Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

For those who don't recognize the name, she won an Oscar for her incredible performance as Nurse Ratched in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Her speech is notable to this day because both of her parents were deaf, and she used sign language to thank them. It's an incredibly moving moment and one that I've watched a number of times over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGl5U7nNlkY

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/24/movies/louise-fletcher-dead.html

Oh she also starred in the Jon Lovitz comedy classic "High School High".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

For those who don't recognize the name, she won an Oscar for her incredible performance as Nurse Ratched in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Her speech is notable to this day because both of her parents were deaf, and she used sign language to thank them. It's an incredibly moving moment and one that I've watched a number of times over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGl5U7nNlkY

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/24/movies/louise-fletcher-dead.html

Oh she also starred in the Jon Lovitz comedy classic "High School High".

That's a shame. Loved High School High.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gul Dukat hit that poo poo hard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My child

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

That’s a drat shame. Just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest last week and she deserved that Oscar.

Didn’t know about her acceptance speech, though. That’s really sweet. :unsmith:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

You Are A Elf posted:

That’s a drat shame. Just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest last week and she deserved that Oscar.

Didn’t know about her acceptance speech, though. That’s really sweet. :unsmith:

She held back her tears better than me :)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

she is with the pah-wraiths now

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Psych wards are actually good and are a crucial mental health resource. Her performance in that film and its cultural impact, coupled with Reagan's deinstitutionalization efforts in the 1980s and the subsequent mass incarceration of the mentally ill, was probably the greatest mental health disaster of the 20th century, worse than lobotomies even tbh.

She's that loving cool.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Private Cumshoe posted:

Psych wards are actually good and are a crucial mental health resource. Her performance in that film and its cultural impact, coupled with Reagan's deinstitutionalization efforts in the 1980s and the subsequent mass incarceration of the mentally ill, was probably the greatest mental health disaster of the 20th century, worse than lobotomies even tbh.

destroying mental health is not a competition, there's room for everyone

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
gently caress :(

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

enjoyable actress, rip

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Bad Purchase posted:

she is with the pah-wraiths now

Spoilers please, I only have 3 more episodes left of DS9, Worf just killed Gowron

Outpost22 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 25, 2022

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

Outpost22 posted:

Spoilers please, I only have 3 more episodes left of DS9

she dies

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
for her parents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjH_l-ZjgQA

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jesus

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lmao

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

her parents are probably dead as well and can't click the link

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

automated phone support systems should use an AI deepfake of her Kai Winn voice

just imagine some angry customer calling in and the robot says in the most condescending tone possible, "i hear your anger, child, and i forgive you for it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We're never gonna learn why she wears the bunny ears now