Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

itry
Aug 23, 2019

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Way back there was this youtube of an old car designer guy looking at the cars in the game as if they were real giving his opinions of them and it was something like

"This thing has the aerodynamics of a FIST. When it pulls up you say yessir even if you don't work for the guy, even if you don't have a job."

"This one's practical. What's these, sensors? The asymmetric aftermarket look works, I could see somebody doing this to their car if this stuff was available, interesting."

Basically he had nothing bad to say about any of them really, thought it was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODhaO1pyKjw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I can't hear you all over how cool I feel riding the Kusanagi bike

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Way back there was this youtube of an old car designer guy looking at the cars in the game as if they were real giving his opinions of them and it was something like

"This thing has the aerodynamics of a FIST. When it pulls up you say yessir even if you don't work for the guy, even if you don't have a job."

"This one's practical. What's these, sensors? The asymmetric aftermarket look works, I could see somebody doing this to their car if this stuff was available, interesting."

Basically he had nothing bad to say about any of them really, thought it was pretty cool.

Think I saw that. Yeah, even the crap cars are great.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

the design of the cars in this game, alongside the art design of just about everything else, is really very cool

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lord Lambeth posted:

I can't hear you all over how cool I feel riding the Kusanagi bike

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Can you hack cars? I just realized that beyond driving them and using the trunk there is really nothing else to the cars.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You can break into people's cars. It's a good way to grind experience.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

not nearly enough love for the shion in this thread

god's perfect little tuner

I dunno. Looks like a car for flash posers to me.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Hulk Smash! posted:

I dunno. Looks like a car for flash posers to me.

finally someone who gets it

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The motorcycle you get for the Highwayman quest is growing on me, especially after noticing the demon face on the front

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean through all of this we're still ignoring the Porsche 911

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the porsche 911 makes me lol because apparently at one point johnny was riding around in a car that says samurai, wearing a jacket that says samurai, and wearing a t shirt that says samurai

can you imagine mick jagger doing that with the rolling stones

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The Mai Mai owns for ziipin around cutting lanes and dodging traffic

E) and looking Rad As Hell obviously

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

not nearly enough love for the shion in this thread

god's perfect little tuner

When this baby hits 88 mph yer gonna see some serious poo poo (like launching off of 2 degree inclines into buildings just off the highway).

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jimbot posted:

(like launching off of 2 degree inclines into buildings just off the highway).

p sure this was like 25% of edgerunners

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arc Hammer posted:

The badlands variants of the cars are all super fun to drive. I'm a big fan of the Coyote you posted and the Archer Quartz Bandit.

I like the 99k one, can't remember the nickname for it, but it's the not-mustang. For city driving I bought the Rayfield and it probably is the fastest car with the best handling, although being long as poo poo causes some issues sometimes.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I was messing around with overclocking my CPU today and managed to get cyberpunk hovering around 38~45 fps with rtx on. Should I be capping fps to 40 or 30?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i wish the game had jewelry and whatnot, tho totally disconnected from stats at all. or that i could change tattooes. oh well.

been driving Murk Man's car more than i had before, and it's okay. I'm wrecking it less than usual. the driving just doesn't feel like driving, but Forza is one of the only other games i play, so of course this won't measure up. it just has the feel of being weightless in an odd way, i guess.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The only three vehicles that matter are the Javelina, the akira bike, and jackie's bike

Everything else is completely interchangeable and devoid of worth :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I get why the controls leave the camera as a free look while car controls are WASD but I'd sacrifice that if I could have Halo Warthog style mouse look driving with WASD being for slight tweaks only.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Akira Bike, Jackie's Bike, Highwayman Bike.
Maemae

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

both of my characters rode the hell out of the Kaneda bike. my cowboy nomad guy switched to the Javelina when he got it, and my goth street kid woman mostly used a van as backup before the ol cyberpsychosis kicked in

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

cyberpsychosis isn't real. i just kill a lot of people very quickly for no benefit to myself because sandy, mantis blades, and shotguns are fun toys

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Finished the anime. Pretty cool, definitely one of the better video game adaptations/tie-ins I've seen. Some jank animation with the CGI cars, the reused backgrounds, focusing on the backs of character's heads so you don't have to see their lips move, etc, but otherwise it had a lively style and the parts they put the budget into were fluid and impactful. Starting with a younger character still in school was a neat choice, you don't see that perspective in the game and the first episode drives home just how poo poo life in Night City is and why so many become cyberpunks in the first place.

