Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
You think he'll do a fourth one as a 1990s/2000s period piece?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he's already done two "jackpot" books set both nowish and a century or so from now

so no, probably not

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 30, 2022

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Speaking of, the Peripheral tv show lands on Amazon (and :yarr:) on October 21st, weekly release.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Speaking of, the Peripheral tv show lands on Amazon (and :yarr:) on October 21st, weekly release.

its by the westworld people lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Carthag Tuek posted:

its by the westworld people lol

eh, WW was* aesthetically fun but the story quickly disappeared asswards, perhaps being stuck with a pre-set story from the book will rein in the worst parts of the directors.

*I only watched S1 but understand it veered off badly after that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

eh, WW was* aesthetically fun but the story quickly disappeared asswards, perhaps being stuck with a pre-set story from the book will rein in the worst parts of the directors.

*I only watched S1 but understand it veered off badly after that

yeah thats fair. it looked great but was stupidly written, so it might be okay with a story that someone else wrote (i watched up to about half of s2 i think)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

peripheral will be bad as they try to paste the dense, visual language of gibson onto generic paper thin vancouver prestige scifi

iirc he didn't have much to do with the script or production other than some casting suggestions

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

it doesnt really matter anyway, i generally dont feel like watching stuff anymore, its too much of a hassle

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i dont want to watch it just cause of how ugly it looked in the trailer

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i couldn't motivate myself to watch ww and i imagine that it will be the same for peripheral

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

watching trailers... :effort:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ll only watch peripheral if it’s about someone’s dick

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

echinopsis posted:

i’ll only watch peripheral if it’s about someone’s dick

its not perineal

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'll watch it but only out of the corner of my eyes while doing something else

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mystes posted:

I'll watch it but only out of the corner of my eyes while doing something else

i have some kind of idea of purity so i dont put things on unless im paying attention

probably i would enjoy stuff more if i didnt

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

lol at the end of this week's game of the rings

some guy turned the knob from NO MORDOR to FULL MORDOR

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I thought you meant they turned Sauron from angel to demon until I realised you meant a figurative knob and not A Knob

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
catching up on What We Do in the Shadows. best season yet. how the gently caress did they get Sofia Coppola to do a scene lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I get it, like it's a rainstorm "mom I'll get the door in the morning" > "Mordor"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
watching "Light & Magic" about the history of ILM. loving great. first 3 eps are basically Star Wars and Empire, and it's all original footage and behind the scenes stuff, so no Lucas cgi bullshit

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

westworld season 1 was a lot of fun. never made it past a few episodes of season 2, it was real dumb.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
saturday morning all star hits is a fun parody of old 80s cartoon programming blocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYKaem_axfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPAr3-4egRU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

remember back in 5th grade, all the 9th graders had full beards

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the munsters movie was just boring prequel vignettes to establish the munsters cinematic universe. i feel asleep during the last 30 minutes.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Chris Knight posted:

watching "Light & Magic" about the history of ILM. loving great. first 3 eps are basically Star Wars and Empire, and it's all original footage and behind the scenes stuff, so no Lucas cgi bullshit

This sounds like my jam, when I was a kid we had a Star Wars VHS set with some making-of extras and I probably watched those as many times as the movies.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

jammyozzy posted:

This sounds like my jam, when I was a kid we had a Star Wars VHS set with some making-of extras and I probably watched those as many times as the movies.
it's right up your alley. I watched all the Making Of shows I could for Star Wars and Raiders, etc. as a kid I so badly wanted to just be in ILM and do special effects

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KidDynamite posted:

the munsters movie was just boring prequel vignettes to establish the munsters cinematic universe. i feel asleep during the last 30 minutes.

their logo looks like boogers

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I don’t know why I thought it would be a fun movie to watch and dunk on, but I watched like 30 minutes of the new Jurassic world and holy poo poo. First of all we apparently missed a movie because there’s all this plot and stuff that makes no sense. 2nd, it’s got that big mainstream movie issue where it’s just an insanely fast paced mosh mash of scenes that make no sense, people just talk, grant and Ellie are clearly just there for the paycheck, no one has any chemistry, there’s wild subplots everywhere and the most incredulous thing is somehow in 4 years, a couple thousand Dino’s being released into the wild have spread across the entire planet and now everyone has to deal with it. Just complete nonsense AND the Dino’s look like poo poo.

it made Jurassic park 2 look like Jurassic park 1 and Jurassic world look like Jurassic park 3!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when I saw in the trailer they’d made holding your hand out a universal dino taming move and not something that one guy taught his favorite I knew it would be real bad. also the second one was lame and sequels never improve

I did see they decided to do another planet of the apes which has been a much more consistent rehash of a classic movie series about man’s hubris destroying humanity

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night's first-time-watch: Kung Fu Hustle

loving wow

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

loving wow

how the gently caress is this your first time watching that

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the new planet of the apes movies were deece iirc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
There's a big gap in my early 00's movie log, because that was when i was in my early 20s, broke, and movie piracy wasn't really a big thing yet. I've made a conscious effort to pick up a lot of 98-2010 stuff and am going back through it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

loving wow

now do shaolin soccer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i actually did watch that years ago but maybe it's time to revisit

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

the new planet of the apes movies were deece iirc
just announced they’re doing another one. definitely a better take on the “rehash of a classic but inconsistent franchise about man’s hubris destroying civilization” genre than the new jurassic movies

rotor posted:

now do god of cookery
fixed

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

There's a big gap in my early 00's movie log, because that was when i was in my early 20s, broke, and movie piracy wasn't really a big thing yet. I've made a conscious effort to pick up a lot of 98-2010 stuff and am going back through it

sorry, but the early 00's was the peak of piracy

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I don’t know why I thought it would be a fun movie to watch and dunk on, but I watched like 30 minutes of the new Jurassic world and holy poo poo. First of all we apparently missed a movie because there’s all this plot and stuff that makes no sense. 2nd, it’s got that big mainstream movie issue where it’s just an insanely fast paced mosh mash of scenes that make no sense, people just talk, grant and Ellie are clearly just there for the paycheck, no one has any chemistry, there’s wild subplots everywhere and the most incredulous thing is somehow in 4 years, a couple thousand Dino’s being released into the wild have spread across the entire planet and now everyone has to deal with it. Just complete nonsense AND the Dino’s look like poo poo.

it made Jurassic park 2 look like Jurassic park 1 and Jurassic world look like Jurassic park 3!

no one other than Michael Schur and James Gunn know how to use chris pratt i wonder if there is some similarity in those two ah well lets make him mario and put him in another action adventure movie.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The worst thing about the new jurassic world is that this

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Dino’s being released into the wild have spread across the entire planet and now everyone has to deal with it.

is an amazing premise and they just gently caress it all up

HOWEVER, the game Jurrasic World: Evolution 2 is a solid dino theme park tycoon and the career mode has you building wildlife preserves and rescuing dinos from poachers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

loving wow

somewhat shocked, but good on you for watching it

i think i'll rewatch Come Drink With Me tonight, probably my favourite shaw movie