Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I think there's been enough pinned GBS posts and more importantly continuous and well administrated good content in the many subforums to create new Front Page article material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Subforum admins, in conjunction with their subforum posters, should make one front page article per month.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Maybe a new article series called "Full Frontal"? Just spitroastin here

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Theres heaps of knowledgeable people in the subforums, just stop expecting the front page to be old SA and let it be what the forums actually are.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

who's re-reg are you now?

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

No ones? Its just something I noticed like the front page articles all stopped in like 2020.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'll put my hand up to write front page articles.

Child Trebuchet fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 25, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i would write some articles but i've got this coffee to drink, and lem spiuk th stimmmer adnox

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Child Trebuchet posted:

I'll put my hand up to write front page articles.

Hey that hat really sucks

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Tell lotax

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my idea for the new front page: every week a new article with the title: DEAR <GROUP>: WE WERE WRONG

just pick some group that was in the news recently or some random internet subculture. if anyone clicks on the article, all they see is a retraction because the article was embarrassing garbage. everyone will wonder what was there before. people will set their homepage to somethingawful.com with the hope that one day they'll catch the weekly apology before it gets retracted.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
make the froums the front page. problem solved

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Can you still be banned for pretending to be surprised there's a front page? Cause man, can you imagine if someone made that joke right now?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

my idea for the new front page: every week a new article with the title: DEAR <GROUP>: WE WERE WRONG

just pick some group that was in the news recently or some random internet subculture. if anyone clicks on the article, all they see is a retraction because the article was embarrassing garbage. everyone will wonder what was there before. people will set their homepage to somethingawful.com with the hope that one day they'll catch the weekly apology before it gets retracted.

Now That's What I Call Entergagement!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
stick the honker on the stubens

HAM ON THE BEEF

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

one of the first things Jeffrey said he'd do was revitalize the front page and lol

it's perhaps fitting the first goon project of the new era fell apart completely due to laziness and apathy.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5fq2NPnkNU&t=687s
There should be an article that has this embedded as bg music

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a constant, fresh, high quality content pipeline is very hard to achieve. not many websites can do it, and usually the only way they can afford it is hawking ads and selling garbage all over the place.

there's a lot of good stuff that gets generated on the forums, but rearranging it so it's presentable as an article is not always straightforward. a lot of the best humor around here is referential or just riffing ideas back and forth, which doesn't translate well to a front page.

it is probably not worth investing heavily in a front page either at this point. this place is the forums now. nobody was really coming here for the front page for years, even before jeff took over. if you want to engage new people, just setup a tiktok page where you record yourself reacting to posts.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There's a front page?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also the front page is just FUBAR.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Strange Poon posted:

make the forums the front page. problem solved

It's kind of insane to me that this hasn't been done yet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

i think it's gurf

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I am an unfunny and downright obnoxious individual, so I’ve wagered doing something for the ol front page for a bit.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just take the old one down already. It's been years.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A rotating set of images of a happy animal playing with a toy, only the toy is replaced with a go to forums button. A button bouncing around the screen and changing in size so it's impossible to click. A giant loving trigger warning and legal disclaimer. Anything.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a big Out to Lunch sign

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It must be complete because there's no "under construction" signs.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Write something so boring and unfunny for the front page that the concept of the front page as well as the actual front page is removed from history and this forum finally acknowledges its strengths do not include a functioning humor periodical.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

frontpage.somethingawful.com should host goatse.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

the front page was buried with Lowtax as he asked that it should be in his will, you'll have to exhume him to get it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE