Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

a cartoon duck posted:

im pretty sure the top right choice is the correct one every time in all mass effects, up to and including the genophage one, which makes the overthinking even funnier

The problem is the top right are the paragon choices, and Woolie has been leaning renegade. He's also aware he has to lean strongly one way due to how the dialog checks work later in the game. He definitely could've saved the data and it wouldn't unbalance his choice ratio so hard that he wouldn't be able to preserve the Miranda/Jack or Legion/Tali loyalties. The Legendary Edition made those checks way easier anyway.

But it's not something he'd be able to predict when his only impression of how to play the game is from listening to Pat talk about how you have to go hard one way or the other or Reggie sometimes googling up pointers. And there's going to be a lot of confusion in the google results since it'll mix in the OG game advice with the Legendary tips.

Mass Effect just has a really hosed up and incoherent morality system and this sort of crap happens on every blind run of the games unless you've got an "ideal run-through guide" thing pulled up to read over before every mission.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Woolie really wants to play Mass Effect with his KOTOR 2 style "light later" approach but it's a Bioware game and not an Obsidian one.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I was a Renagon in the original and the only red/blue choices I gave a poo poo about that I got locked out of was Zaeed's loyalty mission because I put it off for too long *shrug*

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Perfect Potato posted:

I was a Renagon in the original and the only red/blue choices I gave a poo poo about that I got locked out of was Zaeed's loyalty mission because I put it off for too long *shrug*

Right, and that's normal. Everyone's going to hit some kind of snag unless they're obsessing over this crap. That's what the appeal of doing a blind playthrough of it is like, really. Seeing what ways people break from the "perfect" path. Mass Effect just feeds into Woolie's worst impulses and a stream chat's powerful tendency to backseat every action, hooting and hollering the whole way.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/martinluiga/status/1576181520389193729?s=20&t=2zNKbIDJa_pPt0skOi0n-Q

The ZA/UM collective was disbanded, but the ZA/UM company is still in business. However, the lead artists and writers were forced out of the company.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Well now we don't have to worry about a disco sequel being a disappointment at least

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I find it pleasantly on brand that the commie cop game was made by some weird company that isn’t the company hippy collective with strong core beliefs. Going out on top baby!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Warbird posted:

I find it pleasantly on brand that the commie cop game was made by some weird company that isn’t the company hippy collective with strong core beliefs. Going out on top baby!

what

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

theCalamity posted:

https://twitter.com/martinluiga/status/1576181520389193729?s=20&t=2zNKbIDJa_pPt0skOi0n-Q

The ZA/UM collective was disbanded, but the ZA/UM company is still in business. However, the lead artists and writers were forced out of the company.

So the company might as well be out of business is what you are saying.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Call me an extremely callous monster but I really don’t understand why the genophage is a bad thing, the Krogan had their chance, they decided they wanted to genocide everyone else, they breed too much and live too long, and theres no indication story wise that they wouldn’t do it again in the future so gently caress it if that’s the only way to preserve peace and prevent another millions-casualty war genocide then go for it.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the genophage is literally bioware doing the "okay but what if the only way to disarm the bomb was to kill a baby? what then?"

cool you created an entire universe and multiple species and wrote their biology and history such that you could make it okay to genocide a race. and then got to go "drat..........isnt morality wild" it loving sucks, and theyre hacks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Call me an extremely callous monster but I really don’t understand why the genophage is a bad thing, the Krogan had their chance, they decided they wanted to genocide everyone else, they breed too much and live too long, and theres no indication story wise that they wouldn’t do it again in the future so gently caress it if that’s the only way to preserve peace and prevent another millions-casualty war genocide then go for it.

