Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

NeverHelm posted:

...Ok. CPig, I'm still not sure if I can trust you and you didn't do this last time I asked but... Would you mind daycopping Circl so we can sort this out?

Okay I did this. What he says is how the role works, think of the bodyguard more like a 1 shot bp that you have to activate in order to use instead of being passive, the bodyguard dying is more like a flavor thing it seems. circl would have known if he was the kill target, and honestly after yesterday I don't see why scum wouldn't try to kill circl.

Also fyi, I used my ability yesterday before I saw your request so don't try to make it seem like I purposely ignored you, thanks.

I still think we need to see meen's flip, I've inteded to use my power on him twice in a row but there's always something that needs confirming coming up.

I can't see two similar shop roles and having both be town.

##vote meen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

What he says about the role is how the role works

mafia edit to add missing words

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

CapitalistPig posted:

Okay I did this. What he says about the role is how the role works, think of the bodyguard more like a 1 shot bp that you have to activate in order to use instead of being passive, the bodyguard dying is more like a flavor thing it seems. circl would have known if he was the kill target, and honestly after yesterday I don't see why scum wouldn't try to kill circl.

Also fyi, I used my ability yesterday before I saw your request so don't try to make it seem like I purposely ignored you, thanks.

I still think we need to see meen's flip, I've inteded to use my power on him twice in a row but there's always something that needs confirming coming up.

I can't see two similar shop roles and having both be town.

##vote meen
...Really now. I've rolecopped CirclMastr myself. I've seen Circl's role PM. And it made no mention of any of this. It just says you send an adventurer to do one of four things: Track, Watch, Voyeur or Bodyguard, it doesn't count as a visit, you can't go to the same person twice in a row, and if your action fails somehow that power is lost permanently. In other words, what Circl already claimed in the thread. Where the hell did you get all this info from, when it's not in the role PM? I've also noticed you helpfully left out CirclMastr's alignment in this post.

I'm sorry but this post stinks. I'm pretty sure you are lying. ##vote CapitalistPig

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

2 Will say I absolutely have seen two equal roles be town just for purpose of confusion. Believe it was Disney Mafia latest example: two Millers, both town.

Sandwolf posted:

Honest question, would me not being here clear anything up for anyone?

If you have win in front of you, take it, I say. Death is give in to scum who want to delay town as long as possible.

NeverHelm posted:

...Really now. I've rolecopped CirclMastr myself. I've seen Circl's role PM. And it made no mention of any of this. It just says you send an adventurer to do one of four things: Track, Watch, Voyeur or Bodyguard, it doesn't count as a visit, you can't go to the same person twice in a row, and if your action fails somehow that power is lost permanently. In other words, what Circl already claimed in the thread. Where the hell did you get all this info from, when it's not in the role PM? I've also noticed you helpfully left out CirclMastr's alignment in this post.

I'm sorry but this post stinks. I'm pretty sure you are lying. ##vote CapitalistPig

Excellent to have this on top of already stinky mechanic spec that there is definitely one town and one scum shopkeep so that town may lunch both me and Sandwolf and waste time.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

3 Forgot vote ##vote CapitalistPig

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

CapitalistPig (4): PsychoSoldier, CirclMastr, NeverHelm, Ignatius M. Meen
Ignatius M. Meen (1): CirclMastr, CirclMastr, CapitalistPig
Grandicap (0): CirclMastr, CirclMastr
NeverHelm (0): CirclMastr, CirclMastr

Not Voting (3): Grandicap, Hyper Crab Tank, Sandwolf

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 20th, 2022 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

4 Sandwolf, I got your potion. Mod mistake only reason I did not say as much.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

NeverHelm posted:

You are wayyy overthinking this.

I got the full role pm, circl is town.

I would have assumed you would reach the same conclusion based on how these roles work.

Bodyguard equals dead, meaning the adventurer circl sends to do the bodyguard dies when it is used

You're really stretching here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Like I've been modding games for the past 10 years here, I'm thiinking about this like a mod,

Essentially circls role boils down to a joat but with his charges of track watch and voyeur being dependent on whether they fail or not, being used if they do.

