Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
venom 3 gonna be crazy

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1572586218604601346?t=4fjsBKF_X600-pWYHxoPPQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah it sucks, but also The Flash was never good.

Also, not a single MCU show has come close to matching Doom Patrol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Also, not a single MCU show has come close to matching Doom Patrol.

Doom Patrol made Cyborg interesting which us not a compliment I can pay to anything else.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Doom Patrol is definitely one of, it not the best, cape show

Blockhouse posted:

...The side of parody fair-use? Like there's a reason it even exists as a thing.

I guess my faith in our judicial system is totally shot because I can easily see a judge deciding that it doesn't fall under that protection and makes up reason why.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 21, 2022

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

CzarChasm posted:

Hoo boy. I'll try and recap where we are as of the end of the previous season, but I'll have to go back probably two seasons

The Flash is powered by the Speed Force, which takes on the appearance of Barry's dead mom, Nora (not to be confused with his future daughter, Nora, nor Mr. Freeze's suspended animation wife, Nora)

At some point Flash get's infected with Mega Depression and ends up killing the speed force out of grief. Or she sacrifices herself to save him. IDK

But it's a comic book show so they undo that somehow

But being dead makes the Speed Force (which is not just a force of nature as the name implies, but a persona with hopes and wants) kind of crazy and evil so it goes "bad"

At the same time, we are introduced to the Slow Force, Strength Force and Mind Force, who are all minor villains, similarly personified. At the end of that story line, those three forces team up with Flash against Speed Force to convince her to not be so drat evil.

Then, there was a 5-6 part crossover to open this latest season where Reverse Flash went back in time loving with Flash, making him go crazy, and eventually swapping lives/places with Barry. Iris did something, which de-powered Reverse Flash, but also gave her a vague Time Sickness, causing her to phase and in out of this dimension. Blah, blah, blah, it was actually caused by evil versions of the above forces, that split off from the good versions. They (the bad forces) combine their powers to re-power a recently de-powered Reverse Flash. Yadda yadda, the good forces Care Bear Stare Barry so he's "leveled up" and powerful enough to stop Reverse Flash once and for all.

Everyone having superspeed was the end of a prior season where Godspeed splits off into multiple copies, which group up into two warring factions because some McGuffin is going to grant someone Godhood. That's why all the guys in white jumpsuits are fighting each other. So there we get a team up of Flash, Jay Garrick, Excess (Future Daughter Nora), Impulse (Future Son Bart), Iris (who doesn't normally get superspeed, but it's happened at least twice), and Speed Force/Nora in the third clip. Oh and the long haired woman? She's a meta, who mimics the powers of other metas, but she doesn't know that yet.

where do the pants made of Go Fast come in

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

where do the pants made of Go Fast come in

Short answer, our good friend magic Speed Force

In TV cannon answer, Cisco/Vibe creates the suit and then in the last season or two devises the technology to stuff that suit into a ring, so it's always available.

IIRC, there is a season opener where Barry is spit out of a black hole, naked as a jay bird, so maybe it really is the speed force.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fantastic Four is being written by Ian Springer and Jeff Kaplan (not that one)

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1572671932193013764

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Arist posted:

Fantastic Four is being written by Ian Springer and Jeff Kaplan (not that one)

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1572671932193013764

Marvel continuing the trend of hiring indie directors/writers to do major movies early in their career.

They only have 2 credited movies on IMDB. I haven't seen or heard of either of them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Almost certainly because they're easier to pressure

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Marvel continuing the trend of hiring indie directors/writers to do major movies early in their career.

They only have 2 credited movies on IMDB. I haven't seen or heard of either of them.

Worked out really well for the last indie person who worked on a Fantastic Four movie.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

site posted:

well, good to know but also i really wish the video tag worked because I'm totally gonna forget that
A good way to remember is that the video tag is for video watching sites like youtube and vimeo and some that are long dead, whereas if you have the url of the MP4 file itself, whether from imgur or gfycat or catbox or wherever, the default URL tags that automatically wrap around it are fine and will embed the video automagically

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Madkal posted:

Worked out really well for the last indie person who worked on a Fantastic Four movie.

Given all the stories that came out about trank I don't think working on ff is why his career died

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'm just surprised it's not an in-house person or someone from Rick and Morty.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Doom Patrol is definitely one of, it not the best, cape show

I guess my faith in our judicial system is totally shot because I can easily see a judge deciding that it doesn't fall under that protection and makes up reason why.

Yeah, lawyers I know seem to have the same outlook of "The law doesn't really mean anything anymore, without a functioning and unbiased Supreme Court* judges can just make whatever ruling they want with no consequences."

*personal note: lol, lmao

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm working on an article about popular MCU theories from over the years that ended up going nowhere. I'm looking for some suggestions. Ones that come to mind:

- Agent Coulson will be brought back as Vision.
- Loki in Infinity War will play the same role as Mephisto in the Infinity Gauntlet comic.
- Captain Marvel is a Skrull.
- Mephisto is the main villain behind WandaVision.
- Reed Richards is Monica's engineer friend.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thanos would be in love with Hela, who fulfilled the Death role from the comics

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
red skull survived and is behind [everything]

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Gavok posted:

I'm working on an article about popular MCU theories from over the years that ended up going nowhere. I'm looking for some suggestions. Ones that come to mind:

- Loki in Infinity War will play the same role as Mephisto in the Infinity Gauntlet comic.

