Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
When you remove eggs from the eg box. do you make sure that the eggs left in the box are in a rotationally symmetrical arrangement so that the weight in the box is distributed evenly, like so

⬤◯⬤
⬤◯⬤

◯⬤⬤
⬤⬤◯

◯◯⬤
⬤◯◯

i do and it means that if my egg box was a truck it wouldn't tip over when going around a corner. but it's not a truck it's jsut a box of eggs in my fridge,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

No

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

have you had any health and safety incidents as a result of this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i keep them loose in a bag on the floor, op

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I bust my nuts one by one so yes

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Yes but not like that. I go from one end to the other but then put the empty end in first so I am always grabbing the heavy end.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mods please rename the op to Egg Hypervisor

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Eggs don't go in the fridge

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I've never done this but it sounds like a good idea so I'm gonna give it a try

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

chicken eggs?

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

Buce posted:

chicken eggs?

affirmative

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Yes

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

cool(???) thing i just realised

the store near my apartment sells eggs in packs of 9 in a 3x3 square, and it turns out that it's possible for any number of eggs to be arranged symmetrically, which is not true of a pack of 6 eggs. look

⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤⬤
⬤⬤⬤    ⬤◯⬤    ⬤⬤⬤
⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤◯

⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤◯    ⬤◯⬤
◯◯◯    ⬤⬤⬤    ◯◯◯
⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤◯    ⬤◯⬤

◯◯⬤    ◯◯⬤    ◯◯◯
◯⬤◯    ◯◯◯    ◯⬤◯
⬤◯◯    ⬤◯◯    ◯◯◯

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Yes, op

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

cool(???) thing i just realised

the store near my apartment sells eggs in packs of 9 in a 3x3 square, and it turns out that it's possible for any number of eggs to be arranged symmetrically, which is not true of a pack of 6 eggs. look

◯◯⬤    ◯◯⬤    ◯◯◯
◯⬤◯    ◯◯◯    ◯⬤◯
⬤◯◯    ⬤◯◯    ◯◯◯

the first two would tip on half your turns you rube, you absolute dumbass

edit: gently caress you!

Jorge Bell fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 3, 2022

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I choose the eggs completely at random.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Gave your mom’s eggs a “load balance”

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Replace the eggs in your house with rocks so when your wife goes to make eggs poo poo outs a rock in the pan instead lmao lol haha

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

also I only eat emu eggs

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

When you remove eggs from the eg box. do you make sure that the eggs left in the box are in a rotationally symmetrical arrangement so that the weight in the box is distributed evenly, like so

⬤◯⬤
⬤◯⬤

◯⬤⬤
⬤⬤◯

◯◯⬤
⬤◯◯

i do and it means that if my egg box was a truck it wouldn't tip over when going around a corner. but it's not a truck it's jsut a box of eggs in my fridge,

Yes. Yes, I do this.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

load balance THESE eggs right here, ya bitch

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Yes, I absolutely loathe asymmetry.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Cobra Commander posted:

Gave your mom’s eggs a “load balance”

actually laughed really hard at this

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I've never done this but it sounds like a good idea so I'm gonna give it a try

tried it and all I have to say I'LL GET YOU OP!!!!

YOU SUCK!

I'LL GET YOU!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Do you leave the empty shells in the carton

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I do. My wife doesn’t. I make a point of trolling her by always balancing out the eggs whenever I use a carton.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Yes, OP

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Well poo poo. I've always just eaten the entire carton in one sitting to avoid this problem! You have no idea how much this life hack will improve my digestive health.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I make a point of keeping the carton as unbalanced as possible because I like to live dangerously, but I understand if you can't handle the adrenaline OP

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

⬤◯⬤
⬤◯⬤

◯⬤⬤
⬤⬤◯

◯◯⬤
⬤◯◯

I'm pretty sure if you're packing a truck most of the weight should be toward the front and not evenly distributed. So your egg truck is a total failure.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Absolutely. Imagine lifting an egg carton, and there were too many eggs on one side. That would be a disaster.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Eggs don't go in the fridge
Why did you buy such a tiny fridge?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

american eggs require fridging to reduce the chance of hideous disease

eggs from countries with more developed regulations do not, as they have not had the protective covering scoured off

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

american eggs require fridging to reduce the chance of hideous disease

eggs from countries with more developed regulations do not, as they have not had the protective covering scoured off

A protective covering of chicken poo poo and egg-laying effluvia.

*gets salmonella, shits violently*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
01000101 11111111
00000000 10100101

These are some of the eggceptable configurations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

A protective covering of chicken poo poo and egg-laying effluvia.

*gets salmonella, shits violently*

salmonella isn't necessarily endemic in chickens in general, though, we just tolerate it in american industrial chickens to keep meat/eggs cheap. the chicks are born without it and pick it up from from living in filth. so it probably does need to be washed off of those eggs, but not necessarily eggs from chickens in someone's yard or eggs from a farm in a country w/ better standards

e: also just lol if you don't empty the carton into the egg bin. don't you have an egg bin? amateurs.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I have chickens so it's a strict order of freshness. E: and yeah none of them have salmonella.

fishing with the fam posted:

Well poo poo. I've always just eaten the entire carton in one sitting to avoid this problem! You have no idea how much this life hack will improve my digestive health.
Yeah you'd can't half rear end it. A couple of eggs or four dozen eggs those are the options.