Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I’ve been reading a lot of news recently and am having a lot of anxiety about the near future, with the Russian conflict and the economic downturn as well as climate change. How are you feeling about the rest of your lifetime; do you think there will a series of increasing crises or just a continuing slow decline that will be barely perceptible day-to-day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Wizard Master posted:

I’ve been reading a lot of news recently

Well, there's your problem!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

its going to be really badass for jellyfish thats certain. im happy for them. its a good time to be a jellyfish.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the haters, it's gonna be the bee's knees!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Fear, uncertainty, doubt.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Not very good, op

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

bleak

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Anxiety, emptiness, op

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm looking forward to it OP. The world has changed so much in my lifetime and I'm (knock on wood) only half way through it. Who knows what technological wonders the future will hold?

Realistic VR video games. Affordable space flight. Life saving medical technology and gene therapies that promise to rid us of the scourge of disease (and maybe even death itself) once and for.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
things are gonna get worse and will continue getting worse for the rest of our lives

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in
Not great OP, not great

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
everything sucks. do drugs and crimes

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

People get nostalgic for the 80s today. Gee, if things were like the 80s, it would be so much better. Bring back the Ninja Turtles. Bring back the old Pizza Hut logo. Ya know, the logo from when things were better!

But in the 80s, you had songs like Uptown Girl and people just loved the 50s aspect of Back To The Future. Mostly because people were so distraught with the way things were going and wished it was like they remembered in the 50s. Sodie hops! Greasers! Even MORE open racism! They wanted it back so bad they even elected an actor popular in the 50s to bring it all back.

There is a weird comfort in the fact that we're going through a similar wave of desperate nostalgia for the time in which people also had desperate nostalgia for the time before.

I have no idea what this says about the future (prolly bad things) but I also feel like any sort of imagining of the past as "better" is also flawed. There was still mass suffering back then!

I think if Dark Brandon had a magic button that made it back to any good old day I wanted, I'd still find plenty to be miserable about. I don't know why that makes me feel better, but it does.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

It's not what it used to be.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

the past also sucked

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Friggin terrible, Wizard Master

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
depends on if you'll still be posting op

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

TK8325 posted:

the past also sucked

This. We may be closer to human extinction, but the average person's day-to-day life is actually better than in any other point in history.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

sapience was probably a mistake

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Death is certain, as always.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

indifferent op

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A lot of big time economy people were steering the economy in directions that had manmade extinction level events in mind while the rest of us suffer, so I’m kind of excited to see those people get hosed over a barrel for the rest of their life. :shrug:

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

ELTON JOHN posted:

things are gonna get worse and will continue getting worse for the rest of our lives

Ready as I'll ever be

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I bet in the future i'm gonna have lots of nasty sex with hot babes, it's gonna own :hehe:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't think things are gonna get really bad in my lifetime so all in all, pretty good

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

It's gonna be a huge pain in the rear end for me to eventually buy a home, but overall I think the future is gonna be awesome. Sometimes it will also be terrible, but on balance I think awesome will beat out terrible.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
They call it the boiling frog analogy

We are all just anxious frogs

Society is a cookpot coming up to temp

I hope this eases your mind

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Not great and I'm not thrilled about myself personally getting older either

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ive been eating little bits of human flesh to get my tastebuds acclimated for the eventual collapse.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shadow0 posted:

Well, there's your problem!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Lol "feel" Who does that?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

one day I shall die

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

one day I shall die

So there's something to be hopeful for, at least

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
It's going to kick rear end when we can get artificial body parts like in cyberpunk. Until then it's going to suck though

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Devils Affricate posted:

It's going to kick rear end when we can get artificial body parts like in cyberpunk. Until then it's going to suck though
sorry, no flying cars or cool augments, heres your electric razor scooter instead

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Wizard Master

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

every day it gets more likely that modern global civilization will collapse in our lifetime

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the world burns around us

wm ponders the orb

inside the orb is the frontpage of gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I've seen the future, baby
It is murder
-- Leonard Cohen

Only registered members can see post attachments!