Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Like shaving soap. This one:

https://houseofmammoth.com/collections/alive/products/alive-shaving-soap

quote:

Alive opens with top notes of bergamot, green apple, and basil before transitioning into soapy white floral with powdery labdanum and fresh plant stem, then finishes in oakmoss, wood, and laundry musk.

In the words of one user, “If the bright, fresh opening is the inhale, the warm, woody, creamy, musky base is the exhale of a deeply satisfied breath."

I made Alive as a way to work through my own process of emerging from the lockdown and pandemic disruptions, to find ways to be reborn, to reemerge celebrating the growth that often happens through death and dormancy.

Notes: bergamot, green apple, basil, plant stem, white florals, labdanum, oakmoss, wood, laundry musk

Smells nice. Things should smell nice. What things do you like the smell of?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

It's kind of nice to smell like a urinal

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just use dawn dish soap

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I like the smell of limes.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Mammoths aren't alive, what is this soap trying to pull?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Arrid deodorant and Downy, probably.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Almond. Not like a bag of almonds but more like marzipan. So I guess cyanide smells nice? I'll assume so. Marzipan is tasty.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If you smell like fresh-cut grass, I will like you.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Bad Purchase posted:

just use dawn dish soap
The kind with the duckies on it :3:

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I have a few shower bombs (much like bath bombs except hockey puck shaped) and initially you think what a silly idea, but they actually work and are good. Mine have all been minty-based so far, all the steam becomes fresh and minty and it smells great. Really wakes you up in the morning, like huffing a container of Vicks Vaporub.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Your posts smell like something else.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
at one time in my life about 9 years ago I briefly had a sort of medical condition that somehow increased my sense of smell to a ridiculous degree. in a crowded room the scent of human bodies and sweat and shampoo and deodorant was repulsive. I almost couldn't stand to be around people

But most of all I could literally smell the gasoline and oil fumes in the air every time I went outside or opened a window, so strong it made me want to vomit. the idea that it still smells like that, I just can't smell it anymore is more than a little disturbing. Makes me wonder if animals smell that poo poo all the time.

Anyways OP's question is nonsensical because everyone knows you can't properly smell yourself, it's an educated guess at best

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

Like shaving soap. This one:

https://houseofmammoth.com/collections/alive/products/alive-shaving-soap

Smells nice. Things should smell nice. What things do you like the smell of?

What a shill. The only soap that's ethical to advertise is the one with the lunatic rantings. Bronners Bros 4 Lyfe

edit: and the only things I like the smell of are Coffee, Vanilla, and Dudes

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 27, 2022

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the gently caress are you on about mate?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

In high school I had a buddy who had a legit medical condition that made his breath smell like he'd been eating poo poo. It was very hard to talk to him at times.

Sometime near the end of high school he dealt with it with medication or something. That's my smelly story.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Surprised you all can’t smell me through your screens. Take a big whiff! :shrek:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the gently caress are you on about mate?

Not sure if you mean me or the dopey OP but if you don't have Bronner's in your country it's a basic coconut oil soap that has a label done by a madman:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Rain
Sage
Salty sea air
Tobacco (not tobacco smoke)
Jasmine
Angostura Bitters
Bergamot, sometimes
New Apple product? Idk they have a scent to them. I’m a broken individual
Pine
Lapsang Souchong
One of my cats has a particular scent and I call it fresh kitten. He just smells like a kitten! A fresh one!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
You forgot "surstromming"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

You forgot "surstromming"

Realtalk: six years here, never once had it, or even smelled it.

Kraftskiva though, nej tack.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Dirty dog paws smell like Fritos but clean ones smell like a grandpa, tobacco earth and leather

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

teen witch posted:

Realtalk: six years here, never once had it, or even smelled it.

Kraftskiva though, nej tack.

You can buy cans of it in Torvehallerne here in CPH but gently caress no. I had a bit of it in the "Disgusting Food Museum" in Malmø. Got rid of the taste with sauerkraut juice.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

You can buy cans of it in Torvehallerne here in CPH but gently caress no. I had a bit of it in the "Disgusting Food Museum" in Malmø. Got rid of the taste with sauerkraut juice.