The role doesn't state the bodyguard is used when it sucessfully pops a kill but from a mod perspective it makes sense that if it's a bodyguard the "adventurer" that circl sends would die as that is how the bodyguard role works.

Which would explain also how circl knew he was the one that was the kill target.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

CapitalistPig posted:

You are wayyy overthinking this.

I got the full role pm, circl is town.

I would have assumed you would reach the same conclusion based on how these roles work.

Bodyguard equals dead, meaning the adventurer circl sends to do the bodyguard dies when it is used

You're really stretching here.
What about the part where Circl would supposedly know if he was the kill target? Sure, if some flavor popped up during the night, maybe Circl would know. But why are you so sure he would know? You stated it like it was a fact that it works this way. But you seeing his role PM would not confirm it in any way. You should not be confident enough to say it like that. At best you could say its inconclusive. It's your confidence in that post that's suspicious.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong about how it works. But you are saying you made an assumption and stated that as fact.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

NeverHelm posted:

I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong about how it works. But you are saying you made an assumption and stated that as fact.

Maybe stating it as fact was an overstep but it all connects in my brain.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Here's the thing. I asked you to rolecop Circl to verify if his power works that way. You claim you did, and said that it does. But what you would have seen does not verify it at all. And you didn't say that. Instead you acted like it did, and now you're trying to backpedal. This is not what you say if you've seen Circl's role PM:

CapitalistPig posted:

Okay I did this. What he says is how the role works,
It would make more sense to say "it's inconclusive, but it might work that way and it would still make sense". If I could not challenge you on this then your "overstep" would go completely unnoticed by anyone except for CirclMastr. And if Circl is scum with you playing a long game then that doesn't matter. But even if he isn't I still don't like the tone of your post. You could have just said the above and been telling the truth, instead you dressed up a bunch of mechanics speculation up as your result.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

NeverHelm posted:

Here's the thing. I asked you to rolecop Circl to verify if his power works that way. You claim you did, and said that it does. But what you would have seen does not verify it at all. And you didn't say that. Instead you acted like it did, and now you're trying to backpedal. This is not what you say if you've seen Circl's role PM:

It would make more sense to say "it's inconclusive, but it might work that way and it would still make sense". If I could not challenge you on this then your "overstep" would go completely unnoticed by anyone except for CirclMastr. And if Circl is scum with you playing a long game then that doesn't matter. But even if he isn't I still don't like the tone of your post. You could have just said the above and been telling the truth, instead you dressed up a bunch of mechanics speculation up as your result.

Whatever. I didn't lie. You are wrong.

I made an assumption on how a role worked based on 10 loving years of modding games here.

Lunch me if you want.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Good luck town ##abscond and win

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Sandwolf skips town with a win.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

CapitalistPig (4): PsychoSoldier, CirclMastr, NeverHelm, Ignatius M. Meen
Ignatius M. Meen (1): CirclMastr, CirclMastr, CapitalistPig
Grandicap (0): CirclMastr, CirclMastr
NeverHelm (0): CirclMastr, CirclMastr

Not Voting (2): Grandicap, Hyper Crab Tank

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 20th, 2022 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 1 day, 15 hours.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: CapitalistPig, The Shadow (Scum-Aligned Assassin) was lunched Day 7. :rip:

quote:

You are a mysterious assassin for hire. Next to nothing is known about you as you are masked at all times. The only thing that people know for certain is that you do your job and you do it well.

During the day, you can ##Gather Intel on a target (private action). You will receive the target’s full role PM.

At night, you are protected from any effects that are triggered from you targeting a certain player, or them targeting you, as long as you have previously investigated that player.

If you are the only member of your team alive, your actions no longer count as visits entirely.

Your goal is to be uncontestably in control of the vote.

---

It is now Night 7. No lurker warnings.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: NeverHelm, Candes Nerielle (Town-Aligned Baron) was killed Night 7. :rip:

quote:

You are the baron of a minor noble house. Happily married, you recently were given a noble title thanks to your daughter’s achievements.

