Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

As there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos. It'll be a home run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s free I think.
Yeah and you can watch it on a Roku, in a browser, etc.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

last 4 games the Dodgers offense has scored 2, 1, 3, and 0 runs surely this is not an omen

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The 2001 Mariners remain on top. And I guess Albert hit his 700th home run.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

bawfuls posted:

last 4 games the Dodgers offense has scored 2, 1, 3, and 0 runs surely this is not an omen

The Cardinals had a string of shutouts this week. The Dodgers will break out of it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s free I think.

They've all been free! I don't know how or why, but every Apple TV+ baseball game didn't require a subscription.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Looking at 699 it looks like Heaney decided to do his old teammate a solid

Either that or watching Pujols as an Angel over the last few years convinced him he could sneak a middle middle fastball by him

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
god drat is it a good time to be a baseball fan

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Looking at 699 it looks like Heaney decided to do his old teammate a solid

Either that or watching Pujols as an Angel over the last few years convinced him he could sneak a middle middle fastball by him

have you heard of Andrew Heaney? His entire thing is "he's pretty good but he gives up too many home runs"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bawfuls posted:

have you heard of Andrew Heaney? His entire thing is "he's pretty good but he gives up too many home runs"

The Astros have been exempted from this, 7 HR in 61 IP against and a respectable 3.54 ERA so I'm biased

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dong Everest

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If my team that are only insanely favored don't win tolduso :smugdog:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

thehoodie posted:

god drat is it a good time to be a baseball fan

It is.

And for Cardinals fans, it's a really great year. Pujols, Molina, and Wainwright. Definitely ending their career after this year, Almost Certainly doing the same, and Probably Also Retiring, respectively. If you asked me in 2011 if these three folks were the true core of the team that had won two World Series in 5 years (and three pennants in 7 years), I might have said, "Yeah." But if you asked me if they'd be playing for the Cardinals in 2022, trying to wrap up an NL Central title? Yeah, not so sure.

It doesn't even matter if they do well in the playoffs this year. Having three people on your team like Wainwright, Pujols, and Molina? That's magic in and of itself. That they all might go out together on the same team after long, HOF-quality careers? Bittersweet, but it's the kind of bittersweet that's pretty much peak baseball. (Yeah, Waino's HOF chances aren't nearly as good as Molina's or Pujols', but you know what I mean.)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

tarlibone posted:

It is.

And for Cardinals fans, it's a really great year. Pujols, Molina, and Wainwright. Definitely ending their career after this year, Almost Certainly doing the same, and Probably Also Retiring, respectively. If you asked me in 2011 if these three folks were the true core of the team that had won two World Series in 5 years (and three pennants in 7 years), I might have said, "Yeah." But if you asked me if they'd be playing for the Cardinals in 2022, trying to wrap up an NL Central title? Yeah, not so sure.

It doesn't even matter if they do well in the playoffs this year. Having three people on your team like Wainwright, Pujols, and Molina? That's magic in and of itself. That they all might go out together on the same team after long, HOF-quality careers? Bittersweet, but it's the kind of bittersweet that's pretty much peak baseball. (Yeah, Waino's HOF chances aren't nearly as good as Molina's or Pujols', but you know what I mean.)

:yeah:

I really hope Waino sticks around for at least another year though.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Went to the A's/Mets game tonight. Goddamn what a weird, kinda lovely, but pretty cool ballpark.

Also, I got to go out on the field for fireworks, which is the only time I've been on a big league field except when I snuck one foot on the grass near the Cubs dugout on a tour. Pretty cool.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Have we confirmed yet that whoever caught #700 wasn't Hample

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

For anyone counting that's 17 MB ballparks, and we have tickets in SF for Tuesday. Still perfectly balanced AL/NL (or it will be on Tuesday), completely by accident

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Still on the list: Mariners, Rangers, Padres, DBacks, Royals, Cardinals, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Rays, Mets, Atlanta, Marlins.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mets 2.5 games up.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Oh I sat on the first base side in Oakland and there were a lot of Mets fans so this shouldn't be surprising but right before the game in the concourse I did hear a guy literally yell "LETS GO METS BABY LOVE DA METS"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's no joke!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

more falafel please posted:

For anyone counting that's 17 MB ballparks, and we have tickets in SF for Tuesday. Still perfectly balanced AL/NL (or it will be on Tuesday), completely by accident

Has this all been in one season? Or over the years? Either way that’s cool as hell. Something ive been hoping to do as well. I’ve only made it to three so far .

