Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress do i ever hate people who get a phone call and hold the phone out in front of em on the speaker

no one needs to hear that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress do i ever hate people who get a phone call and hold the phone out in front of em on the speaker

that was 300% started by reality tv shows

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Vintersorg posted:

a British guy was doing that loudly in a restaurant I was in the other night. I glared at him and he started mouthing off at me about how "there's no rule against it" and waving his arms around, so I told him there is a rule against being a twat. (everyone clapped etc. etc.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
and his phone was albert einstein

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Vintersorg posted:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jonny 290 posted:

yep, done because it made it easier to film now we're stuck with it as A Thing.

similar to how a bunch of real estate trends are only trends because they were easy to show off on camera after two days of work so they are mainstays in every HGTV flipping show.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

haveblue posted:

and his phone was albert einstein

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jonny 290 posted:

oh gently caress that makes so much sense lmao people are stupid as hell

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
so I’ve been wondering. what am I actually supposed to be hearing with spatial audio? the stuff I’ve tried so far sounds really narrow, not much stereo separation, and the head tracking doesn’t really add much to it. often the regular stereo version sounds better. on the other hand I really like the “spatialize stereo” option, it brings the sound out of my head and makes it sound clearer without sacrificing stereo separation. do I just have broken ears or something?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

so I’ve been wondering. what am I actually supposed to be hearing with spatial audio? the stuff I’ve tried so far sounds really narrow, not much stereo separation, and the head tracking doesn’t really add much to it. often the regular stereo version sounds better. on the other hand I really like the “spatialize stereo” option, it brings the sound out of my head and makes it sound clearer without sacrificing stereo separation. do I just have broken ears or something?

tbh im not picking it up either, but i cant tell if that's because im deaf or just because im listening to russian club music exclusively

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It's middlin' at best, not something i'm super impressed by. your takes are pretty accurate

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
it works ok for music. i think part of the problem is that they're expanding poo poo in post that was already just stereo to begin with

if you watch a movie or something with a 7.1 soundtrack or whatever it works pretty well, actually

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

it works ok for music. i think part of the problem is that they're expanding poo poo in post that was already just stereo to begin with

if you watch a movie or something with a 7.1 soundtrack or whatever it works pretty well, actually

right, a solid point to make. psychoacoustiscs are real, but stereo is still stereo. i should try watching ted lmao or something with it - i dont watch videos on my portable gadgets otherwise

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ted lmao

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

more like ted lame-o

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I just realized, where is the speaker on the iPhone 14 pro/max

i don't think they even made faceid smaller, they just moved the speaker

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

right, a solid point to make. psychoacoustiscs are real, but stereo is still stereo. i should try watching ted lmao or something with it - i dont watch videos on my portable gadgets otherwise

if you're gonna do it don't start with loving ted lmao

watch something with some real good audio mastering. the first jj abrams star trek is pretty crazy with spatial audio, the part where old spock mind melds is nuts if you get baked

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

spacial audio is good for video and bad for music, you can tell how much apple cares about it because everything else about their products is auto capitalised in ios including Lock Screen but spacial audio isn’t

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

njsykora posted:

spacial audio is good for video and bad for music, you can tell how much apple cares about it because everything else about their products is auto capitalised in ios including Lock Screen but spacial audio isn’t

might be because it's "spatial audio"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

drat Apple think they’re so spacial with their spelling words

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

if you're gonna do it don't start with loving ted lmao

watch something with some real good audio mastering. the first jj abrams star trek is pretty crazy with spatial audio, the part where old spock mind melds is nuts if you get baked

sounds like a decent idea actually, which i wouldn’t normally say about being recommended a marvel movie. cheers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

sounds like a decent idea actually, which i wouldn’t normally say about being recommended a marvel movie. cheers

enjoy, it's a fun movie and you can just imagine they're on a boat or something if the sci-fi parts piss you off lol

just don't... don't watch the sequels

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress do i ever hate people who make a phone call

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

oooh yah - one more day!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

oooh yah - one more day!

goongrats

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Me on a normal day: I can't believe your bullshit tim
Me on receiving goodies eve: oooh yah

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

No Mods No Masters posted:

20 minutes later: goddamn you tim what is this poo poo

two hours later: this is the best thing ever

love to be in an abusive relationship with my devices :v:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’m just stoked for concert photos :3:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/snazzyq/status/1570660079502004224

someone here complained about public wifi on ios 16

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so you have to select to do it over itunes then back out and choose wifi?

this would be like marrying someone and on the wedding night just as you about to have sex the other person says they want to watch a video to get you in the mood and it’s never gonna get you off by the rolling stones or whatever rick rolls are

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://twitter.com/snazzyq/status/1570660079502004224

someone here complained about public wifi on ios 16

hello, yes.

i wasn't activating the phone, but open networks are in fact completely broken

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

so you have to select to do it over itunes then back out and choose wifi?

you'd have to plug it into a computer running itunes or it would just fail to activate

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

on the scale of all possible bugs to have, this is impressively bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the fact that it breaks activation and oobe on the primary method for both in apple's own stores is hilarious and indicates the level of testing these releases get

e: lol. lmao

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 16, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

at least the fix on apple's end is fairly easy, they just have to create a wpa2 protected network for people to connect to during first-run in their stores.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

managed to get a pick up tomorrow and cancelled my order. pretty excited to be getting back to silver/white iPhone life ngl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate

enjoy