Oh dear, your daughter. Recently she has been acting very weird, and you’ve started to worry. But surely, it will be fine.

You can talk to the rest of your family at any time. You can talk to the rest of your family at any time. You know that your wife Nep-Nep is Town, but you are unsure about your daughter’s alignment.

Your goal is to get rid of all evildoers.

---

It is now Day 8.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 18, 2022

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I'm sad about this, but I am now officially town-aligned. Which kind of makes me wonder if the "savior" thing was fake writeup information from Cloaca. Thinking the results of my action being successful was a result of other things like giving away my pet monster.

With Sand being 3p, I'm assuming there's still one more scum left. I have some info on who Never should have jailed last night(assuming he couldn't be blocked), but I'd like to hear who Grandi jailed first.

As it is, we have Meen, Grandi, Circl, and HCT left.

I still feel like Grandi doesn't do a lot of the things he did if he's scum. The one thing holding me off is maybe the homonculus came from the remaining scum which would mean he would know that hammering Hal would do nothing.

I still want to trust Circl based on things I've said. He's also been playing very townsided and helped bury at least two partners though when it wasn't necessary. They could have buried me on D3 and then saved ASF for the next day and they'd be in a much better position.

So it's Meen or HCT. Occam's Razor says Meen, but then a lot of the scum team was focused on bussing (Like CPig for example). The paranoia I'm having on HCT is the fact they were trying to keep us from hammering Cloaca and didn't seem to really be solving worlds as much as discrediting other people's theories that led to just chopping straight into CPig after Cloacamazing.

So, I probably vote one of those two pending certain night actions and such

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I tracked Meen to nobody last night.

##vote HCT

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I would also like to hear from Grandicap. But from where I'm sitting, there are only two candidates left, and I do not think it's Iggy. I trust PsychoSoldier and CirclMastr completely at this stage, the masonry pretty much solved this game and I feel kind of bad for being too distracted with the other one to participate.

Anyway, that only leaves Grandicap. So. Let's hear what you did last night.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Or, I should say, it could well be Iggy, I suppose. But we shouldn't rush into this. I hate that you can't trust me though, because if you did, the game would be 100% solved by just voting Grandicap and Iggy in some order or another.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

WTF! I jailed never last night and was told my action was successful.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Hmm. Iggy, what did you do last night? CirclMastr says you went nowhere, but let's hear it.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Grandicap posted:

WTF! I jailed never last night and was told my action was successful.

Now THIS is interesting

I'd also like to hear what Iggy did at night

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Hyper Crab Tank (1): CirclMastr

Not Voting (4): Grandicap, Hyper Crab Tank, Ignatius M. Meen, PsychoSoldier

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 21st, 2022 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Oh, that reminds me, CirclMastr I appreciate the posting gimmick but we're getting to the point where stray votes might actually be dangerous, so maybe we could start making an exception?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It's football right now, so I will be sporadic for the next 3ish hours.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Based on CPig's rolecard, I don't think the final killer would be untrackable necessarily? But I do think there's a good chance the killer had a strongman

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

While we wait for Iggy to check in, I have a question for PsychoSoldier. After your role card changed the first time, you had two actions, yes? Without quoting or anything, what did that look like? Did you get two separate results from Yami each night?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

So, my analyze action is a day action. I'd be told what item I received at the start of the night phase, as well as a description. No clarification of whether it was successful or not other than the fact I received it. I analyzed every day and always got an item.

My Give action is a night action. If I gave it to one of my masons(Wind included when she joined), they would get it instantly and it essentially counted as a bonus action. Because of that, they could use it that same night, and I'm assuming there was no way to block it in that fashion. I know that because I got a potion on N1 and tried to drink it, but that failed, even though I successfully gave my item to Never. We know I was jailed that night, so that goes to show if I wasn't giving the item to someone outside the masonry, I couldn't be blocked.

Drinking potions or giving anything away to a non-mason counted as an action.

