Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

love getting dressed to go to a family thing and doing another covid test to be sure, just for it to come back positive

for fucks sake

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: hooray i have been tested. supposed to get results in a day or two, but with tomorrow being sunday, i dunno :shrug:

holy poo poo this mcdonald's food i got on the way home is delicious

edit: although i can't stop double-checking myself as to whether or not i'm actually tasting the food. how do you know when you're tasting? what does it feel like? :aaa:

prefect fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 17, 2022

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cls: tired this morning, but need to get ready for a date this afternoon

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag posted:

love getting dressed to go to a family thing and doing another covid test to be sure, just for it to come back positive

for fucks sake

sorry to hear the antibiotics didn't work

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

whats "lmao" about it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PokeJoe posted:

:captainpop:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

PokeJoe posted:

lol

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

PokeJoe posted:

:laugh:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PokeJoe posted:

roofle

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

oh yo suddenly it doesnt hurt to swallow anymore

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

that’s a good feeling!

when it hurts to eat pizza is the ultimate sad times

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I did more testing on my hair conditioner.

I need a tablespoon of the good stuff when I work it in. More if I don't want to spend ten minutes on it.

Cheap stuff is three tablespoons, but it's literally 1/6th the price of the good stuff. Stylist opinion is there's no difference for long term hair care. (The good stuff does help if it's especially staticky outside.)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

prefect posted:

cls: hooray i have been tested. supposed to get results in a day or two, but with tomorrow being sunday, i dunno :shrug:

edit: although i can't stop double-checking myself as to whether or not i'm actually tasting the food. how do you know when you're tasting? what does it feel like? :aaa:

lol god drat you prefect i think you made me get mcdonalds

it was delicious but man am i sleepy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

endlessmonotony posted:

I did more testing on my hair conditioner.

I need a tablespoon of the good stuff when I work it in. More if I don't want to spend ten minutes on it.

Cheap stuff is three tablespoons, but it's literally 1/6th the price of the good stuff. Stylist opinion is there's no difference for long term hair care. (The good stuff does help if it's especially staticky outside.)

you bring spoons into the shower?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

prefect posted:

you bring spoons into the shower?

You don't?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

long hair is a lot of bullshit

but the results are worth it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also the cheap stuff is literally 2.6e per liter.

I have to use a lot more, but it's still cheaper in the long run.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

PokeJoe posted:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

prefect posted:

hey did you know they can do the test thing at a cvs drive-thru? so cool. signed up for an hour for now

prefect posted:

yeah walgreens offers drive-thru pcr testing too. they also have a "rapid naat test" which works kind of like the pcr test but they have a machine on site to test with, so you don't have to wait for the sample to get shipped to a lab. i took one today and they sent me the results in about an hour.

although last week saturday i got the actual lab pcr test because i got exposed big time (drove my folks home from the hospital, mom popped hot with symptoms the next day) and even then they sent me the test results late the next day. it can vary.

also lol at you freaking out over "what is taste??" buddy just go get something spicy or sweet. my understanding is when it clobbers your sense of taste it's not like "oh things are a little off" it's just gone. i remember reading that supposedly it's an immune response - basically the body isolates the taste/smell nerves to try and prevent infection from following the nerves up to the brain. idk if that's really accurate but it's kind of interesting. it wasn't unheard of prior to covid but it's gotten a lot more attention in the last couple years for obvious reasons

Vintersorg posted:

for the rapid tests you need to shove that thing to the back of your throat and then swab up to your brain

and you have to get someone else to do it unless you’re a sick gently caress who loves that poo poo

otherwise the tests barely work

idk about "barely", also have you taken a pcr test lately? they basically have you swab the same parts as the take-home test. they ain't shoving swabs deep into your sinus cavities any more.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
yeah the anosmia is actually super weird to experience, literally it's there one moment and just gone the next. that's why i didn't really say much on that point, you'd absolutely know it because it'd be more like "uhh these mcdonalds textures are pretty goddamn weird". it also comes and goes (or at least it did for me), so it was super hard to pin down at first. since the first time around i caught it super early (must've been in the last days of feb. '20) that wasn't even a widely reported symptom and many others weren't either, so i thought i was just losing it entirely in general

although it seems like that symptom is diminished somewhat with the newer omicron variants and thank gently caress i haven't seemed to catch one of those

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I got covid like a month ago, so I assume it was one of the omicrons. I had 2 bad days of fever and chills and shaking, then 5 days of an annoying cold, then gone. Didn't lose my sense of smell and have no lasting effects that I have noticed. (3x Pfizer).

Given that it's going to be an endemic disease, it's good that it seems to be getting milder and the vaccines at least make it less serious.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

when i had covid earlier this year and lost my sense of smell, i managed to both eat some bad leftovers and then burn the poo poo out of a pan because of not being able to smell things. i just stopped eating cooked food for a couple weeks before it came back lol

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

three of the four people living here have covid. i haven’t tested positive. it inevitable though. this place is tiny.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hbag posted:

oh yo suddenly it doesnt hurt to swallow anymore

nvm i took a nap and it came back

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The Fool posted:

if you haven't wasted half a spool of desoldering wick because you were melting solder directly into it you haven't lived

what how the gently caress are you supposed to use it then? isn’t it supposed to soak up solder already on the board?????

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hbag posted:

nvm i took a nap and it came back

go to a doctor already!!! health is of utmost importance and ya don’t wanna gently caress with it

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cls: It's been ages since I really "tied one on" and hanging out with my former coworkers last night sure did a number on me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

*furiously googling what tied one on means*

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

what how the gently caress are you supposed to use it then? isn’t it supposed to soak up solder already on the board?????

I was implying that I was melting the solder for fun and not actually having a board to remove solder from

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pollyanna posted:

yes but max capillary action comes from the end. so you snip it off till its clean, fray it a bit, and kind of feed it into the side of the joint. zoop. sucks it up way better than trying to lay it on top

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1570673328075182081

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

one of those wine and painting places but it's called rye-dye

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

everyone knows you need to take dewormer

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Sorry, I should've said "strapped one on"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/girlsmetal666/status/1570717761667731461

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

thats a career ender

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Given that it's going to be an endemic disease,

Lol

It’s far too infectious to ever be endemic, you’re looking at a permanent pandemic. Enjoy getting it twice or more a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My manager has had it at least three times now that I know of and his brain is all hosed up