Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Spamton [rear end]!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

life_source posted:

Are you telling me this is a troupe of people who do stuff in this style regularly? Link please.

their gameclam streams are probably the best analog to what's showing now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-LJ22pc76w

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh. A knife!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I want the Spamton knife

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

My GOD we've been FOOLED!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

even spamton a spamton going to get kicked out

sassenach
Jul 22, 2022
i knew it the simulation was going to break apart

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Run Spamton A Spamton RUN!!!!!!!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Why was Wayne in Morioh?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I understand completely.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Think my favorite Wayne stream is tied between the watching all of the Simpsons episodes at once in VR or the FF7R stream that had people send him faxes.

TERMINAL SONICITUS
Dec 24, 2012

He...he went so fast...
That was perfect

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Why does Wayne always get killed by virtual horrors

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

A Bystander posted:

Think my favorite Wayne stream is tied between the watching all of the Simpsons episodes at once in VR or the FF7R stream that had people send him faxes.

fax stream is an all timer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYcpZJVmXvU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Was expecting a giant [pipis] to attack, like the bubble in The Prisoner.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i wonder if any of those phone numbers were real but i do not doubt someone has already tried

also, that was an experience i was not prepared for in the least

quote:

friend, [9/18/2022 6:23 PM]
How do you come up with this

me, [9/18/2022 6:23 PM]
i don't know if i want the answer to that

me, [9/18/2022 6:23 PM]
i definitely do not want the answer to that

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RIP Spamton A Spamon

Also kill your tv

With a battering ram

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp, that's our show! Spamton's dead!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

zetamind2000 posted:

RIP Spamton A Spamon

Also kill your tv

With a battering ram

I'll coat my TV with mayonnaise and slimes!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/wayneradiotv/status/1571679664892153858

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

rko
Jul 12, 2017
https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1571690748642496513

FWIW, I think it’s really cool that instead of leaning into the whole “genius solo creator” mode, Toby Fox has consistently been incredibly generous with the spotlight and keen to give a platform to other artists he admires. It‘s made Deltarune a richer work, for sure.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

rko posted:

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1571690748642496513

FWIW, I think it’s really cool that instead of leaning into the whole “genius solo creator” mode, Toby Fox has consistently been incredibly generous with the spotlight and keen to give a platform to other artists he admires. It‘s made Deltarune a richer work, for sure.

Wait, so in the freedom ending Spamton still dies?

I guess in a way that's the ultimate freedom...

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Venuz Patrol posted:

their gameclam streams are probably the best analog to what's showing now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-LJ22pc76w

there's also the stream where he was abducted by homer simpson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGknchxsfv0 (and the followup after his friends acted like he didn't exist for a week where he played simpsons hit and run while covered in slime and acting like he'd been drugged, but I can't find a vod of that)

e: apparently the simpsons-hit-and-run-covered-in-slime stream is lost content. as an alternative, consider the full stream that "THERE IS NO FRIDGE" came from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTRuM4Dvlv8

i don't wanna get your hopes up and say every one of his streams is like this, but he does some weird avant garde poo poo every few months

President Ark fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 19, 2022

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, he usually lets people know when he's going to do something like this ahead of time and it'll be really clear that it is going to happen, and most of the time, he's usually just goofin' with his chat and some friends while playing games.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I hope at some point someone collates all this info into one place where I can read it all. I'm not really interested in treasure hunts or meta stuff like this, I mostly just wanna experience the game and if this info is going to end up necessary to understanding the plot later I'm gonna feel a bit left out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alxprit posted:

I hope at some point someone collates all this info into one place where I can read it all. I'm not really interested in treasure hunts or meta stuff like this, I mostly just wanna experience the game and if this info is going to end up necessary to understanding the plot later I'm gonna feel a bit left out.

I doubt you'll need to go through this to understand the plot. So far it just seems to be an elaborate preview showing a tiny bit of chapter 3 and hinting at future plot points. Things like Kris being an anime will probably come up in the game proper when appropriate.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Alxprit posted:

Absolutely nothing mentioned thus far is remotely essential. If you’re the sort of person who enjoys making a web of red yarn between pictures and clippings stuck on a corkboard, there are some interesting implications about what Susie’s deal is and further confirmation that Kris has always been powerfully weird and cool.

It’s all just lore—really good lore, because Toby’s an rear end in a top hat who is a genius at using lore to tell good stories instead of just dumping lore and expecting the audience to put it together, but still just lore.

That said somebody will totally collect it all in one place, this is the internet and tomorrow’s a workday I’m sure we’ll all be doing our best to avoid. I expect to see a full report by noon.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Well guys. That was a fun 48 hours. A nice break from the long, long drought. I am totally satisfied and can patiently wait till the rest of deltarune comes out like a normal person.

Back to counting

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah if the info turns out to be actually relevant for any points in the game to work, it'll likely be put outright into the game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The lore is Noelle has a cringe gamer blog where she writes creepypasta

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's kinda funny to think she basically becomes creepypasta in Snowgrave.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Impressive how she just keeps becoming my favorite character even more.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1571708615337345027

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also Spamton existed on the internet prior to Cyber City and/or the Dark World and was weirdly obsessed with spamming the poo poo out of both Noelle and Dess's email accounts, and corrupted Noelle's favorite computer game by sending her a pipis egg disguised as cheat code.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Noelle rules

https://twitter.com/nyusu_UT/status/1440642316176224258?s=20&t=d2l2_QersLs2yHKsIttOWA

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

life_source posted:

Are you telling me this is a troupe of people who do stuff in this style regularly? Link please.

scorpy/socpens in particular is a very intriguing person with an unmatched talent for incomprehensible editing. The whole feel of that stream was very much his style.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
You know, it's kind of strange, we see stories like the one on this page and it doesn't really seem like Kris is all that interested in interacting with Suzie beyond vaguely ignoring/repelling her bullying, but signs in-game seem to hint that he genuinely super values her friendship once he has it. I wonder if he'd ever have actually become friends with her without the Player's influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Noelle being a massive dweeb is extremely endearing.