some stuff going on but I managed to only auto-pick twice, which is nice.

I can't wait for my team to blow up in my face. The great thing is that this was the first of the drafts I have over the next week so now the other two are going to feel like target rich environments because the other two are only 12 teamers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 29, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Not sure what to think about my team. My expected roster trends did not really hold up, and I kept having players sniped even at pick 260 or whatever.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My only regret is taking Sutton st the 3/4 turn instead of picking up Dillon or Hunt. Suspect there'd have still been a good WR available with the later of the two picks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

My only regret is taking Sutton st the 3/4 turn instead of picking up Dillon or Hunt. Suspect there'd have still been a good WR available with the later of the two picks.

I wish you had passed on him as I had hoped he’d fall to me, but c’est la vie.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

You underestimated my need for THE CHUNT

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

Not sure what to think about my team. My expected roster trends did not really hold up, and I kept having players sniped even at pick 260 or whatever.

You always have good analysis. What were you expecting? (being serious here, not a smartass) What trends were you thinking?

I mainly ask because I’ve noticed that this year, ADP means a lot less than usual. I know we draft QBs and the like early here, but in my other draft that I posted yesterday, I felt more like you had to grab who you wanted almost a round or two early each time or you would’ve been boned.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Why yes autodrafter, I'd love 7 WRs and only 1 of each QB, RB and TE. Oh and thanks for that backup kicker.

Anyways, looking for a good RB option, willing to trade the following as long as the relative quality is the same:

Brandin Cooks
Tyler Locket
Jacobi Myers
Van Jefferson
Joshua Palmer

Could be interested in a QB or TE as well, but at least there are a few QB options on the wire and TEs are just lovely versions of WRs anyway so they are less a priority.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Silly Burrito posted:

You always have good analysis. What were you expecting? (being serious here, not a smartass) What trends were you thinking?

I mainly ask because I’ve noticed that this year, ADP means a lot less than usual. I know we draft QBs and the like early here, but in my other draft that I posted yesterday, I felt more like you had to grab who you wanted almost a round or two early each time or you would’ve been boned.

Nothing profound. In hindsight it feels like I reached at some positions because I anticipated them going faster than they did, primarily QB but to a lesser extent RB2s, and then filling that vacuum of unpicked QB and RBs were WRs going about a round or so ahead of where I thought they would. I think a larger league like this makes it easier to throw ADP out the window, since you need to commit to the player you want when you don't pick again for 30 picks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Masturbatory deep dive on my own team

QB: I'd hoped to nab both Lawrence and Fields with the expectation that one of them (or maybe both!) is going to have a breakout season. So, accomplished half of that. Goff is going to be fine as a bye-week fill-in against a blah Giants team.

RB: Sigh, so close to Double AJs. Instead have to settle for half of Will/Gor. I think people are underestimating the amount of work Gordon is going to get though. D'Ernest is the final asterisk on CHUNT* though, so take that Econdad! Anyway, Jones should see an uptick in targets with Davante out and no good receiving options on the Packers. Eno should end up in the Chase Edmonds role and see enough receiving work to make him a flex play.

WR: Love this squad. Deebo was like WR2 on the season last year before they started using him in the running game. And that with a trash QB. Sutton sounds like he's the favorite for Wilson. Godwin's numbers were almost dead even with Mike Evans last year before his injury. KJ Osborn will be decent, unless Thielen gets injured again and then he'll be great.

TE: Tight end is a trash position that sucks. Bobby Tons, whenever he's finally healthy, should be a good RZ target and there are plenty of targets vacated by Davante's departure to Vegas.

K: Justin Tucker Motherfucker. I plugged my draft into one of those team raters and it had the audacity to call him an average kicker.

D/ST: Tons of sacks and pressure by this unit last year. I think they'll be at least good again with potential for more.

P: Former Eagle Cameron Johnston was on too good a team to really let his talents shine. Now he's on a team that sucks. Good for him.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Masturbatory deep dive on my own team

QB: I'd hoped to nab both Lawrence and Fields with the expectation that one of them (or maybe both!) is going to have a breakout season. So, accomplished half of that. Goff is going to be fine as a bye-week fill-in against a blah Giants team.

RB: Sigh, so close to Double AJs. Instead have to settle for half of Will/Gor. I think people are underestimating the amount of work Gordon is going to get though. D'Ernest is the final asterisk on CHUNT* though, so take that Econdad! Anyway, Jones should see an uptick in targets with Davante out and no good receiving options on the Packers. Eno should end up in the Chase Edmonds role and see enough receiving work to make him a flex play.

