Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Since it seems gumball was sitting -1 for awhile that might be a decent vote to see through today, if gumball is town scum wouldn't have looked bad coming in and ensuring some lunch happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
RIP Merk

I don't like how much they were pushing to get rid of Gumball before the deadline

##vote The Science of Suck

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I forgot that my initial thread participation post didn't count and had only posted 9 times instead of 10, because I am a product of the Stocktonian educational system.

As the only person who voted for merk, I now feel I am being framed, and am deeply suspicious of ilmucche, but not yet convinced to rescind my lack of belief in the death penalty.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

so what's the idea now - we look at where the votes went and who died and try to deduce who is scum?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RIP Merk

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

RIP Merk

I don't like how much they were pushing to get rid of Gumball before the deadline

i didn’t push anything? i made one post about a scummy post gumball did and then my next post was bumping the thread before deadline. do u mean that second post?

do u think gumball is town? if so, why?

what’s it like being ik?

sorry for slipping that last one in, i know it’s not relevant to the game but i guess i’m just a curious george

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

CommonShore posted:

so what's the idea now - we look at where the votes went and who died and try to deduce who is scum?

yah that’s one way to play but in this case voting patterns won’t tell us much imo because we didn’t get a flip out of voting

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Science of Suck posted:

yah that’s one way to play but in this case voting patterns won’t tell us much imo because we didn’t get a flip out of voting

would other info have come to us if Gumball Gumption had been killed? Would it have revealed if they were town or scum?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

would other info have come to us if Gumball Gumption had been killed? Would it have revealed if they were town or scum?

The way my friends played back in the day, yes.

But I don't know exactly how that works on play-by-post so maybe not?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

CommonShore posted:

yes, in most games i’ve played the dearly departed have their roles revealed and i think that’s probably standard since flips are normally the only way for town players to get alignment info but someone with more recent experience might have a different answer about how games are run in that case sorry for making you read this run on sentence and i hope you have a great evening

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

i didn’t push anything? i made one post about a scummy post gumball did and then my next post was bumping the thread before deadline. do u mean that second post?

do u think gumball is town? if so, why?

what’s it like being ik?

sorry for slipping that last one in, i know it’s not relevant to the game but i guess i’m just a curious george

I'm referring to the second post. I took it as looking for a push to get rid of someone

At this point, I'm not 100% convinced Gumball is Nick Diaz Army, I'm just suspicious of the aforementioned behavior.

I was "guest IK" of here for doing well on a MMA picks contest. I never once used any buttons, not even for a comedy 6er.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Oh no, not Merk.

I guess.

Live by the streets, die by the streets.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The IK functions page is badly designed.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

For a long time I thought they just forgot to take my IK buttons away after my comedy month was up and then I realized it probably saves Brut time on not having to be bugged to close the MMA threads.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hmm I get that we need info but it's hard to see how accidentally killing one of our own good residents of the 209, and having found out that we killed one of the 209, would have made up for it. Do the scum already know who is who at this point? Is the idea that we would have known that most of the people voting for that person would be scum?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

Hmm I get that we need info but it's hard to see how accidentally killing one of our own good residents of the 209, and having found out that we killed one of the 209, would have made up for it. Do the scum already know who is who at this point? Is the idea that we would have known that most of the people voting for that person would be scum?

Mechanically it would make sense for the scum, also known as dorks in the park, to know who they are.

How else will they play touch butt?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm referring to the second post. I took it as looking for a push to get rid of someone

At this point, I'm not 100% convinced Gumball is Nick Diaz Army, I'm just suspicious of the aforementioned behavior.

I was "guest IK" of here for doing well on a MMA picks contest. I never once used any buttons, not even for a comedy 6er.

yeah that’s fair, i was pushing to get rid of somebody and would likely even move my vote just to avoid not lynching because more info is generally better imo. for example, if gumball had flipped and was scum that puts certain d1 interactions in a new light but since nothing came of the voting then we’re kind of in the same position as d1 except merk is gone

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

what’s everyone’s experience level with mafia? mine is 69. j/k i’ve never had sex. i’ve played mafia here and there but it feels like a couple years since the last time i played where i got modkilled for not posting enough. so my goal for this game besides winning is to post hard and often!

hmmm… i don’t know what a hedge vote is but i think you have the wrong impression overall because my voting is always serious. democracy is no joke!

