Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deej-zeej
Sep 17, 2022
tell me what you think the meaning is life is, i'm really bored, i don't think we have a purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:justpost:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

^gently caress you

to post op

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
We are here because of living molecules replicating and growing into fantastical(ly lovely) mutant monstrosities

Therefore smoke weed and be gay

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

to impart empathy to the ai constructs that will outlive us

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
There is no purpose, make your own life. As a wise man once said, "if you're bored then you're boring."

Also

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

deej-zeej posted:

tell me what you think the meaning is life is, i'm really bored, i don't think we have a purpose.

Asking what the meaning of life is presupposes that there even is a meaning of life in the first place. So that makes the question itself a logical pharmacy.

Ask a better question next time.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Life inherently has no purpose but the one you give it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The universe wants to experience itself

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
You should watch Babylon 5. It is a television show that seeks to answer a few seemingly simple questions:

Who are you?

What do you want?

Why are we here?

Do you have anything worth living for?

Ultimately, you can't turn away from death simply because you're afraid of what might happen without you. That's not enough! You're not embracing life. You're fleeing death. And so you're caught in between, unable to go forward or backward. Your friends need what you can be when you are no longer afraid, when you know who you are and why you are and what you want, when you are no longer looking for reasons to live, but can simply be.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
For example OP. You cannot ask if sucking the farts out of strangers’ asses is the meaning of life.

However, you can say, sucking the farts out of strangers’ asses is the meaning of your life, and it would be quite accurate.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
42 lol lol monkeycheese

Douglass Adams has much to answer for.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

deej-zeej posted:

i don't think we have a purpose.

Correct!

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
We're here to devour each other alive.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Be cool to your fellow human and don't die too early

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law.
We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody.
Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

consume. obey.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

ja_raul posted:

I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law.
We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody.
Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

:hmmyes:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Snake food. :jerky:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

deej -zeej nutz op

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Just to suffer?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The meaning of life is to move to the afterlife where u get assigned a new life where u have ur past memories but u end up having to do stuff like work at the postal office in a four dimensional world

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Ah, I see you are a disciple of Ragnar Lothbrok

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it’s like, you always forget how good it feels to take a poo poo. But you remember while you’re making GBS threads, and man it’s the best. But it’s like, if you were making GBS threads all the time you wouldn’t remember anything. If you just ate everything and poo poo forever.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

https://youtu.be/Hf-g21-arYk

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

deej-zeej posted:

That emptiness and lack of meaning is your God-shaped hole. Until if and when you recognise it as such and become ready to start getting it filled, you could do, for example, the following:

Kill some time and give yourself temporary purpose by acquiring an avatar. Just pass your eyes down the left size of this page. Lotsa funny and interesting ones hey? Think of how much excitement it'll be carefully choosing which pic, of the billions out there, is the right one for you. And then working out what text to put under it, maybe writing something original, or perhaps some wisdom-dripping famous quote, or perhaps something pithy from popular culture. One thing leads to another, for instance I just looked up the word 'pithy'! Then the creative fun of cropping and maybe editing the pic. Then, finally, enjoying the rewards of hard work and showing it off by posting in GBS a lot!

:justpost:

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 1, 2022

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I'm here because of my parents, they're here because of theirs, and their parent's parents were here because of their parents, and so on until presumably a primate decided to come down from a tree because the planet's climate had a drastic enough change that necessitated a new step in order for said primate to survive.

Or maybe G-d did it, who knows.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Outpost22 posted:

I'm here because of my parents, they're here because of theirs, and their parent's parents were here because of their parents, and so on until presumably a primate decided to come down from a tree because the planet's climate had a drastic enough change that necessitated a new step in order for said primate to survive.

Or maybe G-d did it, who knows.

God did it but he's waiting us to evolve to a more powerful form so he has someone to play D&D with

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
my revolutionary upcoming video game might give you a new lease on life op. basically it's kind of like tetris, but there are pictures of naked girls in the background

naem
May 29, 2011

lard room

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

the more you try to know the tao the further you are from it OP

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

One of the books of the Bible, Ecclesiastes is basically an essay asking why are people are here and what is the point of living. It starts out with "Everything is futile!" and pretty much ends the same way but at the very end has this "The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments for this is the whole obligation of man."

It also says early on "There is nothing better for a man than to eat and drink and find enjoyment in his hard work." Which is a pretty solid mantra.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine being so bad at making decisions you need someone else to tell you what the point of your life is lmao

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

1.) Be excellent to each other.

2.) Party on, dudes.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Darth Brooks posted:

It also says early on "There is nothing better for a man than to eat and drink and find enjoyment in his hard work." Which is a pretty solid mantra.

The bible had some good things to say, but imo true wisdom came from the gipper

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

logical pharmacy

God I hate those places, they're always asking me to provide proofs as to why I need my medicine

naem
May 29, 2011

naem posted:

lard room

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

The bible had some good things to say, but imo true wisdom came from the gipper

gross. keep your furry poo poo outta here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://y.yarn.co/616a4d2c-d31e-410d-8630-6e70750f34a0.mp4