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If Pujols had stayed with the Cardinals the whole time how many more HR would he have just from not being attached to the Angels stink

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I hate the Rays so much.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

i would've loved to see that weiner out there because, at least for 699, it seemed like the fans were brawling over the ball

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I made a celebration thread for number 700: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4013215

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Nodoze posted:

If Pujols had stayed with the Cardinals the whole time how many more HR would he have just from not being attached to the Angels stink

Impossible to say, because his career would have gotten derailed by his plantar fasciitis either way.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

it's been confirmed, Hample was in the Bronx last night

anyway in one way or another Albert, Yadi, and Waino have been part of my life and the fabric of STL for these past two decades. it's been amazing to be here this year and see this run up close and personal.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/iam_johnw/status/1573515335449419779

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Is there a website where I can sort every home run in 2022 by launch angle and exit velocity? Wisdom hit a moonshot 422-foot homer with a 37-degree launch angle and I want to know what the highest launch angle dinger of the year has been. I'm guessing it's probably a homer that hit a short porch somewhere and would've been a flyout in almost every other park.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Is there a website where I can sort every home run in 2022 by launch angle and exit velocity? Wisdom hit a moonshot 422-foot homer with a 37-degree launch angle and I want to know what the highest launch angle dinger of the year has been. I'm guessing it's probably a homer that hit a short porch somewhere and would've been a flyout in almost every other park.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/stat...ngle=on#results

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sydin posted:

Still have no idea why they let Kenley walk.

Were they nervous about the heart stuff?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

tarlibone posted:

I don't have Apple TV, so I got to hear it when my son bolted upstairs, suddenly trying to act coy by asking what we were doing. He couldn't hold it in for long, though.

loving Apple TV. I hope there's some way to watch a replay of this game. On something other than Apple TV.

Get you a Fire Stick. The Apple TV app is neat, and will have your iTunes library of movies and TV shows you’ve purchased/redeemed over the years. You can also load the Fire Stick with Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Tubi, Crackle, Disney+, Pluto, whatever.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

more falafel please posted:

Oh I sat on the first base side in Oakland and there were a lot of Mets fans so this shouldn't be surprising but right before the game in the concourse I did hear a guy literally yell "LETS GO METS BABY LOVE DA METS"

exquisite tea posted:

It's no joke!

Yeah, that became a meme because it's easily found in the wild. Love da Mets, baby.

Also, there's still time for a team to get hot/cold before the season ends. The Mets had a period of .500 ball to start the month, and are now back to being hot. The Braves have cooled off from being on a multi-month tear to merely going .500 over their last 5 series. Interestingly, neither team has had a losing streak longer than 3 games this season. Pretty sure those are the shortest longest losing streaks for any MLB teams this year, Dodgers and Astros have both lost 4 straight at least once this season.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Thanks!

Haha so that Wisdom dong is tied for the 3rd highest launch angle homer of the year

Here's the highest dong of the year, which was actually this kid's first major league homer

https://twitter.com/4_bagger_blast/status/1565844643648098309

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Keith Hernandez is on season ending IL with a shoulder injury.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gently caress it apparently was not an excuse for rest/lining him up for the Mets
https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1573677399748841474

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Conversely, here's the lowest launch angle homer of the season that wasn't an inside-the-parker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND5OcXlsPXQ

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

gently caress it apparently was not an excuse for rest/lining him up for the Mets
https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1573677399748841474

Sounds like Strider just isn’t getting lucky these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Conversely, here's the lowest launch angle homer of the season that wasn't an inside-the-parker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND5OcXlsPXQ

Pitcher is very confused how that ball got out.