WR: Love this squad. Deebo was like WR2 on the season last year before they started using him in the running game. And that with a trash QB. Sutton sounds like he's the favorite for Wilson. Godwin's numbers were almost dead even with Mike Evans last year before his injury. KJ Osborn will be decent, unless Thielen gets injured again and then he'll be great.

TE: Tight end is a trash position that sucks. Bobby Tons, whenever he's finally healthy, should be a good RZ target and there are plenty of targets vacated by Davante's departure to Vegas.

K: Justin Tucker Motherfucker. I plugged my draft into one of those team raters and it had the audacity to call him an average kicker.

D/ST: Tons of sacks and pressure by this unit last year. I think they'll be at least good again with potential for more.

P: Former Eagle Cameron Johnston was on too good a team to really let his talents shine. Now he's on a team that sucks. Good for him.

I messed it all up. Now give me what I deserve... to complete my CHUNTSON

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

RB: Sigh, so close to Double AJs. Instead have to settle for half of Will/Gor. I think people are underestimating the amount of work Gordon is going to get though.
I think Javonte and Gordon are both going to do great because Hackett is going to bring in an offense that runs a lot in an RB-friendly scheme. Javonte looked amazing last year and was underutilized and I dont think the new coaching staff will make that mistake.

I wont do as deep a dive but my team is predicated on Javonte not getting hurt and Stafford's elbow not falling off, otherwise I'm completely boned. Though I guess thats probably how it mainly works in a 20 team league... blind luck.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 29, 2022

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kinda sad I missed on Michael Dickson, but I'll get him in my auction league.

overall very happy with my draft! only weak point is TE, which kept getting drafted just ahead of me. guess I'll scrape something together there. if anyone wants to trade a TE to me, just start sending offers.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think Javonte and Gordon are both going to do great because Hackett is going to bring in an offense that runs a lot in an RB-friendly scheme. Javonte looked amazing last year and was underutilized and I dont think the new coaching staff will make that mistake.

I wont do as deep a dive but my team is predicated on Javonte not getting hurt and Stafford's elbow not falling off, otherwise I'm completely boned. Though I guess thats probably how it mainly works in a 20 team league... blind luck.

Yeah that Broncos offense should be really good this year. Glad to have a couple of pieces of it.

Man, imagine winning a championship because of blind luck. Like you barely back into the playoffs and then in the championship game, you just randomly have a player that drops a top-2 all-time game on your unsuspecting opponent. And on Christmas of all days. *tugs collar*

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah that Broncos offense should be really good this year. Glad to have a couple of pieces of it.

Man, imagine winning a championship because of blind luck. Like you barely back into the playoffs and then in the championship game, you just randomly have a player that drops a top-2 all-time game on your unsuspecting opponent. And on Christmas of all days. *tugs collar*
Re: Broncos: Agreed
Re: Bad luck: Yeah the past three years in one of the random redraft leagues I've been in I've either been in the championship and lost due to something wild or missed getting into the championship by less than 5 points then scored enough the following week that I would have won the ship had I been in it. Probably not as painful as losing the championship in a 20 team league, though.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Very happy with my Mahomes/Kelce stack and Josh Jacobs. Wooo boy WR might be a struggle this year (Drake London, Christian Kirk, Mecole Hardman, and Isaiah McKenzie). Hopefully someone breaks out.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

The Salvon Ahmed / Gus Edwards decision game, as I call it. I’ll never stop weeping.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Currently vacationing in Portugal so missing the draft. And …I have no QB. Lol.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

commish posted:

Currently vacationing in Portugal so missing the draft. And …I have no QB. Lol.

pmchem posted:

He'd at least like a shot of claiming Geno Smith on waivers

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Geno szn

Titties Trubisky szn

Lock szn

etc. and so on

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

EconDad posted:

Lock szn

Please speak with my agent first tia

commish
Sep 17, 2009

EconDad posted:

Geno szn

Titties Trubisky szn

Lock szn

etc. and so on

I can make this work

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Picked the wrong Seahawk. Welp, all aboard the Flacco train.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Week 1, baby. Time to either get extremely confident or extremely worried after one week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm totally going to be sad about how my team performs after just one week, no doubt.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bruh, I was born extremely worried. :c00lbutt:

Edit: on that note I wish the Packers would just tell me Tonyan is or isn't playing so I can pick up a crappy WW TE!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 8, 2022

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
The CHUNT strikes fear into all whom face it. That is until one or both pieces of it are injured by midseason.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congrats jabro on that Buffalo D. Gabe Davis having a good night too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Perhaps the Buffalo punter wasnt the best idea...