Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd much rather see Miles Morales OR Arkham City than Shadow of War jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Miles Morales is a game he could finish in 2 or 3 streams, and he really liked Spider-Man. Shadow of War will take a loving while, except he'll probably drop it once it reveals the full scope of its tedium, if not sooner. As much as it is a Batman it is also an Assassin's Creed in a lot of ways. Then again it might click with Pat, sometimes he's unpredictable.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Really wanted to see more Live A Live, but hey, I that probably means I should just buy the game.

Oh wait, that stream's happening tomorrow. Woo!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Pat said had to pause Live A Live because doing both that and Witcher 1 at the same time was terminal to his stream viewership. He said in the Witcher streams he'd pick Live A Live back up after he was done with Witcher, so that's why it was paused until recently.

Might also be why he's been doing all those react streams at the same time to get some numbers up? Doing some mind-numbing open world antics alongside Live A Live sounds like another thing to balance out a very cool but low-interest and obscure JRPG playthrough.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 24, 2022

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Lol Pat.

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1574101704383270912

No Live A Live today after all. I think he just doesn't want to play it.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 25, 2022

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

MagusDraco posted:

Lol Pat.

He was loving it until he got to the Unga Bunga chapter. At least, that's when he stopped streaming it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

MagusDraco posted:

He's one of the biggest Monster Hunter fans, he played Sunbreak once and never touched it again, spent weeks and weeks hyping it up and everything.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

MagusDraco posted:

Lol Pat.

Oh well.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

He's one of the biggest Monster Hunter fans, he played Sunbreak once and never touched it again, spent weeks and weeks hyping it up and everything.

Remember the year long love affair with World and then Iceborne came out and you couldn't stunlock monsters to death for 5 min and he suddenly got very busy with other stuff

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The fact you can't stunlock Rjang to death is a crime. gently caress that rear end in a top hat, he moves around way too goddamn much.

Getting to fight him in non master rank form in Rise was cathartic.

e: Vinny Vinesauce did a playthough of LiveALive that I enjoyed in case anyone just wants to see how it goes.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 26, 2022

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it's good that Pat doesn't waste streams on capcom's grindathon much

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

it's good that Pat doesn't waste streams on capcom's grindathon much

He sure wastes enough time talking about it though.

As I said, I just find it funny when people hype things up, touch them once and never again.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 27, 2022

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
So Pat tore Matt's head off. It was very uncomfortable. Pat said it was awkward to be using Matt's head as a key.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

am i supposed to know what any of those words are supposed to mean or nah

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think there's a couple skeletons meant to be them in Ultrakill.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

sirtommygunn posted:

I think there's a couple skeletons meant to be them in Ultrakill.
DADADA-DADA DA DA DADA-DA

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Flubby posted:

So Pat tore Matt's head off. It was very uncomfortable. Pat said it was awkward to be using Matt's head as a key.

Is there a clip of this or...?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vandar posted:

Is there a clip of this or...?

It'll be part of the Ultrakill playthrough somewhere.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lord_Magmar posted:

It'll be part of the Ultrakill playthrough somewhere.

...right so I'm going to watch several hours of a playthrough of a game I have little interest in to see a short clip. Got it. :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vandar posted:

...right so I'm going to watch several hours of a playthrough of a game I have little interest in to see a short clip. Got it. :v:

Reading your posts.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Vandar posted:

like just start here and you'll get to it eventually

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1600686395?t=02h09m43s

edit though if you're impatient this is it though the first one is worth checking out more than matt skull stuff

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1600686395?t=02h15m53s

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 28, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lol the EYE Divine Cybermancy reference in the Mandalore fight

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I need Woolie to play a competitive team game or high stakes pve game because he drives me loving nuts when Pat can't bring up toxicity in team games without Woolie bringing up fighting games.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Pennsylvanian posted:

I need Woolie to play a competitive team game or high stakes pve game because he drives me loving nuts when Pat can't bring up toxicity in team games without Woolie bringing up fighting games.

Woolie relates everything to fighting games, including if he played a competitive team game or high stakes pve game.

Woolie would find a way to compare a dinner date to fighting games.

zerofiend fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 30, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pennsylvanian posted:

He has played Apex and Overwatch before, he just genuinely doesn't have that part of his brain to recognize toxicity because he's an FGC man that goes "Hey, Noel Brown and Marn are cool"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

is the old deadly premonition lp worth watching? i loved the quanticdreams videos except omikron if that matters

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

beep by grandpa posted:

is the old deadly premonition lp worth watching? i loved the quanticdreams videos except omikron if that matters

yes it's one of their best.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ty friend, i thought that was the case but wasnt sure

edit: this lp is over 9yrs old wow

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

edit: this lp is over 9yrs old wow

:smith:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWwX-QhWQy4&t=202s
The first shitstorm started a DECADE ago

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Depths posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWwX-QhWQy4&t=202s
The first shitstorm started a DECADE ago

how I miss it

I wonder if there'll be another matt/liam lp this year. clock tower 3 was great but the ring was rough because that game is fuckin rough.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

woolie playing a fighting game, but after every hit-confirm he pauses the game to spend ten minutes speculating how the combo will go when it'll only last ten actual seconds in real time

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

woolie playing a fighting game, but after every hit-confirm he pauses the game to spend ten minutes speculating how the combo will go when it'll only last ten actual seconds in real time

Disco Elysium has destroyed Woolie, I was wondering why he was giving so much weight to dialogue options in Mass Effect and I honestly think its because he's treating it like it DE where everything has a consequence or reaction.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

and he doesn't see chat point out that he was 100% wrong about what the move that already came out was, making every single subsequent point complete waste of time

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

Disco Elysium has destroyed Woolie, I was wondering why he was giving so much weight to dialogue options in Mass Effect and I honestly think its because he's treating it like it DE where everything has a consequence or reaction.

I think he always did that and DE was the rare game that warranted it. So that playthrough was actually sick

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Judge Tesla posted:

To be fair, like he was talking about with Pat, with Mass Effect there are absolutely "best ending" choices in the games and sometimes they're hidden in strange little dialog nooks. Most of the big choices have obvious "Are you SURE???" flags around them, but with sidequests and dialog it's pretty hard to parse which NPCs will come back and how big of a deal they'll be. And it's also hard to predict if a renegade option will result in Shepard blowing someone's head off or just being sarcastic in their face.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the important choices being obvious doesn't do anything to stop woolie from loving them up, like being a liberal in DE or supporting genocide in ME.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Rody One Half posted:

the important choices being obvious doesn't do anything to stop woolie from loving them up, like being a liberal in DE or supporting genocide in ME.

Disco Elysium doesn't have "fuckup" choices the way Mass Effect does. The worst consequence you have for choosing liberal is the game mocking you. I guess an outright fascist can upset Kim, which sucks, but it requires saying some pretty awful things to him. Woolie had some bad logic around the choice to delete the Genophage research, but I don't really blame him for not being able to predict a prompt that says "Destroy the data for now" is going to have the cascading ramifications it winds up having in 3.

It's one of the biggest choices you can do on any mission in ME2, and the only loyalty mission that has fallout that might be close is choosing to kill Samara. And even that's more of a "gates off one character's vignette in 3" tier. That little data delete prompt has implied ramifications that impact the whole galaxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

im pretty sure the top right choice is the correct one every time in all mass effects, up to and including the genophage one, which makes the overthinking even funnier