Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Monterrey Bay Aquarium's SeafoodWatch has put the American Lobster (a.k.a. Maine Lobster) on the red AVOID list. Baby humpback whales have been getting ensared by lobster fishing trawlers off the Northeast Atlantic coast, so don't eat another lobster or it will be whale blood on your hands.

Consider the humble crab or even the freshwater crayfish for all your edible bug needs.

Thank u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Monterrey Bay Aquarium's SeafoodWatch has put the American Lobster (a.k.a. Maine Lobster) on the red AVOID list. Baby humpback whales have been getting ensared by lobster fishing trawlers off the Northeast Atlantic coast, so don't eat another lobster or it will be whale blood on your hands.

Consider the humble crab or even the freshwater crayfish for all your edible bug needs.

Thank u.

I've been to that aquarium and it rules. I'll probably keep eating lobster in the same frequency as i always have though (once every 32 years)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
cancel culture strikes again

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
what am i gonna do with all this melted butter

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
How do you catch whales with lobster trawlers? Don't you just drop a pot and wait for the idiots to crawl in?

Or just roll up and steal the Gordon Fisherman's catch?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Big Lobster is up to no good!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's the new dominos pizza mascot

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

kntfkr posted:

what am i gonna do with all this melted butter

put some weed in it, heat it up, strain it, cool it down, make some brownies with it :keke:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I want to grill those whales up for dinner.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 22, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Sophy Wackles posted:

I want to grill those whales up dinner.

can you save some of that baby humpback ambergris for me?

e: wait, do you mean you want to grill up those whales for dinner, or you want to grill some dinner for those whales?

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Crab tastes better anyway

my wife is from new England and this leads to a lot of argumentd

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Bad Purchase posted:

can you save some of that baby humpback ambergris for me?

e: wait, do you mean you want to grill up those whales for dinner, or you want to grill some dinner for those whales?

In my excitement thinking about grilling and eating baby whales, I forgot the words “for dinner”. But yeah, the ambergris is all yours. :btroll:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Slobster

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Whales have lots of blood. They can spare some to share.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

cult_hero posted:

How do you catch whales with lobster trawlers? Don't you just drop a pot and wait for the idiots to crawl in?

Or just roll up and steal the Gordon Fisherman's catch?

Yeah but apparently the idiot whales try to get in there too and then they can't get out and drown

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whale chunks in you’re bisque. :nono:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Given enough time, whales evolve into lobsters anyways

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I had a lobster roll while I was in PEI last week on vacation. It wasn't good enough to justify the price I won't be eating anymore lobster.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

they've been on the do not eat list for me forever on account of my shellfish allergy. glad to see the world finally catching up

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Lobster used to be poor people's food but it's been gentrified to gently caress

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Let them eat whale imo

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Lobster? Barely knew her!

:dadjoke:

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
For anyone actually interested, whales have modified their migration routes for a few years now, possibly because of global warming, which sends them straight into the gulf of St-Lawrence at the height of lobster fishing season. Lobster cages are drat near everywhere at that time ( at certain depths anyway) and when a whale hits a buoy line, its instinct is to roll on itself to dissuade possible predators. Of course since the predator in question is actually a nylon rope, all it manages to do is entagle itself in painful fashion where they either get stuck like this for prolonged periods of time or drown.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
eating a shitload of lobsters to own the whales

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I will continue not eating lobsters op. Thanks for the heads up.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

So if I stop eating lobster, they'll stop throwing nets in the water? Is that the idea?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

So if I stop eating lobster, they'll stop throwing nets in the water? Is that the idea?

They'll just ship it overseas.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lobster sticks to magnet

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I only buy Kirkland brand costco lobster. They’re genetically engineered at the Kirkland protein farms, so I don’t feel guilty about it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the notice doesn't say anything about eating the lobsters. are we not even allowed to gently caress 'em now?

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
I live on an island surrounded by lobster. Send help. And butter.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Thread title just makes me picture the lobsters coming onto land to mate and people have to avoid them because they're rowdy and will claw at any intruders into their territory.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

people are always saying "save the whales!" but what the gently caress have those whales ever done for me huh?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this is Canada's fault

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the notice doesn't say anything about eating the lobsters. are we not even allowed to gently caress 'em now?

Buddy…

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

I saw one hanging around my street last night and this morning everyone had their catalytic converters stolen, I don't even know why they need them?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

dot communist posted:

I saw one hanging around my street last night and this morning everyone had their catalytic converters stolen, I don't even know why they need them?

CATs are worth like $1200 on the black market. Lobster’s gotta eat.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sI7WveN7vk

Leon is thriving.

The dude's going to get him a much bigger aquarium.

He also got a book deal, someone's writing a children's book about it.

Lobsters are now cute. You can't eat them any more.

(They're actually related to dust mites. The are giant, sea versions of dust mites. That's what you're eating.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Bula Vinaka posted:

(They're actually related to dust mites. The are giant, sea versions of dust mites. That's what you're eating.)

In the way that you are related to hagfish, sure!