Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

i cant go to therapy because my mental health is too good

My personality is registered as a deadly weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

endlessmonotony posted:

Someone said they wanted to know what I was saying, and then I tried to be helpful and sincere, neatly demonstrating my own point.

i said i was interested in the conversation, which is true, but we had different ideas about what "the conversation" was

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I will honestly take the hbag liveblog or easily googled homework question thread over the misanthropic self loathing posts any day of the week

if you’re struggling enough to want to bring it up here, go see a therapist regardless of your past endeavour in therapy. maybe this time around you won’t get some fellow misanthrope of a therapist

your mindset is toxic as gently caress and if it works for you, cool whatever, but nobody else wants to hear about it

This isn't misanthropy OR self-loathing is the thing, if you apply what I said recursively to this very conversation you can probably figure out at least some of it. But no, no misanthropy this morning.

My mindset very pointedly DOESN'T work for me, that has been obvious to everyone, but I know it's not toxic. It's just incomprehensible.

And no I have a massive amount of trauma from the big injury and I'd quite like therapy for it, but I had this exact issue before the big injury too, and after seeing what therapy did, I haven't been recommended for therapy, and without that recommendation and given the nature of my issues I just get a flat "no" from any and all sources of therapy licensed in my language.

My conclusion is I should just shut up and never talk about this to anyone who doesn't bring it up themselves, because people who get it are out there, I've met some and I love them all, quite genuinely, but I have no idea how to find others because every time I try to talk about the subject I get pretty much this exact issue recurring.

My "recent" whining about how nothing ever gets better is because I thought I was making progress in spending more time with those people and then the pandemic happened.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

shut up

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

does your wife know your job is a something awful moderator

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

good morning yospos :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fart simpson posted:

does your wife know your job is a something awful moderator
i’m not married

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jesus WEP posted:

i’m not married

that you know of

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

married to the job maybe

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

deputize me a mod so i can lay the swift hand of justice down on some fools.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

why would anyone post to make themselves look dumber than they really are?

my posts make me look exactly as dumb as i am and not one iota more

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

that episode of spongebob where he has to stay at home taking care of the child and cleaning the house, cooking etc while patrick goes to work (dresses up and walks to another house to watch tv on the other couch) but its wep and hes just browsing the forums all day

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

has anyone else tuned out during a meeting to browse the forums but kinda half paid attention to both so your not retaining anything discussed in the meeting or any of the posts you read. but both dont really matter? ive done that

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

has anyone else tuned out during a meeting to browse the forums but kinda half paid attention to both so your not retaining anything discussed in the meeting or any of the posts you read. but both dont really matter? ive done that

i always pay attention in my work meetings :)

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

post hole digger posted:

deputize me a mod so i can lay the swift hand of justice down on some fools.

what did I do

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

yes, all the time. you can tell cause my glasses suddenly get bright from the reflection of white websites lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yes lmao

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Saw Front 242, absolutely incredible.

hell yeah, i bet

Beeftweeter posted:

guess they weren't loving around when they reclassified nyc as subtropical

pittsburgh is a rainforest

Video Nasty posted:

Autumn fuckin' rules. Mrs. Nasty made some incredible baked potato soup last week.

:yum:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
protip for potato soups:

put some bacon in there

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

graph posted:

pittsburgh is a rainforest

a coastal rainforest

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

a coastal rainforest

that's a +2 to defence on tile!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

rotor posted:

protip for potato soups:

put some bacon in there

and some leeks

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

rotor posted:

protip for potato soups:

put some bacon in there

this also applies to split pea soup if you can't find a ham hock

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i dont care for pea soup :|

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

graph posted:

Yeah, there's a certain peaness to it I don't like either

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

honestly the list of things that ARENT improved by a lil bit of bacon is probably shorter than the list of things that are

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

honestly the list of things that ARENT improved by a lil bit of bacon is probably shorter than the list of things that are

freaking epic bacon ftw !!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

graph posted:

freaking epic bacon ftw !!

there is no denying that bacon tastes good

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

graph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0tpATZ8sV4&t=56s

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bacon is haram smh

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Armitag3 posted:

Yeah, there's a certain peaness to it I don't like either

But also a country goodness

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

rotor posted:

I've seen more than one episode of chopped where the judges essentially call out the use of bacon as cheating

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

me crying into my bowl of soup and shouting at my wife: no!! not the epic baconrino!!!! you cheated at making this taste good!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

graph posted:

i love it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

your only saying that be cause you exclude the obvious bad ideas a priori. most things aren’t better with bacon, like idk a glass of orange juice

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
https://foodieandwine.com/irish-breakfast-shot-candied-bacon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fart simpson posted:

your only saying that be cause you exclude the obvious bad ideas a priori. most things aren’t better with bacon, like idk a glass of orange juice

counterpoint: bloody mary