You misspelled Malmö friendo

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

teen witch posted:

You misspelled Malmö friendo

Når I lærer at stave København rigtigt, så ring til mig, skat.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Ta potatis ur i munnen

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I stink, therefore I am

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I made soap for the first time the other day it was fun. Clean up was not as easy as I was expecting.

I was at the grocery store and there was suet for sale and so I got some lye and rendered the suet into tallow and mixed up some lye water and combined it all in a disposable bread tin I found and it feels soapy, maybe too soapy but it was fun and im intetested making more soaps with different oils.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Why do they call them urinal cakes when they taste nothing like cake

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's sometimes hard to tell what your own smell is but I reckon I probably smell of weed and sadness

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's sometimes hard to tell what your own smell is but I reckon I probably smell of weed and sadness

Same but instead of weed it's this

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The description reminded me of a neat website that has user ratings and descriptions of a bunch of perfumes. It's called fragrantica.
I can never pick up the scents they say you're supposed to smell but I also don't think I know what half of them smell like. Like wtf is musk anyways?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It doesn't matter if you smell good or bad OP. If you stink, you stink.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Dixville posted:

The description reminded me of a neat website that has user ratings and descriptions of a bunch of perfumes. It's called fragrantica.
I can never pick up the scents they say you're supposed to smell but I also don't think I know what half of them smell like. Like wtf is musk anyways?

Balls. Musk is balls, Dixville.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Dixville posted:

Like wtf is musk anyways?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Rust Martialis posted:

teen witch posted:

Ta potatis ur i munnen

pretty sure these are spells

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

pretty sure these are spells

Choco Zulu
Oct 10, 2007

A critical mass of chocolate confectionary

Goddamn, that soap is so far up its own rear end. Its like a product description from Goop.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

teen witch posted:

Rain
Sage
Salty sea air
Tobacco (not tobacco smoke)
Jasmine
Angostura Bitters
Bergamot, sometimes
New Apple product? Idk they have a scent to them. I’m a broken individual
Pine
Lapsang Souchong
One of my cats has a particular scent and I call it fresh kitten. He just smells like a kitten! A fresh one!

Smell of rain is the chemical geosmin. Order a big bottle of geosmin and make your whole house smell like sunshine after rain.

https://www.zoro.com/restek-corpora...ChoCg-MQAvD_BwE

Warning don’t actually do this geosmin can be detected at 1 ppb

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Choco Zulu posted:

Goddamn, that soap is so far up its own rear end. Its like a product description from Goop.

*shrugs* fragrances are marketed that way. Here's another

quote:

We started with the idea of french markets lined with stalls of flowers, coffee, fruits and other products. Fields of lavender in bloom outside of the town and a powdery faced noble watching over. Monarch is a powdery lavender with top notes of cognac, face powder and coffee. Heart notes provide the bouquet of lavender, neroli, hyacinth and supporting base notes of sandalwood and vanilla. Feel like the royalty you are, powdery face and all with Monarch.

Notes:
Lavender, Face Powder, Cognac, Coffee, Orange, Neroli, Hyacinth, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Although actually reading it all I noticed this line

quote:

I made Alive as a way to work through my own process of emerging from the lockdown and pandemic disruptions, to find ways to be reborn, to reemerge celebrating the growth that often happens through death and dormancy.
which totally makes Alive worse.

Here's another. What weirdo reads the copy and doesn't just look for the fragrance list.

quote:

Imagine yourself in a hole-in-the-wall barbershop. It's clear from the masonry that the building has been standing since long before you were born, and it seems from the wear in the barbershop's floor that the single old man who runs the shop has stood with it since it was built. He still uses the same tools he did decades ago, but now with a lifetime of practice. He offers no gimmicks. He has no need of them. His work is not novel. His work is excellent. And so you rise from the barber's chair without the need for superficial frills—clean, clear, classic—with the air of a man whose refinement and experience have kept the old way among the modern day's best of the best: The Master

The Master is a dark and spicy take on a Barbershop style scent.

This fragrance was brought to life by perfumer, Shawn Maher of Maher olfactive. For more of Shawn's work check out https://www.maherolfactive.com

Top: Citrus, vanilla, tarragon

Mid: Woods, amber, jasmine, coriander, holy basil, geranium, sweet bay

Base: vanilla, musk, ambrette, sandalwood, patchouli

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Das Boo posted:

If you smell like fresh-cut grass, I will like you.

We have nothing in common