Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's just a tossaway joke.

As in, it's for comedic effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

team overhead smash posted:

Well I think for Koga he’s been training with Ohma for like 2.5 years or something? But yeah everyone should grab the Niko style because it’s absurdly OP.

Yeah like the kaiwan style is blatantly the most op martial art shown so far but it was also stated it takes decades to get your joints to the level of gensai where they're insanely flexible and can't be snapped

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Any bullshit that the Niko style has pulled out out of its rear end thus far still doesn't match up to the Kaiwan style "a guy can fire a rifle at me from two feet away and it literally doesn't matter" insanity.

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kanos posted:

Any bullshit that the Niko style has pulled out out of its rear end thus far still doesn't match up to the Kaiwan style "a guy can fire a rifle at me from two feet away and it literally doesn't matter" insanity.

Also, nothing in the entire series of Ashura or Omega to date has matched up to Kuroki being able to carve an entire detailed statue in loving concrete with his bare loving fingers.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Kuroki is the best because his training is superhuman, legendary, one-of-a-kind stuff and his actual fighting moves are ELBOW - STRAIGHT PUNCH - FRONT KICK

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Why does waka not simply grab his opponents and crush their bones with his hands instead of using techniques

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bushmeister posted:

Kuroki is the best because his training is superhuman, legendary, one-of-a-kind stuff and his actual fighting moves are ELBOW - STRAIGHT PUNCH - FRONT KICK

Kuroki does have a finishing move which he calls the "Devil Lance", though. Deep down inside he's as much of a chuuni as his student Albert.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gensai had the best move in all of ashura which was simply placing his fist in the path of the sasuke look alike

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

Why does waka not simply grab his opponents and crush their bones with his hands instead of using techniques

If he squeezes them too hard they might squirt blood, which is one of his secret weaknesses.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

drat I'd like to see waka and Julius fight again

Remember when Julius was involved in killing that F1 driver

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

drat I'd like to see waka and Julius fight again

Remember when Julius was involved in killing that F1 driver

That's filed under the 'pointless thing Hayami does because he thinks it's brilliant'.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think that moment in particular is the closest this series will ever get to Baki-level insanity

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Well, bullshit but acceptable bullshit for me as well. You don't break a forearm, especially that of an athlete, by crushing it. You need more force... still better than "releasing", "advancing" or "suddenly, psycho!".
Anyway, why Waka doesn't do it? Because he's a karate boy. They're all the same, slamming their fists and kicking stuff harder than their bone to prove their worth.
Waka KOing Julius with two kicks and then zanshin!, that was really cool, though

Char fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 29, 2022

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

I think that moment in particular is the closest this series will ever get to Baki-level insanity

Gensai carving a Buddha statue on the steel wall of a ship and intercepting a point blank rifle bullet with a heavy jar?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I mean if we’re talking Baki feats, Razor’s edge is basically Hanayama’s grip strength used differently.

Misasa destroying a boiler with a tap also stood out to me just because of how casual it was.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

I mean if we’re talking Baki feats, Razor’s edge is basically Hanayama’s grip strength used differently.

Misasa destroying a boiler with a tap also stood out to me just because of how casual it was.

First thing I thought when Koga did the grip hax was of Hanayama

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Plutonis posted:

Gensai carving a Buddha statue on the steel wall of a ship and intercepting a point blank rifle bullet with a heavy jar?

I was thinking both in terms of feats of strength and also the complete nonsensical reasoning for why it was done.

Carving a Buddha statue with your bare hands? That’s rad
Blocking a bullet with a jar to test your foresight? Rad

Kidnapping a famous F1 racer’s family to blackmail him into doing something that can be accomplished easily by a suitably heavy brick? That’s some Baki-level poo poo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I mean in Baki the cord cutter went after tendons and ligaments that were close to the skin crippling limbs one by one. Rihito appears to have cut someone inches deep from their head down their entire torso. Even musashi's invisible sword didn't actually cut people.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
gently caress
I say this because I'd come to like Adam as a character despite his garbage haircut but he's just going to be the sacrificial lamb for Ryuki

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

gently caress
I say this because I'd come to like Adam as a character despite his garbage haircut but he's just going to be the sacrificial lamb for Ryuki

Yeah gently caress this for real.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
gently caress... this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gently caress

It would be very funny if it didn't which is why it's a shame it will

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

please repeat what kengan asura did please please please

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I believe in Adam Dudley.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Artelier posted:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ryuki disrespected Adam. He HAS to die now

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

Chaos Triangle
Dec 9, 2007
DO NOT TRUST
Saw Paing vs. Adam Dudley grand finals let's fuckin go

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

It would be very funny if it didn't which is why it's a shame it will

It will be reveled that Adam trained under both Wakatsuki to create his own version of blast core using Adam's unique trunk muscles as a basis, while also being another of Gensai's justwatchmepractice students and he'll do to Ryuki what the beard did to Setsuna. But with less twisting

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Artelier posted:

What Kengan Asura did, vis-a-vis Adam, was him losing and being eliminated in the first round of the tournament though.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

It will be reveled that Adam trained under both Wakatsuki to create his own version of blast core using Adam's unique trunk muscles as a basis, while also being another of Gensai's justwatchmepractice students and he'll do to Ryuki what the beard did to Setsuna. But with less twisting

What would Adam name the technique? Dudley Blast? gently caress You Blast? The Emperor's Blast? gently caress Shot?

We all know Ryuki is going to go straight for the kill, Adam knows this.

On this day, the gently caress Shot .... misfired hitting Ryuki dead centre.

Adam Dudley posted:

loving pussy rear end human being. I don't need fancy rear end moves when you're so predictable.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

What would Adam name the technique?
The Raging Bull, and no. Dudley has never seen the movie.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It would just be “gently caress”

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dudley will lose, but Ryuki will learn from him and adopt his "gently caress" catchphrase + get some sweet tattoos.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Crymetimeboys posted:

What Kengan Asura did, vis-a-vis Adam, was him losing and being eliminated in the first round of the tournament though.

Sorry I couldn't read this post over rereading Kengan Asura and seeing the rival character get annihilated long before they fought the main character

Artelier fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 7, 2022

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ytlaya posted:

Dudley will lose, but Ryuki will learn from him and adopt his "gently caress" catchphrase + get some sweet tattoos.

Dudley gets his rear end kicked but punches Ryuki's teeth out so Ryuki has no choice but to get the gently caress grill permanently implanted.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Has there been any word of a physical release or something cuz I would like to go thru Ashura again.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I've been re-reading Asura, and I noticed something about the tournament selection.

The CEO of Motorhead Motors had the ninth selection and, based on the what slots were already taken, he purposefully picked a slot that would allow Gensai to face Agito in the semi-finals and then the person who won the other block. He could have slotted Gensai on the other block and have him only face Agito in the finals, but since he did give a drat about winning, he either picked the choice that would provide Kuroki the most climactic and meaningful fights or wanted to make 100% sure that there wouldn't be any dark horse in the right block denying him the chance to fight Agito.

Also, two CEOs were forced to choose between a slot that would have Gensai as their first opponent and Agito as their fourth or slots where they would have to face Agito on the second round and Gensai on the fourth and they picked the option that would have their fighter face Agito on the second round. Rihito had the last pick, and the only slot left was against Gensai.

A lot of people sussed out what was up with Gensai it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I mean, have you seen the man’s beard?