- Wolverine would be in Endgame because Thanos had 3 scratches on his face in the first trailer.
- Alexander Pierce is the Red Skull
- Everything is Mephisto
- The Soul Stone was going to be the meteor that hit Wakanda.
- The theory that the location of all the infinity stones spelled out T.H.A.N.O.S. (Tesseract, [a bunch of guesses that turned out wrong], Aether, Necklace, Orb, Staff)

- The Leader is coming back

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wanda was going to do a reverse House of M in WandaVision and create mutants.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I had heard that it was Blue Marvel that would be Monica's engineer friend a little more often than Reed, I think.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fury got his eye scratched out by Wolverine

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Because it doesn't have to deal with an origin story, Thor: The Dark World is going to blow Thor out of the water

OK, seriously? The one I remember that was really goofy is:
Tony Stark will have to learn magic to to fix things however they're going to be fixed in Endgame, now that Strange is dead (because Strange sacrificed the Time Stone for Tony, that meant he had a critical role, and "better armor" wasn't the solution to anything)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

site posted:

red skull survived and is behind [everything]

I mean the first part of it was true, and the theory that the beam that disintegrated him actually teleported him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You can write down my future fan theory as well, that Doom is going to turn out to be a Stark variant

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gavok posted:

uh yes i too thought the original Secret Invasion comic sucked poo poo:v:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

uh yes i too thought the original Secret Invasion comic sucked poo poo:v:

Norman Osborn talking Skrull Mar-Vell into having a nervous breakdown followed by Skrull Mar-Vell dying while begging Noh-Varr to stop the Skrulls is like the one awesome part of Secret Invasion.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

The nano Spider-Man suit would become self aware and become a tech version of Venom.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Admiralty Flag posted:

Because it doesn't have to deal with an origin story, Thor: The Dark World is going to blow Thor out of the water

It is a much better and more enjoyable film. There, I said it.

I remain baffled how much hate it gets for being merely a solid by the numbers superhero flick with a bunch of nice moments. I get it's not exceptional in any way, but it's not really actively bad in any way either.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Gavok posted:

Norman Osborn talking Skrull Mar-Vell into having a nervous breakdown followed by Skrull Mar-Vell dying while begging Noh-Varr to stop the Skrulls is like the one awesome part of Secret Invasion.

This has just given me this awful idea of Norman and Moonstone rebounding off of that era into a Gaslight/Gatekeep/Goblin tour

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Parkingtigers posted:

I remain baffled how much hate it gets for being merely a solid by the numbers superhero flick with a bunch of nice moments. I get it's not exceptional in any way, but it's not really actively bad in any way either.

If the movie had focused on Thor's relationship, it would have been a much better movie, but Jane Foster kept showing up.

(And no, I don't mean that in a slash way. Maybe Loki's absence was the reason why Love & Thunder was such a brick compared to Ragnarok.)

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Admiralty Flag posted:

If the movie had focused on Thor's relationship, it would have been a much better movie, but Jane Foster kept showing up.

(And no, I don't mean that in a slash way. Maybe Loki's absence was the reason why Love & Thunder was such a brick compared to Ragnarok.)

THANKS. That was for me!

I missed Tom and Chris' amazing chemistry. Can they have that pair in another movie, just shove Chris in the Night Manager season 2 or something?

Edit: btw, the only parts I enjoyed on Dark World, where all the scenes with Loki, Loki/Thor, and the few ones were they did some comedy. Rest was "meh" big time.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 23, 2022

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Love and Thunder mostly just had a harder time balancing the comedy of it’s Korg’s childrens story and the actual serious stuff and core story and weight. I’m not one of those who thinks any time an Avenger makes a quip it kills the seriousness of the movie but I do think Thor and the film were just a little too turned up on the comedy and it got silly at times. Ragnarok did a good job balancing the comedy and seriousness. Loki and Thor was at its peak at doing that. They could reduce each other to kids but also have a heart to heart. Love and Thunder just had a hard time finding that with Jane in large part because the silliness of Thor and the seriousness of Janes stuff were so far apart.

I am curious how it holds up on a rewatch when I know what to expect going in.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I liked when Darcy called Mjolnir "Mew mew"

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Love and Thunder was good when it was being a kickin' rad music video, shame about the parts in between

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Venom would cross universes and round out the Sinister 6 in NWH. That one was only half-right.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I liked the theory that Strange used the time stone to set up some kind of way for the team to win in the future and then sent it back to himself on Titan to hand to Thanos.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

TwoPair posted:

Venom would cross universes and round out the Sinister 6 in NWH. That one was only half-right.

I do love that the story revolved around, specifically, five villains

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I do love that the story revolved around, specifically, five villains

And that in this group of villains Dr. Octopus did not lead them and ended up on the good side in the climactic battle.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

Recently rewatched the last half of it. It is a punishing dull movie that feels twice as long as it's run time with a villain thay doesn't speak and weirdly slammed together action scenes that doesn't really bother communicating a clear emotional thoroughline. It's stuff happens: the movie, and feels more like a really boring theme park ride you wanna get off than a fun superhero movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Gavok posted:

Ant-Man would take out Thanos by going up his butt.