Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
My whole life I have almost exclusively only had lucid dreams. I can control what I do in a dream and can manipulate the world most of the time as well. I've never not known I am dreaming.

This being my benchmark, it didn't really click with me until I was a adult (probably way too long) how truly awful nightmares must be. I remember whenever in a movie or TV show someone would wake up sweating and say "oh, thank god, it was just a dream" and I always thought that was just stupid, bad writing. Like, of course it was a dream, you were dreaming! Now that I know that you weirdos actually think that Freddy Kruger is chasing you, I feel really bad.

I'm sorry none of you all have brains that can differentiate reality from fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The only nightmares I experience are your posts, OP.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Infidel Castro posted:

:vince:

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

It's true though. I almost always remember my dreams and almost always maintain my sense of self during them. Dreaming is the most interesting, immersive story-telling experience possible, and those that don't consciously experience it are missing out.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Infidel Castro posted:

:ck5:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

First of May posted:

It's true though. I almost always remember my dreams and almost always maintain my sense of self during them. Dreaming is the most interesting, immersive story-telling experience possible, and those that don't consciously experience it are missing out.

why don't you tell us normies how to lucid dream then, smart guy?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

you just lucid dream it isn't hard

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dude you ever get drunk and then try to cook a steak

I did and it's great

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If you have full control over your consciousness then why are you wasting your time arguing with us here? Go talk to your friends in Narnia, jackass

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Devils Affricate posted:

If you have full control over your consciousness then why are you wasting your time arguing with us here? Go talk to your friends in Narnia, jackass

I'm still trying to achieve full control of my bowls

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I can make you have that control...IN MY DREAMS!!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If I wake up from a bad dream I need to go right back to sleep immediately because I need to know if and how I get out of that bad dream predicament.

Why so many of by bad dreams revolve around school experiences, I don't know, though... Why can't my dreams just be like, "Listen, we're going to reteach you some Calculus and Linear Algebra before we go into nightmare mode, alright?"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

M stll tryng to cheve fll control of my vowels.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I. M. Gei posted:

why don't you tell us normies how to lucid dream then, smart guy?

It's not just lucid, it starts with being aware you're dreaming. Learn to recognize "impossible" elements, or dream patterns unique to you.

I can't fly in my dreams, but I can hover above the ground. I can breathe underwater. I can phase through glass. I can weakly shoot magic from my hands. I have telekinesis. If I try to read in a dream the text shifts and morphs between forms. I sometimes know what's going to happen next. These are all indicators that I'm in a dream that aren't full lucidity.

I sleep very shallowly and I find the most lucid dreaming happens in the early morning just before it's time to get up. Try sleeping with the lights on, or with some music or podcast playing and find that balance where you can reach REM sleep and stay shallowly asleep. Good luck.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

MettleRamiel posted:

My whole life I have almost exclusively only had lucid dreams. I can control what I do in a dream and can manipulate the world most of the time as well. I've never not known I am dreaming.

This being my benchmark, it didn't really click with me until I was a adult (probably way too long) how truly awful nightmares must be. I remember whenever in a movie or TV show someone would wake up sweating and say "oh, thank god, it was just a dream" and I always thought that was just stupid, bad writing. Like, of course it was a dream, you were dreaming! Now that I know that you weirdos actually think that Freddy Kruger is chasing you, I feel really bad.

I'm sorry none of you all have brains that can differentiate reality from fiction.

I hope you change your bedsheets often, OP

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Nightmares are fun as heck, though. Bug ol' game of tag with zombies and if you get bit, you start chasing the humans!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

op you are dreaming right now and we need you to wake up, please wake up

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
OP its not hard to realize you are dreaming I mean it is pretty obvious

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The key difference from OP is I can wake up from the nightmare, they wake up into their nightmare.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

op you are dreaming right now and we need you to wake up, please wake up

I'm not taking advice from a goon

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

MettleRamiel posted:

i am going to incept your dream when I am also lucid dreaming and say ~~~~~~~~

"im gay"

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

I don't really remember most of my dreams when I wake up and it rules

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

MettleRamiel posted:

op my advice is that you should decline any advice from goons

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Gresh posted:

I don't really remember most of my dreams when I wake up and it rules

same and its weird cause i really vividly dream and its pretty cool but then ya know the existential dread kicks in 5 minutes after the alarms and its like forgetting about your entire mushroom trip

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I was able to get into a lucid dream once and have never been able to do it again. This annoys me as the one time I did it was amazing fun.

Now I just have a recurring nightmare where I am happy and content in a fulfilling relationship and a fulfilling job with great kids and a happy social life. Then I realize that none of this ever happened and realize it is a dream when I start to wake up. I remember what my life is really like and I struggle to hold onto the dream.

“I don’t want to go back! YOU CAN”T MAKE ME! Please! NOOOOOOOOO!”

Then I wake up and try not to cry.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Xenocides posted:

I was able to get into a lucid dream once and have never been able to do it again. This annoys me as the one time I did it was amazing fun.

Now I just have a recurring nightmare where I am happy and content in a fulfilling relationship and a fulfilling job with great kids and a happy social life. Then I realize that none of this ever happened and realize it is a dream when I start to wake up. I remember what my life is really like and I struggle to hold onto the dream.

“I don’t want to go back! YOU CAN”T MAKE ME! Please! NOOOOOOOOO!”

Then I wake up and try not to cry.

It's ok, friend, you'll always have us!

I just made it worse, didn't I?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ive had a few lucid dreaming moments

and you know what is closest to lucid dreaming in real life?

skiing

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Authentically re-experiencing traumas in dreams is part of how we process them, op. I'm sorry that you will never get to experience that. Instead your childhood trauma of forgetting to wear pants to school will haunt your subconscious forever and break you one day.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Infidel Castro posted:

When you co opt the spirit of Gritty to become a Mod you are doomed to this.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

MettleRamiel posted:

It's ok, friend, you'll always have us!

I just made it worse, didn't I?

As Norm Macdonald pointed out there is a reason that the rope store is always next to the rickety stool store. Is that true? Asking for a friend.

And no, i am actually fine.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Like, even dogs and rats have nightmares. Imagine the hubris of thinking that's not something important and healthy to have. Nature knows what it's doing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like to imagine my dogs dreams when hes kicking in his sleep. i think hes finally flying up to the tree and getting the squirrel

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Authentically re-experiencing traumas in dreams is part of how we process them, op. I'm sorry that you will never get to experience that. Instead your childhood trauma of forgetting to wear pants to school will haunt your subconscious forever and break you one day.

I have alcohol, you idiot

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

MettleRamiel posted:

I have alcohol, you idiot

this disrupts REM sleep u idiot

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
Is this some new copy paste thing kids are doing?

Ok then. Have a blessed day :angel:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i nutted in my dream last night and in real life too. how many of your dreams have come true op?

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i nutted in my dream last night and in real life too. how many of your dreams have come true op?

You nutted in my dream last night

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Dreams are stupid

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

numberoneposter posted:

ive had a few lucid dreaming moments

and you know what is closest to lucid dreaming in real life?

skiing

This is interesting
When I've lucid dreamed I've always been able to fly but low, like willing myself to do it

I can see where effortlessly skiing fast well in the zone would feel just like that sensation.

Is that what you meant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Womblemania posted:

When you co opt the spirit of Gritty to become a Mod you are doomed to this.

That's actually just called "being a Flyers fan".