Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

easily the best brad pitts movie ever made. Nick cave soundtrack: owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtrxqmW2v7g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4jC5FZPSX0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Have you seen The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, OP?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
2007 was an amazing year for movies

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah, it didn’t really do it for me.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
my friend took me to see this and we were expecting to have a good time just clowning on the movie. turned out it was p good. a little long tho like 10-20 mins too long

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

I saw this in a tiny theater when it came out, but the marquee didn’t have room and they probably didn’t have enough plastic letters so I saw THE rear end OF JJ. Real good movie though. Also, Warren Ellis is co-writer on the music? I did not notice that the first time around, didn’t even know he did music :)

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Bulgaroctonus posted:

I saw this in a tiny theater when it came out, but the marquee didn’t have room and they probably didn’t have enough plastic letters so I saw THE rear end OF JJ. Real good movie though. Also, Warren Ellis is co-writer on the music? I did not notice that the first time around, didn’t even know he did music :)

If you're thinking of the transmetropolitan Warren Ellis, I think it's a different Warren Ellis.

My mate who is into films recommended this but I've not seen it yet

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

mudskipp posted:

If you're thinking of the transmetropolitan Warren Ellis, I think it's a different Warren Ellis.

Ah, gotcha. That makes more sense, figured if it was that Warren Ellis it’d be for lyrics or something, but why bother when you already have Nick Cave? Anyway, I’d recommend it too but it’s been a long drat time since I’ve seen it and I’m already pre-disposed to long rear end artsy westerns so ymmv

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

drat, yeah this is a good reminder that I’ve never seen this and need to rectify that.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Devils Affricate posted:

the tom waits one where hes a gold panner was great I want more of that kind of western - just one character in the wilderness

the johnny depp western Dead Man is kind of close, it's very good too

and yeah there's The Revenant too but it didn't feel like a western

I watched the movie in the OP once but don't remember a thing about it. I think it was very long and slow maybe?

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 23, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
maybe you should have watched it on adderall

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That might have helped but I watched it about a decade before I got on adderall and I just have a very poor memory anyway

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

mudskipp posted:

Yeah the Warren Ellis in question is the violinist for The Bad Seeds.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
too long name :byewhore:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Apple Dumpling Gang wants a word with you.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Buce posted:

Yeah, it didn’t really do it for me.

The gently caress is wrong with you

But yeah TAoJJbtCRF (lol) is an excellent film and Casey Affleck was really good in it.

deep dish peat moss posted:

the tom waits one where hes a gold panner was great I want more of that kind of western - just one character in the wilderness

Yes, this is correct. I mean they're all good, but this one is very correct.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-ScEG4

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

In third grade we had to do a report on our hero. And we were supposed to dress up as our hero while we presented our report to the class.

For some reason I decided Jesse James was my hero and I went to school dressed as a cowboy, complete with toy cap guns that I fired off during my presentation (this was pre-Columbine).

It's just weird because I have no idea how I found out who Jesse James was, or why I decided he was my hero.

Thank you for remind me of this moment in my life, OP.

oh and my (white) friend showed up as Emmitt Smith and had brownface on :chloe:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It's no Dick You Sucker! I tell ya what

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ehud posted:

In third grade we had to do a report on our hero. And we were supposed to dress up as our hero while we presented our report to the class.

For some reason I decided Jesse James was my hero and I went to school dressed as a cowboy, complete with toy cap guns that I fired off during my presentation (this was pre-Columbine).

It's just weird because I have no idea how I found out who Jesse James was, or why I decided he was my hero.

Thank you for remind me of this moment in my life, OP.

oh and my (white) friend showed up as Emmitt Smith and had brownface on :chloe:

lol this whole story

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nick cave looks like a caricature of a weirdo

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I got bored and gave up about halfway through. I know some people think it’s great but I just found it slow and tedious.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
It's a good movie, everyones acting is good, I felt bad for wood et because dick liddle was a prick

Jesse having a weird quasi breakdown at rob ford and asking him strange poo poo like "why are you alive when me and mine are all dead!?!?" Then pretend laughing in his face it's p sweet it's a good movie

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Buce posted:

easily the best brad pitts movie ever made. Nick cave soundtrack: owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4jC5FZPSX0

Is that the coward Casey Affleck?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stoatbringer posted:

I got bored and gave up about halfway through. I know some people think it’s great but I just found it slow and tedious.

you're an authority on both subjects

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Never seen it because of its extremely biased title

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Ichabod Tane posted:

It's a good movie, everyones acting is good, I felt bad for wood et because dick liddle was a prick

Jesse having a weird quasi breakdown at rob ford and asking him strange poo poo like "why are you alive when me and mine are all dead!?!?" Then pretend laughing in his face it's p sweet it's a good movie

Yah this is all good. If someone doesn't like layered performances and stuff then they're probably not going to get a lot out of the movie but if you're a fully functioning human with some EQ and IQ then it's pretty compelling

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Toxic Mental posted:

Yah this is all good. If someone doesn't like layered performances and stuff then they're probably not going to get a lot out of the movie but if you're a fully functioning human with some EQ and IQ then it's pretty compelling

EverQuest and intelligence quotient

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I remember making this thread. Still proud of it, these many moons later.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Buce posted:

I remember making this thread. Still proud of it, these many moons later.

Doesn't that thread look awful dusty...

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

TengenNewsEditor posted:

this is a really good post

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

this is exactly what I'd expect from you

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Ichabod Tane posted:

hey just a heads up there pal the link in your custom text is broken

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Nick cave looks like a caricature of a weirdo

He is a weirdo, he once wore a three piece leather suit for a week straight refusing to ever take it off in San Diego during August.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis did the soundtracks for the three best westerns since Unforgiven: The Proposition; The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford; and Hell or High Water. So if anyone reading this thread is making a western just know your movie will be better if you get those guys involved

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm making a western and frankly I don't remember poo poo about the music in this movie, so i'll make the music myself.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

thiccabod posted:

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis did the soundtracks for the three best westerns since Unforgiven: The Proposition; The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford; and Hell or High Water. So if anyone reading this thread is making a western just know your movie will be better if you get those guys involved

good point

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That train robbery scene is literally perfect

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

That train robbery scene is literally perfect

it's haunting. sets the mood for the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

TengenNewsEditor posted:

I love this post thank you for making it