Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

This is p neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV1C-41tq64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

:mood:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
below deck is a good show so sailing must be rad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

counterpoint: i stayed on a small sailing boat with some friends for two nights and it sucked balls apart from the bits where we were on land

a client of mine was complaining to me about being so bored to tears on a yacht in the mediterranean that after ten days he took a four hour ferry and 11 hours of flights just to leave early.

it was difficult to express my sympathy

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
must of ran out of drugs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ive never been on a yacht idk how much stuff there is to do

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

i suppose that's why there's so many murders on them, something to relieve the tedium

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i figure you're supposed to fill them with prostitutes otherwise what's the point :shrug:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Let me go hang out in the middle of the sea with no one else but my family

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Perplx posted:

must of ran out of drugs

they're one of those people who seem like they must be on some kind of stimulant but as far as i can tell they're not, this is just their natural state, 24/7

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

those people are high on life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i wish I was high on drugs

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I want to go on a glass-bottom boat so I can look at the fish without getting in the water myself, where something might touch my foot

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

do some then you will be

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i did some drugs in the woods a few weeks ago and then threw up on the riverbank

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

don't do drugs kids

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

aw frig aw dang it posted:

where something might touch my foot

eughh! the worst

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ok but does it run doom?

but seriously, i'm impressed with the amount of work she's put into this. did she put a pick-and-place machine in her basement?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

i did some drugs in the woods a few weeks ago and then threw up on the riverbank

couldn't you just hurl next to a tree, or in the middle of an open field?

getting a bunch of fish and crawdads stoned

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

the pharmacist's kids inner child goes without

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

do you have this bookmarked

ive never been able to play any c&c except the original :mad:

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I loved canoeing so much when I was a kid it's a frickin' blast

i have never canoed. i've rowed in a row boat and that loving sucked

DE is half off this week on the switch store

yummycheese posted:

but the people that do it often are cool as hell and when you get somewhere its always a big party you get to celebrate with other people who were on the passage.

gosh i bet this is a feeling

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
here ya go rotor

https://twitter.com/barbaracrampton/status/1569560974172225536?s=20&t=eL9LRNWjmrPlQ0pYh_fJPQ

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

so jealous

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

this is so sick. i wish I had the disposable income to get one

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

infernal machines posted:

couldn't you just hurl next to a tree, or in the middle of an open field?

getting a bunch of fish and crawdads stoned

i could, but I did not

echinopsis posted:

so jealous

it's not all it's cracked up to be

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

LibCrusher posted:

this is so sick. i wish I had the disposable income to get one

get a bripe instead

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

i could, but I did not

it's not all it's cracked up to be

mate you and I both know it was good

I drank a whole lot of cactus juice once and threw up. gently caress those were the days

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

mate you and I both know it was good

I drank a whole lot of cactus juice once and threw up. gently caress those were the days

i am starting to get the fear

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

I've been on and off considering one of those tiny rear end sailboats what you can plop on top of the car or w/e

I have one of these, a "laser." unfortunately the place I keep it is really busy and you can't safely go anywhere, so the only thing to really do with it is race, which I'm not really into. I do know a place that you can sail up to boat-access-only campsites and that's high on the to do list. anyway if you want to have a boat I'd say something like this is the best price to fun ratio

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Truman Peyote posted:

I have one of these, a "laser." unfortunately the place I keep it is really busy and you can't safely go anywhere, so the only thing to really do with it is race, which I'm not really into. I do know a place that you can sail up to boat-access-only campsites and that's high on the to do list. anyway if you want to have a boat I'd say something like this is the best price to fun ratio

here is my ‘84 16’ hobie cat:

sailed once.

net cost $3000

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

here is my ‘84 16’ hobie cat:

sailed once.

net cost $3000

drat. you should sail it again, those things can really rip and they're fun as hell

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

you really ought to sail that thing more.

i have a hobie 18 and it’s unreal how fun that thing is

helps if you sign up with your local hobie fleet and attend their events

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Truman Peyote posted:

drat. you should sail it again, those things can really rip and they're fun as hell

the tow hitch car got sold and before the next summer when i was gonna maybe get another car hitch i donated the boat to a university student sailing club for a tax deduction :-/.

it’s getting used now at least.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

im not sure what it is but rarely do I see anyone younger than Gen X show up to go sailing with us.

I am the youngest member who regularly shows up and i now realize im in my late thirties.

but its honestly cheap’ish and fun.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yospos mid-life crisis thread: i should buy a boat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

randomwaffle hits the bull's eye:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:hmmyes:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Sailing on the Baltic sea around the Danish isles is pretty cool actually. You spend a few hours at sea on your way to the harbour, stay there until you want to move on, you plot your next route in the evening and by morning sail away to the next harbour. You do that until your vacation is half over, and plot a string of single-day trips until you're back home.

Marstal is pretty. Strynø is so small you can go on a walk to circumnavigate the entire island, and the same is true for a lot of the other islands like Bjarnø and Lyø.

What I would never recommend is trying something idiotic like Sassnitz -> Bornholm. Just utter misery even with favourable wind and weather.

Sailing through 6 Bft wind with proper gear and letting the wind blow the dust out of your skull is a great experience, there's just something about being between the waves that makes you forget about "multiple inheritance" and "constructors" and "containers" and other irrelevant garbage.

It's just too bad that boat maintenance is a ridiculous drain and a massive pain in the rear end.

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 18, 2022