Sad that I've basically ran out of classic cyberpunk media to consume, outside of the other two Sprawl books, the GitS show and a few bits and pieces here and there. I'll add my own recommendations to the list if anyone cares still (hey don't blame me for only now getting into this, blame the devs for releasing an unfinished game lol)

Videodrome and Tetsuo: The Iron Man - Two surreal body horror films that, while not set in the future, fit within the themes of the genre. Videodrome is about a pirate snuff channel that alters your mind's eye and the rebel new flesh that seeks to overthrow it. Does Jean Baudrillard better than The Matrix and completely by coincidence, having been written concurrently with Simulacra and Simulation.

Tetsuo is about a guy who gets infected with this living metal organism and goes full cyberpsycho. Think of it as less of a robot and more like a tangled mass of metal and wires jutting out of human body and you'll understand why this is a famously grotesque film. Like if Adam Smasher was cobbled together by the people on Junkyard Wars. A really silly and relatively brief Japanese indie film on a small budget.

Also surprised eXistenZ, another Cronenberg, wasn't on the list to begin with. It's one of the best movies about virtual reality and rebels fighting an evil corporation ever made.

Finally, not cyberpunk at all, not even science fiction, but if you want to watch a camera make sweet, sensual love to a dense East Asian city at night, then check out Fallen Angels.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

both of my characters rode the hell out of the Kaneda bike. my cowboy nomad guy switched to the Javelina when he got it, and my goth street kid woman mostly used a van as backup before the ol cyberpsychosis kicked in

Lol I like playing this way too. At 20 ref you're still slower than cars, but unless you've gotta run 1KM or more you sure don't feel slower. Especially in the parts of town where it's easier to get on roofs and run in a straight line.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

You can break into people's cars. It's a good way to grind experience.

Im not by my PC atm, can you elaborate how this works for gaining xp? Sounds fun.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Mantis42 posted:

Finally, not cyberpunk at all, not even science fiction, but if you want to watch a camera make sweet, sensual love to a dense East Asian city at night, then check out Fallen Angels.
Wow, forgot about that one. It's amazing. I can't find my VHS tape of it, I looked for at least 5 minutes but it had Heroic Trio in the case.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Fallen Angels and Chungking Express are both top tier films.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Angels is sick lol. I wish I had a mentally ill goth stalker GF as well.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol I like playing this way too. At 20 ref you're still slower than cars, but unless you've gotta run 1KM or more you sure don't feel slower. Especially in the parts of town where it's easier to get on roofs and run in a straight line.

the loving traffic jams too. there's a couple places where driving is easy but everywhere else is 50 50 on if I'm hoofing it or not

i miss that van tho...

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i need to watch them soon. i’ve been meaning to for a while now but never gotten around to it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ughhhh posted:

I was messing around with overclocking my CPU today and managed to get cyberpunk hovering around 38~45 fps with rtx on. Should I be capping fps to 40 or 30?

this got me thinking because i've been kind fed up with my framerates in this game so i've been doing some testing and it turns out that this game is actually just entirely cpu limited. i turned off everything in graphics, like lower than the "low" preset, and went slow driving in the japantown and the like and i'm still in the 40-60fps range with my gpu (gtx 1660ti) around 60% usage, meanwhile my 4ghz 6 core/12 thread cpu is just totally maxed out

E: driving the main road between corpo plaza and downtown, cutting my res in half to 720p gained me about 3fps on avg lol

site fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 7, 2022

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tirranek posted:

Been playing through again and trying some new/updated mods. Thought some people might find some of these links useful:

(This doesn't contain the framework mods, but you'll be given links to them by the site when necessary)

IMMERSIVE/AESTHETIC

NC Metro System: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3560
A little janky but it gives you an amazing sense of the city. Turn on the radio for some extra ambience and it can be :discourse:

Immersive Driving 1.6: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/5293
Made a huge difference for me, and gives you a lot of granular control with a kb/m.