Science of Suck eventually started leaning on CommonShore after this but these early posts are not sitting well with me now that I have had time to go over posts from Day 1. You've played before but didn't know what people were referring to when they say "hedge vote?" :hmmno:

CarlCX posted:

I forgot that my initial thread participation post didn't count and had only posted 9 times instead of 10, because I am a product of the Stocktonian educational system.

As the only person who voted for merk, I now feel I am being framed, and am deeply suspicious of ilmucche, but not yet convinced to rescind my lack of belief in the death penalty.

I am inclined to agree with this, just cuz nothing you have said before has struck me as scummy :shrug:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

yeah that’s fair, i was pushing to get rid of somebody and would likely even move my vote just to avoid not lynching because more info is generally better imo. for example, if gumball had flipped and was scum that puts certain d1 interactions in a new light but since nothing came of the voting then we’re kind of in the same position as d1 except merk is gone

This is why the d1 lunch is actually pretty useful. I found it really weird that merk, as a seasoned maf player, didn't switch their vote to gumball despite being one of the last few posts before deadline just to get the lunch done

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Thread activity a bit low. I hope people post. Don't want any Nick Diaz Army members to get got due to inactivity

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm still not sure what we have to work with here. Carl is being a bit suspicious with the "vote for Merk makes me suspicious haha I hope that nobody thinks I'm scum because of it haha" bit but that's like... the only thing we have to work with I guess.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Are the scum able to coordinate during hte day?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Are the scum able to coordinate during hte day?

i dont know, u tell me

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

CommonShore posted:

I'm still not sure what we have to work with here. Carl is being a bit suspicious with the "vote for Merk makes me suspicious haha I hope that nobody thinks I'm scum because of it haha" bit but that's like... the only thing we have to work with I guess.

is this where we pull a The Thing and start testing each other's blood because I have a lot of various lengths of wire

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CarlCX posted:

is this where we pull a The Thing and start testing each other's blood because I have a lot of various lengths of wire

that sounds suspiciously similar to "I'm the mysterious pee collector and I'm here on behalf of USADA."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Surprised I didn't get lunched. Surprised there isn't a bunch of votes now considering how scummy people thought I was.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

The Science of Suck (1): LobsterMobster

Not Voting (11): Bluedeanie, CarlCX, CommonShore, Dirt Road Junglist, George Kansas, Gumball Gumption, ilmucche, Mekchu, Nep-Nep, The Science of Suck, TheTofuShop

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 18th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 37 minutes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think yeah I'll also pair up and vote for Science of Suck based off not much else to go off of.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I'm still suspicious of all y'all.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm inclined to also vote for Science of Suck but it's mostly because I feel like we still have no information whatsoever and won't get any without doing something, which sure does seem like a bad justification for murder, so I'm open to strategic advice.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What makes it hard is that nobody is posting anything and nobody is answering my questions. Seriously, are the scum able to communicate during the day? Are they talking about us right now?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

What makes it hard is that nobody is posting anything and nobody is answering my questions. Seriously, are the scum able to communicate during the day? Are they talking about us right now?

You mean can they chat between each other outside of the thread during the day portion? I would say no they shouldn't be allowed to do that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But yes people should be posting more but it is also a weekend so :shrug:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CommonShore posted:

scum are able to communicate, generally via discord. it's like the one type of out of thread communication allowed

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I think what makes it harder is this

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I want everyone to look me in the eye and tell me you aren't scum.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

I want everyone to look me in the eye and tell me you aren't scum.

This is a scum play, Nick Diaz would NEVER make direct eye contact

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##Vote LobsterMobster

Biggest Nick Diaz poser.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Look at these scared homies

also i wanted to share this little snippet of when the skrap pack hung out with anthony bourdain

https://twitter.com/BigToneTrader/status/1005130059206791168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bourdain was the best.