Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Looks like mint too me or whatever the best quality is. Pretty sure. Has to be. That grime is totally all on the outside of the case.

edit: Oh how embarrassing it's a Venusaur not a Vensaur.

edit 2: I have no idea I don't feel like taking it out of the case.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I'll give you a high-five and a thumbs up for it, OP

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElJe-gXUrA

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

you spelled it wrong in the thread title and nobody is going to click because they don't know what the heck you're talking about

shameful

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

pokemon cards are for children op

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

pokemon cards are for children op

i think ones like this are worth decent money

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Penusaur

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I sure hope this is worth 1k+ but it might not be who knows seems like a bother to figure out. Maybe I should take it to the game store and see how little if any they offer me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Shred it and snort it, to gain pokemon powers

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.

Duck and Cover posted:

I sure hope this is worth 1k+ but it might not be who knows seems like a bother to figure out. Maybe I should take it to the game store and see how little if any they offer me.

I bet you could get at least 2 GameCube games for it. Good trade.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CozyFella posted:

I bet you could get at least 2 GameCube games for it. Good trade.

I'm not sure they do video games. It's a board/trading card place that I've never been too.

edit: Looks like they have retro video games.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
someone tear it in half and punch op in the stomach

*nose goes*

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.
Ah, well if you're lucky then you could possibly trade it for Settlers of Catan. Also a good trade.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

his expression is pretty venasour imo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i remember something like that happening with mtg in fourth grade. like someone brought in a card they were proud of and the kids they wanted to impress grabbed & ripped the card

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
val venisaur

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CozyFella posted:

Ah, well if you're lucky then you could possibly trade it for Settlers of Catan. Also a good trade.

The only version people should play is the one for the xbox arcade. If you trade sheep to a port and maybe the bank it goes baaaaah splash it's pretty fantastic.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

There was a guy on an episode of Pawn Stars who came in with a huge collection of Charizards all in perfect or near-perfect condition. At least one of them was a 1st edition base card. They had a guy on the show appraise the whole collection at something obscene like $500K with the 1st edition card alone being worth like $150K.

The dumbass store owner guy ended up refusing to buy any of it because, in his words, he didn't know jack poo poo about Pokemon and couldn't sell something he didn't know anything about.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

There was a guy on an episode of Pawn Stars who came in with a huge collection of Charizards all in perfect or near-perfect condition. At least one of them was a 1st edition. They had a guy on the show appraise the whole collection at something obscene like $500K with the 1st edition card alone being worth like $150K.

The dumbass store owner guy ended up refusing to buy any of it because, in his words, he didn't know jack poo poo about Pokemon and couldn't sell something he didn't know anything about.

How real do you think Pawn Stars is?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Sorry OP but 1st edition Venusaur is weak to 1st edition Charizard

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Duck and Cover posted:

How real do you think Pawn Stars is?

It’s on the History Channel. It would be hard to be on the History Channel if it wasn’t real history.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Duck and Cover posted:

Looks like mint too me or whatever the best quality is. Pretty sure. Has to be. That grime is totally all on the outside of the case.

Quit stalling and put it in the drat cum jar

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Duck and Cover posted:

It's not holographic, pleb. This card is horeshit.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Venusaur+%5B1st+Edition%5D+%2315&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

venusaur

https://pokemonshop.co/product/venusaur-shadowless-1st-edition-non-holo/

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

It's not holographic, pleb. This card is horeshit.

I'm not sure a non holographic Venusaur is a thing.

edit: I say after a person posts just that.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 7, 2022

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not sure a non holographic Venusaur is a thing.

edit: I say after a person posts just that.

That second card is a fake, hah.

You have a base set shadowless venusaur

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

no pubes yet sorry posted:

That second card is a fake, hah.

You have a base set shadowless venusaur

I like money. Well at least over having a cardboard card with a shiny Venusaur.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i've got a base set diglett card where one of the energies is misprinted and rotated 90 degrees, I'm going to leave it for my children to trade in the post apocalypse for clean water

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

edit: Looks like they have retro video games.

GameCube is 21 years old, so that should count as "retro".

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lol at idiots who pay through the rear end for a loving little piece of cardboard.

I wonder how many cards are fakes, maybe most of them.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Penusaur

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

you wont get away with this.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Penis sore

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I bet if it was a Penusaur it'd be worth more. First edition, shadowless, misprint. I'd be rich!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 9, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Anyone want to actually play card games? I could try to get a webcam set up and see if I can get that to work. If not we could always do something like Tabletop Sim or Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://tabletopia.com/ allows inbrowser tabletop-simulator playing, op. you can do poker in it

the downside is that the cards are virtual and not in a handy wipe-clean plastic sleeve like Duck and Cover has, so when you masturbate over them it can get a bit tricky to clean up. it's still a viable option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Duck and Cover posted:

I bet if it was a Penusaur it'd be worth more. First edition, shadowless, misprint. I'd be rich!