Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
I feel we need this but it would be rude of me to make a bigger OP so others can contribute. I'd humbly request a Canada "Post Icons" by the way now and I got us a two four so anyone need a Moulson (I know its Molson the extra U is some of that patended humour don't ya know, eh)?

C word in this thread is also OK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I like being Canadian

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Sex Farm posted:

I like being Canadian

It is better than many other nationalities, not to brag.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
gently caress canada

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
(sorry)

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

I accept your apology and am sorry about your healthcare

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's all right, at the end of the day, nothing to write home about.

Must be better than being British though. I hear those guys only have six different faces.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Mister Speaker posted:

It's all right, at the end of the day, nothing to write home about.

Must be better than being British though. I hear those guys only have six different faces.

they spent all the graphics development on the teeth slider and thats why they had to brexit

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The three most Canadian first names are Lorne, Raymond, and Gordon.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Mister Speaker posted:

:haibrow:

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Mister Speaker posted:

I would add Wayne but it has been retired

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
Do you all feel Letterkenny has advanced or stalled us as a nation?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Womblemania posted:

Do you all feel Letterkenny has advanced or stalled us as a nation?

There are people saying Keeso should play Wolverine so I think it's bumped up our 'visibility' I guess.

That show is such a weirdly local production, I mean all Canadian TV is really, but I'm nobody and I know four separate people who worked or appeared on it. Must be how everyone in Nova Scotia felt about TPB.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Mister Speaker posted:

There are people saying Keeso should play Wolverine so I think it's bumped up our 'visibility' I guess.

That show is such a weirdly local production, I mean all Canadian TV is really, but I'm nobody and I know four separate people who worked or appeared on it. Must be how everyone in Nova Scotia felt about TPB.

I play mens league hockey so know a similar amount of people in that but it seems to be a pretty cross cultural thing for hockey at least. Shoresy being a ref is always just a big betrayal thing though dont be the thing u hate

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbUfDOEw4GA

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
We like to cherry pick stuff that's better in Canada than other countries and then make our national identity revolve around it, a sport, and a coffee chain owned by Americans.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ssXUzJMDIg

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

We like to cherry pick stuff that's better in Canada than other countries and then make our national identity revolve around it, a sport, and a coffee chain owned by Americans.

And how is this different from every other country?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MettleRamiel posted:

And how is this different from every other country?

I hear similar things when I bring up criticisms of Canada to other Canadians.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
At least 69% of all posts itt should originate in Canada or they'll take us off the internet

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

At least 69% of all posts itt should originate in Canada or they'll take us off the internet

And now a song by Our Lady Peace.

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
* Appropriates thread US-ish-ly

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I tried twice to make the jump to PR status and the local government botched up both of my efforts back then 😂

Third time's the charm baby, I got a good feeling about this one :dance:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

timbits suck, do not @ me

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nap Ghost
If the ladies don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I miss the beauty of western Canada.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ruby Gloom posted:

timbits suck, do not @ me

You're right. Honey crullers are pretty good though, but Timmie's coffee fuckin sucks so I'm not going to 2 places. I'll go to McDicks and get a large coffee 1 Splenda and a few cm of milk to cool it down so I can drink is sooner. I've always found coffee to be served far too hot. I like doing their sugar free vanilla iced coffees during the summer for just a loonie. Their snacks suck so I'll prolly grab a chicken sandwich or a mcdouble if its after 1030.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

You're right. Honey crullers are pretty good though, but Timmie's coffee fuckin sucks so I'm not going to 2 places. I'll go to McDicks and get a large coffee 1 Splenda and a few cm of milk to cool it down so I can drink is sooner. I've always found coffee to be served far too hot. I like doing their sugar free vanilla iced coffees during the summer for just a loonie. Their snacks suck so I'll prolly grab a chicken sandwich or a mcdouble if its after 1030.

look at all these made-up words! I know all words are "made-up", but these especially so. Loonies! crullers! chicken!

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Haven't lived in Canada for a decade but I was born and raised in Ontario. Am I allowed to be here? I'll bring some butter tarts

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'll bring the Nanaimo bars, both original and mint.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'll bring the Nanaimo bars, both original and mint.

I've been fishing off nanaimo a couple times. Those nanaimo bars are what, 14,000 calories per bite?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You're lucky you weren't boarded by fierce Canadian pirates patrolling our shores.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

riding the rickety little boats through the bigass swells is always the most enjoyable part of fishing for me, aside from eating the fiesh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love poutine but I'm not Canadian.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
doncha know belongs to minnesota actually

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Canada is a country that is pretty good, but has also done some awful poo poo. Its a land of contrasts. I like living here and like my flag, but I hate those freedom cunts. gently caress them.

Also gently caress hockey and gently caress Tim Hortons.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I love poutine but I'm not Canadian.

I don't think most canadians like or care about poutine though

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

Canada is a country that is pretty good, but has also done some awful poo poo. Its a land of contrasts. I like living here and like my flag, but I hate those freedom cunts. gently caress them.

Also gently caress hockey and gently caress Tim Hortons.

whoa buddy, the c*nt word is ONLY ALLOWED for use in threads ... about ... commonwealth ... well I'll be damned. You've found the loophole.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
I live in Alberta. Do I count?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Please ensure page 2 is a repeat of page 1, but in French.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Captain Splendid posted:

Please ensure page 2 is a repeat of page 1, but in French.

oui, mon glissante derrier.