Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

can we just talk about the show here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I am. The show is about these things.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

MokBa posted:

The only way we can stop misogynists from poisoning the culture is by astroturfing the most juvenile insults imaginable. If we don’t force “pinched pee-pee” into the lexicon, then the manchildren win.

I was coming at from "welp being mature, intelligent adults doesn't seem to slow them down. gently caress it. Maybe we can out-five-year-old them or something." I'll admit that it's got a lot in common with Trump's "Maybe we can cure COVID by huffing bleach."

MokBa posted:

One thing I love about She-Hulk is that the MCU is really starting to feel like the Marvel universe. Introducing Mr. Immortal and his legal troubles is a simple way to show how superpowers affect normal people without being part of some superhero/supervillain fight. He’s just some rich narcissist that is terrified of confrontation who happens to use his powers to coast through life. Much like Titania (so far) not being some criminal robbing banks, but an influencer who is just jealous of the protagonist. We get to just live in a silly comic book world without all the other comic book movie tropes.

This and Ms. Marvel are my favorite series because of the intersection of normal people and super-weirdness. While I like Kamala Khan better as a character, I like She-Hulk better as a show. No huge world-threatening stakes (so far, fingers crossed) or big over-arching plots. Just small, fun bits with regularish people colliding with the super aspects of the MCU.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

okay well have fun

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/isaacfeldberg/status/1573528805871915030

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

thats a bunch of words that mean nothing

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I wonder, could Mr. Immortal have been snapped by Thanos?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

mcbexx posted:

Well he is immortal

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

mcbexx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhXCuUG2pw

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

mcbexx posted:

On the one hand, snapping seemed more like "deletion" than a conventional sort of murder, it might bypass whatever his immortality mechanism is.

On the other, (and this is probably misremembered from like 15 years ago), he has a really strong form of immortality, like, "survive to the heat death of the universe" immortality. He might not be targetable? Like, were Celestials/Eternals/other cosmic-level beings affected by the snap, or was it just mortal life?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

On the one hand, snapping seemed more like "deletion" than a conventional sort of murder, it might bypass whatever his immortality mechanism is.

On the other, (and this is probably misremembered from like 15 years ago), he has a really strong form of immortality, like, "survive to the heat death of the universe" immortality. He might not be targetable? Like, were Celestials/Eternals/other cosmic-level beings affected by the snap, or was it just mortal life?

I guess the big question is whether the snap is a Destroy effect or an Exile effect.

I'm leaning on exile because clearly you can bring all creatures back into play.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

This owns, and makes me really happy that she found her way to ITYSL based on a sincerely shared sensibility.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Culture wars suck

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Thundercracker posted:

I guess the big question is whether the snap is a Destroy effect or an Exile effect.

I'm leaning on exile because clearly you can bring all creatures back into play.

It was not intended as an exile or time-out when Thanos snapped though?

Iirc Tony undid the snap itself, he did not wish for everyone to be "unbenched" from not existing.

Edit: oh yeah, right. Bruce, not Tony. It's been a while. Point still stands.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 25, 2022

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Bruce did the unsnapping. Tony did the snapping for the bad guys.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm glad Anthony Hopkins didn't commit suicide

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm glad Anthony Hopkins didn't commit suicide

dude, westworld spoilers

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

thats a bunch of words that mean nothing

The internet in a nutshell.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I just came here to post how them playing with the title card every week keeps making me chuckle and is a fun bit.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Did we ever see who the bride was getting married to? I'm rewatching the episode in the background and I swear we never see them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JT Smiley posted:

Did we ever see who the bride was getting married to? I'm rewatching the episode in the background and I swear we never see them.

No we don't. At least there was no formal introduction. I guess the point is that it's her wedding and that the groom is a bit part.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Thundercracker posted:

surely it’s the other way around right? Exiled permanents are much harder to bring back than destroyed ones. Unless the snap itself functions as a persistent enchantment which I don’t think it does.
:goonsay:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The fact there are people in the replies who genuinely believe she is being serious is hilarious

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Dell_Zincht posted:

The fact there are people in the replies who genuinely believe she is being serious is hilarious

Now I want to see Tatiana Maslany as Hannibal Lecter.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

surely it’s the other way around right? Exiled permanents are much harder to bring back than destroyed ones. Unless the snap itself functions as a persistent enchantment which I don’t think it does.
:goonsay:

Unless it's "exile target permanent as long as Snap is in play" then its usually easier to get your stuff back

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

All I got from this is that Blade's first onscreen appearance will be in She Hulk.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

swickles posted:

All I got from this is that Blade's first onscreen appearance will be in She Hulk.

He'll be suing noted bad dad Dracula for emotional and psychological damages.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

tsob posted:

Is that where we get that Moonknight panel? Does he just become a very aggressive deptcollector?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

tsob posted:

The firm will be representing Blade. A fourth personality of Moon Knight will be representing Dracula and win, Dracula will skip out on paying which is Moon Knight wants his goddamn money from Dracula.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

According to the Russos, the Snap was deletion from existence. There are multiple afterlifes in the MCU depending on your religion, but nobody who was Snapped went to them. The way we saw Yelena just blink and find herself 5 years later in Hawkeye is basically how it was from their perspective.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

There also doesn't seem to be a universal experience for characters though. Spiderman even says when he comes back and sees Stark "remember when I got all dusty..."

Even non-powered people had some awareness like Fury, Hill, a ton of heroes in Wakanda, etc.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

swickles posted:

There also doesn't seem to be a universal experience for characters though. Spiderman even says when he comes back and sees Stark "remember when I got all dusty..."

Peter was able to get a proper explanation from Dr Strange about it which probably helps

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

According to the Russos, the Snap was deletion from existence. There are multiple afterlifes in the MCU depending on your religion, but nobody who was Snapped went to them. The way we saw Yelena just blink and find herself 5 years later in Hawkeye is basically how it was from their perspective.

I guess what I'm curious about is if he's even the sort of thing that would be considered "mortal life" that Thanos was presumably targeting. Were half of the Gods/Celestials/other immortal beings snapped, or was it just mortals? Because the former would probably have had even crazier repercussions than what was shown.

Of course, MCU Mr. Immortal might not have the same kind of immortality as his various comic book incarnations, so it's all speculative at this point.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Rarity posted:

Peter was able to get a proper explanation from Dr Strange about it which probably helps

Dr. Strange tells him its been 5 years, but Peter was clearly aware something was happening. And, again so were a lot of people.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

swickles posted:

He also sensed it before it happened, because Spidey-sense, but I think it just affected people slightly differently, like you said.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

He also sensed it before it happened, because Spidey-sense, but I think it just affected people slightly differently, like you said.

He was also a member of a hit team meant to prevent exactly what happened. He knows he dissolved because that was the expected failure condition of his mission (or at least a 50% chance of it).

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

cant cook creole bream posted:

No we don't. At least there was no formal introduction. I guess the point is that it's her wedding and that the groom is a bit part.

You guys can laugh at me if I'm wrong but I thought she was getting married to the dog, to make the whole situation more ridiculous.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

The dog is a groomsman, not a groom

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I have to bring this up every time the Snap gets mentioned…

When I went to see Endgame in the cinema I was furious for being several minutes late and missing the trailers. I enter the already darkened theatre to see the screen fade to a scene of dusty sand dunes blown by a strong wide. My immediate reaction was, “loving hell, the earth now has deserts of dust from Snapped people? What an incredibly dark turn for…”

And then it became immediately clear I was right on time for the live action Aladdin trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LividLiquid posted:

I think in the commentary for Infinity War, they say that due to Peter Sense, he was fully aware of what was going on. Which is why he's so terrified.