Always First Equip: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2557
Lots of great animations for giving you that 'right, let's do this' vibe before a gig. Used to be quite fiddly to customise, but the latest update was much simpler.

All mods put out by deceptious, so far: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/users/4035601
They add more interactions with characters and let you do basic versions of drinking and soaking in the scenery

Track What You Want: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4110
Simple but makes a big difference. Being able to turn of the quest markers makes it much easier to just look around and go, 'Ahh, urban hell :allears:'

Arasaka Cyberarms: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1099
Pretty fiddly when I last used it, and had some weird issues with clothing, but it's the one-stop shop for snazzy roboarms.

(Story-related spoilers)
V's Edgerunner Mansion: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/5437
The apartment you get in some of the epilogues. Makes for a fun 'ahh, guess I made it :unsmith:' space and has a fun feature when the cost scales down with Street Cred.

GAMEPLAY

Better Netrunning: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2302
Makes it so that you need to find and access point or unconscious enemy to breach the network, before doing most of your quickhacks. Makes sneaky/hacker much more tense at higher difficulties.

Vehicle Combat: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3815
Adds a system for car chases and shootouts, and (this is key point, for me) a backup system when fighting gangs. If you're in a fight, usually one of the enemies will try to call in support, which you can interrupt the same way as an enemy quickhack. It adds a really fun and dynamic layer to combat.

:siren:These next two are incompatible with each other:siren:

HARDCORE22 - Realistic Combat Modhttps://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1908
Basically turns the game into a hardcore Immersive Sim, where you can kill most enemies in a couple of shots, but the same can happen to you. Think 'Give Me Deus Ex' in Human Revolution.

OR

Damage Floor: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/5161
More granular tweaks that preserves the importance of stats, but makes it so that you won't be gated by level differences. I've only started using it, but I tried it with some early Watson gigs, and it was really fun. The enemies were dangerous but they still fell in a reasonable number of shots.

Sorry for :words: but I've been having a lot of fun with them, and hopefully this will be useful for someone!

Quoting to save

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

site posted:

this got me thinking because i've been kind fed up with my framerates in this game so i've been doing some testing and it turns out that this game is actually just entirely cpu limited. i turned off everything in graphics, like lower than the "low" preset, and went slow driving in the japantown and the like and i'm still in the 40-60fps range with my gpu (gtx 1660ti) around 60% usage, meanwhile my 4ghz 6 core/12 thread cpu is just totally maxed out

E: driving the main road between corpo plaza and downtown, cutting my res in half to 720p gained me about 3fps on avg lol

Yhea! After messing with my 8600k there was no noticable difference when I played around with settings other than rtx and dlss on the fps. Going from stock to 5ghz gave me a good 10fps. I'm gonna mess around with fan curves and undervolting/overclocking the GPU next to see what that does.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

wizard2 posted:

Im not by my PC atm, can you elaborate how this works for gaining xp? Sounds fun.

Parked cars generally have a steal prompt that has the Tech icon. I believe if the car is being driven and you try to jack it it's body instead.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So is there some explanation about the small war in City Center that breaks out against what appears to be corp soldiers and robots? I was driving through there to pick up my car and immediately they all decided to kill V.

They didn't. But they tried.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
That's by the Dynalar fast travel terminal iirc, I never figured out what was up with that either. If you don't waltz straight into it you can let both sides weaken each other before you clean them all up

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Especially given the sheer amount and variety, it's pretty remarkable how detailed the clothing is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Dawgstar posted:

So is there some explanation about the small war in City Center that breaks out against what appears to be corp soldiers and robots? I was driving through there to pick up my car and immediately they all decided to kill V.
Got the impression that their security systems went haywire / got hacked by a rival corporation and it became a mini Terminator 2: Judgment Day in front of that building.