"The germans had their chance, time to do some genocide"

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

but also yes this means you don't have to actually buy in and go "it was a good genocide, actually"

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Even in universe the Genophage wasn't meant to be used. The Salarians designed it as a threat to convince the Krogan to participate in peace talks. The Turians are the ones who decided to use it immediately instead of merely having it as a detterent. Furthermore, the actual numbers the Salarians calculated are wrong, because they completely fail to account for the cultural effects it created (probably because the Salarians didn't intend for it to be used in the first place).

The design is meant to make it so that the Krogan have a 1 to 1 birth/death ratio. Which doesn't work if no Krogans want to have children. That's why they're dying out, the "sustainable" birthrate enforced by the Genophage isn't sustainable at all.

For the record, the decision to use the Genophage is the exact same logic that leads to the Turians attacking Humanity in the First Contact War.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

My dream is for is for somebody to plug the blizzard diversity tool into a ai artbot so we can just generate characters.

Like, setting everything to 0 and typing the prompt fps protagonist should spit out a call of duty looking guy.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 2, 2022

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

So the company might as well be out of business is what you are saying.

No, in fact it will be much better because all of those cringe tankies are gone!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

No, in fact it will be much better because all of those cringe tankies are gone!

I guess liberal clowns will enjoy the sequel.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

I guess liberal clowns will enjoy the sequel.

Please do not call the vanguards of freedom and democracy clowns. That's very rude and disrespectful

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 3, 2022

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Please do not call the vanguards of freedom and democracy clowns. That's very rude and disrespectful

Why are you posting like this?

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

C Spam rots your brain

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Nuns with Guns posted:

Why are you posting like this?

I think it’s because they are a tankie. As best I’ve been able to determine that means they like the sexy tank pictures with boobs and stuff on Deviant art. Plz no kink shaming.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Woolie as always has an unrequited love with fighting games, despite all his contributions he didn’t get into the SF6 beta

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Woolie as always has an unrequited love with fighting games, despite all his contributions he didn’t get into the SF6 beta

But Pat did, lmao

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

sirtommygunn posted:

But Pat did, lmao

Which means Pat got his revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_2WRbFCE0

edit: Woolie has a hell of a poker face

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Podcast starting strong :lol:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

But Pat did, lmao

I guess that means Pat likes fighting games more than Woolie!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/theycallmedsp/status/1577517085135343616?s=46&t=RjDk5tBChueN1h-pt9z6Tw

Why do I hear “KOMM, SUSSER TOD” blaring out of woolies house?!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/theycallmedsp/status/1577517085135343616?s=46&t=RjDk5tBChueN1h-pt9z6Tw

Why do I hear “KOMM, SUSSER TOD” blaring out of woolies house?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPcjVFHm2A

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've never seen poor Reggie so offended in the recent Mass Effect episode, the man looked like he was going to throw hands at chat when someone said Canada should be grateful to become part of America when the nations merged together.

Also The Window Incident broke Woolie utterly.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

On the Podcast Pat gave Woolie a PS5 code for the SF6 beta, what an incredible bro move from a good friend, that was really nice. :unsmith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Depths posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWwX-QhWQy4&t=202s
The first shitstorm started a DECADE ago

I feel old

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Al-Saqr posted:

On the Podcast Pat gave Woolie a PS5 code for the SF6 beta, what an incredible bro move from a good friend, that was really nice. :unsmith:
hell yeah

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Technically, Woolie could fire Pat for being too much of a dick about that, couldn't he?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Firing the other person in our two person show

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

A good poster posted:

Technically, Woolie could fire Pat for being too much of a dick about that, couldn't he?

he could have dragged him out back and murdered him, Pat should thank his lucky stars Woolie showed mercy, he will not be so kind in fifty years when the next SF comes out.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

A good poster posted:

Forcing modern street fighter on someone is rude but I don't think he should be fired for it.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

Firing the other person in our two person show

It would become the Woolie and Reggie show, then.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm pretty sure woolie is not pat's boss??

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
co-conspirator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doos
Jan 1, 2015

We need to make some sacrifices to get more Reggie content, and, well,