Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

in college i was gently caress buddies with a girl from israel and she was in the IDF. i found out the vocabulary is very similar to hebrew one night when she blacked out from drinking and shrooms and then decided to wake me up by holding a (n unloaded) gun to my head and yelling at me in arabic to comply

i've had a machete pulled on me while being rode as a 'joke' but this is p worse lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/rev_revolver/status/1574039412593201153

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

he took a break because Finnish politics are going completely to poo poo and the IK of the thread supported the forcing of nurses back to work without meeting their strike demands last I had heard

oh also they’re joining/joined NATO and keep needling Russia

lmfao my mans spent five years violently making GBS threads on the states MURICANS DUMB THEY ELECTED TRUMP LMAO and second poo poo gets real in the home court he bolts. Classy hahaha

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

lmfao my mans spent five years violently making GBS threads on the states MURICANS DUMB THEY ELECTED TRUMP LMAO and second poo poo gets real in the home court he bolts. Classy hahaha

five year delay from america to everywhere else. you may not like it but this is what peak performance. looks like

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I have upgraded my hair conditioner.

I redid the math. If I'm willing to buy 1 liter bottles, I can get only a slightly higher price by using less of a more expensive conditioner, and the new stuff means my hair tangles less.

There's a downside - working it in takes much longer.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Beeftweeter posted:

it's actually kinda strange, sometimes when my wife wants to be sneaky and speaks to me in korean i sometimes answer in spanish without thinking about it.

super weird because obviously spanish is not my native language either and i do usually know how to properly answer in korean :confused:

when I was in Mexico my brain would try to respond in my fragmentary japanese to questions in spanish, just weird brain stuff.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

when I was in Mexico my brain would try to respond in my fragmentary japanese to questions in spanish, just weird brain stuff.

lmao same except mix Norwegian or german in with my spanish

also mixing a lot of Norwegian in with German since they’re so close

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

c lastfm s: very annoyed to find that the d&b and tech house playlists I listen to constantly don’t get scribbled unless you add each song to your library

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

speaking of this is a loving fantastic mix. i loving hate mixcloud but oh well

https://www.mixcloud.com/bushwacka1/bushwacka-live-at-pikes-september-2022/

e: also he's mixing with a lowpass filter sometimes and sliding the new bassline under it, it's neat and i literally have a postit note on my desk to start practicing this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/fsmikey/status/1574031862678396932

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Beeftweeter posted:

it's actually kinda strange, sometimes when my wife wants to be sneaky and speaks to me in korean i sometimes answer in spanish without thinking about it.

super weird because obviously spanish is not my native language either and i do usually know how to properly answer in korean :confused:

this has almost happened to me a couple times, i think it's because spanish was the first "second language" i learned, so when i need to use not-english my brain will default to that even when it's wildly inappropriate

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

graph posted:

speaking of this is a loving fantastic mix. i loving hate mixcloud but oh well

https://www.mixcloud.com/bushwacka1/bushwacka-live-at-pikes-september-2022/

e: also he's mixing with a lowpass filter sometimes and sliding the new bassline under it, it's neat and i literally have a postit note on my desk to start practicing this

:getin:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

this is really fuckin' good

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this is the most pittsburgh thing i've ever seen

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Raluek posted:

this has almost happened to me a couple times, i think it's because spanish was the first "second language" i learned, so when i need to use not-english my brain will default to that even when it's wildly inappropriate

yep this has happened to me

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Raluek posted:

the only class I got a D in in college was Spanish 1. I had taken 3 years of French in high school and could not keep anything straight. just constantly mixing stuff up. everything was too similar but still different.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: no job because it's public holiday (queen's bday now king's bday here in WA). could have gotten a five-day weekend if i'd taken last friday off as thursday was the queen national dead public holiday but alas.

cls: playing james and drinking Asahi tall-boys, weather outside is really great and i'm chill it's nice.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: almost time to go try out this grocery pick-up thing :ohdear:

(i know i shouldn't be nervous, but i am. that's what i do :smith:)

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

good luck prefect!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: fun days today. will the lawyers actually respond to my question I sent them friday morning or will I need to wait another day! always something exciting when asking to buy a piece of software

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

prefect posted:

cls: almost time to go try out this grocery pick-up thing :ohdear:

(i know i shouldn't be nervous, but i am. that's what i do :smith:)

is it june 2020 what’s going on

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor was right about cave paintings

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

dioxazine posted:

rotor was right about cave paintings

yes, he was right to make them. it helped us learn so much about ancient peoples

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cls: I woke up last night and had a midnight snack then went to bed. woke up a few times coughing and feeling like I had major indigestion. just finished being sick in the toilet and now I’m trying to figure out if I’m coming down with something, if I aspirated reflux, and why would soda crackers cause indigestion unless I’m a) getting old or b) coming down with something

blech

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yesterday i had to go to home depot and i noticed when i popped teh truck liftgate that yellowjackets had AGAIN made a big loving nest inside one of the liftgate hinges.

Why do they do that? They specifically pick the right hand one and build a big nest around it.

I used the death spray with great prejudice. every time this happens i scrub the hinge with a wire brush and cleaner to make sure none of their scent or jizz or whatever they're doing to mark it is left. They come back every year.

it's soooo weiiiiird

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

just finished being sick in the toilet and now

you english people and your euphemisms. just say you were yacking in the shitter

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m back at work this sucks

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Silver Alicorn posted:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'm still in bed but will soon be back at work this sucks

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

you english people and your euphemisms. just say you were yacking in the shitter

ok fine

I puked my brains out into the dunny and feel a bit better, but still like I have a cold or something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
honestly the disambiguation was necessary, i figured you had the turbo squirts on first read

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the porcelain deity takes all offerings, regardless of the orifice from which you contribute

all are equal under their stern, yet benevolent gaze

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I can’t remember the last time I threw up

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

can you remember when you threw down?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think I’m going to go puke again and then maybe call in

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i do. it was like 6 months ago when i was drinkin hard one night. gross.

speakin of which - we're at 2 weeks not a drop folks! still feeling great. doing a deep clean on the house last weekend and this week. it's so much nicer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

I can’t remember the last time I threw up

6 years ago, sunday morning, 6am. food poisoning