So, N1, I gave the item I analyzed from Wind to Never, and tried to drink my potion. I was told my action failed, was not given any indication of whether I successfully gave my item outside of Never confirming he got it.

So I don't think I was told about successful actions when it came to my bonus action.

N2, I gave the message I analyzed from Cloaca to Wind. I also gave the item to SporkChan. I was not told whether my actions were successful that night(I just confirmed with Yami and I don't still have the potion, so I'm guessing it WAS successful). Instead I got all the flavor text about being saved from a kill and my wincon changing. From N3 on, I had "two" actions each night - the Give and the Focus. I was told that the Focus works on addition to other abilities I have. I'm assuming it was in theory blockable, but not getting a result about giving away a potion and my focus action yielding pretty non-descript results is strengthening my theory that me becoming a survivor was Cloaca's flavor ability changing my text about my action being successful.

N3, I give the item from Analyzing HCT to Cloacamazing because at the time I trusted her and wanted someone outside the masonry to be able to confirm(plus was a good way of seeing what Cloaca would do with the info). I completely forgot to Focus. I was told my action was successful(which should be true since Cloaca verified).

N4, I gave the item I analyzed from CPig to Nep. I focused on HCT and was told Nothing of Note Happened when the night phase ended.

N5, I gave another rolecop I analyzed from CPig to Never. I focused on CPig. I was told my action was successful and I received a Pet Monster(which should have came from CPig).

N6, I gave the jail I got from Grandi to Never. I focused on Circl and then gave the pet monster to CPig. I was told my action was successful.

N7, I gave another jail to Never. I also focused on HCT to try and difference check if it would say something other than "Nothing of Note Happened," because I was beginning to wonder if that was also a part of my writeup being manipulated. I wasn't told if my action was successful as I got flavor about my alignment changing after Never died.

I was never given two separate results. I was only told if my action succeeded or failed, and in some cases just got differing flavor text. The one time I got anything that would qualify as two separate results was when I was told my action was successful and I was told I received a Pet monster on the same night

So yeah, I'm largely believing that flavor about my role changing to survivor was complete bullshit

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Also, HCT, could you share what you did last night?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Understandable if you want to wait for Meen, but I'd like a more full picture before I put what I know about our side of actions (our being me and Never)

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

PsychoSoldier posted:

Also, HCT, could you share what you did last night?

I would really like to wait for Meen, if possible. I'm being a little paranoid, I know, but these next few votes are going to make or break the game. Going to read your action account now, hold on.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

PsychoSoldier posted:

N7, I gave another jail to Never. I also focused on HCT to try and difference check if it would say something other than "Nothing of Note Happened," because I was beginning to wonder if that was also a part of my writeup being manipulated. I wasn't told if my action was successful as I got flavor about my alignment changing after Never died.

Did you get absolutely nothing N7? Because yeah it really sounds to me like that entire everything was just bullshit from Cloaca. The only real successes you got real messages for were giving things to other people, with the exception of things given within your masonry, which should have showed nothing.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I would really like to wait for Meen, if possible. I'm being a little paranoid, I know, but these next few votes are going to make or break the game. Going to read your action account now, hold on.

Totally understandable. If you're town, then you and I probably have the most telling information based on the claims so far. And if you're scum, I don't think your claim makes much difference anyway? But yeah, whenever Meen shows up or you grow impatient, is appreciate it.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Did you get absolutely nothing N7? Because yeah it really sounds to me like that entire everything was just bullshit from Cloaca. The only real successes you got real messages for were giving things to other people, with the exception of things given within your masonry, which should have showed nothing.

Yeah, every other night I had done something, so it makes sense. And I don't think I would have had my alignment change like my initial rolecard pointed out.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Basically, I'm at a world where everyone is telling the truth so far which means it can only be one person, or a world where one of the claims for tonight are lying/hiding something and the liar, obviously, is scum.

But I think I now know the two people it can be between.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Like I'm pretty sure I know the only two possibilities of what happened, but I want to hear Meen and your claim to be absolutely sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Do you know who NeverHelm intended to jail? Don't tell me yet, just checking that you think you know.